Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rise of Hannah

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
If you haven't learned from history, you are bound to repeat it. If Cal continues to intercede and has a determinate input in the choice of HC, it will continue the dysfunction of the structure of this franchise............i.e., in a well-functioning organization, once the GM is in place, the choice of the HC is his. Tampering with the organization's basic functional structure, destroys that organization..........as it has already beenhistorically shown to be the result for decades here in Houston.

This statement could have only come down from pressure by Cal. But Cal can turn that on a dime with a little interposition of good advice and common sense.

Hannah is a significant influence in bolstering Cal's confidence. I can't tell you that she has had any significant effect in redirection of his choices.
Thanks Doc!

Interesting tweet I found about Hannah. Paul Gallant asked the question about Caserio choosing the head coach if he was getting permission from Cal.

You can hear Hannah on the audio saying I can answer that. Gallant said she turned to him and said it jokingly. It is at the 18 or 19 second mark of the video.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
This statement says so much…& folks here with an agenda just gloss over it b/c of the preconceived ideas the media is pumping.

In this statement, NC is directly & indirectly telling EVERYONE that he’s not the one screwing this whole thing up.

The whole narrative being pumped about NC’s “tone & confidence” being different in this press conference…..insinuating that he’s been humbled or whatever…..i attribute that more to him being in the uncomfortable position of having to answer for things that weren’t entirely on him…questions from the media that should’ve been directed at Cal…but Cal sorta set him up..read his prepared statement, took no questions, sat down and let NC take all the shots being fired by the media.
Caserio has put all of heart and soul into this job. It is apparent because it sounded like he was getting emotional during his speech of having to step aside if a coach wants him to.

Caserio had had to deal with stuff no owner has had to deal with - Watson trade, Easterby, Cal meddling , and the rise of Hannah.

I think he realizes he is in a losing situation. Cal doesn’t see how he messed up the last Coach search and will take all the credit for the next.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Thanks Doc!

Interesting tweet I found about Hannah. Paul Gallant asked the question about Caserio choosing the head coach if he was getting permission from Cal.

You can hear Hannah on the audio saying I can answer that. Gallant said she turned to him and said it jokingly. It is at the 18 or 19 second mark of the video.

I need to interject something here. There is an ongoing great misconception that Cal and Hannah "own" the Houston Texans.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I need to interject something here. There is an ongoing great misconception that Cal and Hannah "own" the Houston Texans.
Caserio refers to the owners as Cal and Hannah. I want to say in his Q&A he said it 2-3 times. That tells me something.

I know Janice is the owner.

In all the pressers when Bob was alive I rarely heard Janice’s name at the presser.

vtech9

All Pro
Everyone is looking for the next Mcvay or Lil Shanny. The young offensive mind to take their team to the next level. In Kafka, Johnson and Steichen they have candidates ranging in age from 35-37. Hope they hit on the right candidate and then go to the draft and hit again. If they do, this franchise will have a shot at long term success even if Cal is owner.
I think Cal is going to be a better owner from here on out. I think Hannah is taking a more prominent role, and is directing things behind the scenes. She seems to be the one that is more plugged in, and has quietly become the real power at the top.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think Cal is going to be a better owner from here on out. I think Hannah is taking a more prominent role, and is directing things behind the scenes. She seems to be the one that is more plugged in, and has quietly become the real power at the top.
I'd like to agree but it would just be wishful thinkin on my part, and I'm wondering are you sure it's not wishful thinkingr on your part or do you have something to support your comments ?

OzzO

.. and then?
Caserio has put all of heart and soul into this job. It is apparent because it sounded like he was getting emotional during his speech of having to step aside if a coach wants him to.

Caserio had had to deal with stuff no owner has had to deal with - Watson trade, Easterby, Cal meddling , and the rise of Hannah.

I think he realizes he is in a losing situation. Cal doesn’t see how he messed up the last Coach search and will take all the credit for the next.
Sounds like a movie title.... Houston Texans - The Rise Of Hannah <insert stars wars emoji>

Seems like Cal has to OTJ learning and hopefully trending in the right direction after learning what ovens are hot

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a movie title.... Houston Texans - The Rise Of Hannah

Seems like Cal has to OTJ learning and hopefully trending in the right direction after learning what ovens are hot
It’s a Netflix documentary. Here is the picture promo. She looks more like an owner than Cal poor guy. Well, rich poor guy. I am staying cautiously optimistic that she is a positive influence on the franchise.

vtech9

All Pro
I'd like to agree but it would just be wishful thinkin on my part, and I'm wondering are you sure it's not wishful thinkingr on your part or do you have something to support your comments ?
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm basing it on recent events and things I've heard. When she walked in before the presser started Monday, she seemed to have a smug, I'm in control, look on her face. When Paul Gallant asked Caserio who would have final say in the HC hire, Hannah turned around and jokingly said to Paul, " I can answer that.". After Caserio said that the owners, Cal and Hannah, would make the final decision, she turned back to Paul Gallant, and said "That's what I would have told you." This is coming from Paul Gallant. It's little things like that, that are telling me that she is taking more control.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hannah McNair Making Her Strong Voice Heard May be the Texans’ Last Hope at Finally Getting a Coaching Search Right

The owner’s wife and confidant comes into the team auditorium before either man — and it’s a relaxed entry through the main doors rather than behind the stage entrance both Nick Caserio and Cal McNair use. “I’m your opening act,” Hannah McNair breezily tells the reporters sitting in the seats that come with their own tray tables. She jokes about doing a parade wave.

Later when the 30 minute press conference is done and Caserio and Cal McNair both quickly retreat through that back door, Hannah McNair stays behind and talks to a reporter who asked a pointed question about fan disillusionment for several minutes. A few PR officials look on, perhaps somewhat nervously. Then, Hannah McNair walks over and talks to another small group of reporters.

Full article
I have no idea of the validity of the above article, but the optics are certainly entertaining. :popcorn:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm basing it on recent events and things I've heard. When she walked in before the presser started Monday, she seemed to have a smug, I'm in control, look on her face. When Paul Gallant asked Caserio who would have final say in the HC hire, Hannah turned around and jokingly said to Paul, " I can answer that.". After Caserio said that the owners, Cal and Hannah, would make the final decision, she turned back to Paul Gallant, and said "That's what I would have told you." This is coming from Paul Gallant. It's little things like that, that are telling me that she is taking more control.
Very Interesting !
OK that's something, and I'm actually getting excited about this latest HC hunt by the Texans.
I dunno but this Hannah gal sounds like maybe a real ball-buster ?
OK good stuff there Vtech9 !

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think most of it is speculation based on the thinnest of threads, but I don't blame fans and media for generating the idea.

The Texans are traditionally so secretive that only they really know the power structure, but articles like this one certainly feed that rumor mill:

Hannah McNair Making Her Strong Voice Heard May be the Texans’ Last Hope at Finally Getting a Coaching Search Right

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Tired of seeing Easterby continue to pop up at the top of the forum.

The Rise of Hannah. Is this a feel good romantic comedy between Hannah and the Texans fans? Or the lastest Terminator movie, where Texans fans hopes are burned to the ground by an evil robot?

Guess we'll have to watch. :popcorn:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I think most of it is speculation based on the thinnest of threads, but I don't blame fans and media for generating the idea.

The Texans are traditionally so secretive that only they really know the power structure, but articles like this one certainly feed that rumor mill:

I enjoy a good train wreck and conspiracy.

This has the makings of both.

Label me entertained.

Especially since there is no Watson or OB or Easterby.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Tired of seeing Easterby continue to pop up at the top of the forum.

The Rise of Hannah. Is this a feel good romantic comedy between Hannah and the Texans fans? Or the lastest Terminator movie, where Texans fans hopes are burned to the ground by an evil robot?

Guess we'll have to watch. :popcorn:
Awesome, man! This is already my favorite thread in the forum! Must see T.V.! :tvhorror:

The inherent problem, of course, is if Hannah sucks as the newest member of the Meddling Owner Club, there's no firing her like O'Brien and Easterby. . . :thinking:

But whatever, she turned her back on Towel Boy, so let's project all of our hopes and dreams on this unsuspecting vixen.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I vaguely remember that Cal has his role with the Texans because his brother declined a more active role with the team. Knowing firsthand the experience of losing a parent after an unexpected health issue and the time it takes to grieve, I feel that Easterby and BOB took advantage of a grieving family trying to find themselves while they were adjusting to losing their patriarch.

IMHO. Even though Bob McNair was sick for a few years, Cal didn't really understand the magnitude of being the face of the ownership group and Easterby was more than willing to "serve" and guide him. I think the bad experience with Watson, BOB and Easterby will make Cal a better owner and I'm rooting for him and Hannah.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Was Hanna behind the quick settlement of DW accusers? Perhaps a strong Janice in her 80s sees herself in Hanna being the power behind Cal. A way to strengthen Bob's legacy thru Cal.

BullRushTX

To'oTo'o A'go-go
Good lord, is that why the head coach search this time around looks like it's being done by a competent football team? Dare I be optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Good lord, is that why the head coach search this time around looks like it's being done by a competent football team? Dare I be optimistic for the future of the franchise?
You can. What do you think your odds are? LOL

They do have, at least so far, a much better working list than last time, I'll sure give them that. Let's see what they do with it.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Probably so but I think the decision will come from higher up. The Jack easterby termination is possible indicator of Janice McNair moving to bring her team more in line with the fans call for better seasons.
Easterby , Lovie, Car sterio groveling, Hanna stepping up. Better than decent candidates for first-time since 2002.

All makes me think Janice NcNair is taking control of the reins of this runaway stagecoach just before it goes over cliff.

As with the old cliff hanger westerns of my youth that I couldn't afford to go see either, I am anxiously anticipating news of what happens next..

Meanwhile back at the ranch on Kirby, will we have a hero ride to our rescue? The train whistle is blowing and Little Nell still tied to tracks but now she just might have hope.

Nah, only in the movies.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I suspected Hannah was a strong voice with the Texans before this article came out and said as much. You never see Cal without Hannah. In my mind, Hannah wears the pants in the family. It's clear Cal needs a hand holder. The evidence shows Cal is not a decision-maker or a leader. He needs someone to help him do those chores.

I don't see Hannah as a positive. On the contrary, I see Hannah as another Jack Easterby on steroids.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I suspected Hannah was a strong voice with the Texans before this article came out and said as much. You never see Cal without Hannah. In my mind, Hannah wears the pants in the family. It's clear Cal needs a hand holder. The evidence shows Cal is not a decision-maker or a leader. He needs someone to help him do those chores.

I don't see Hannah as a positive. On the contrary, I see Hannah as another Jack Easterby on steroids.
We will see about this.

She's definitely a spunky little thing. I like her.

Definitely more media savy than Cal. The media won't walk on her like they do Cal.

Mangler

Toro de España
We will see about this.

She's definitely a spunky little thing. I like her.

Definitely more media savy than Cal. The media won't walk on her like they do Cal.
She seems like a straight business, no bs, go getter. She’s obviously active on social media and in tune with the fan base. I hope this runs off on Cal, or she ends up taking over to ensure this corroded ship doesn’t sink.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I vaguely remember that Cal has his role with the Texans because his brother declined a more active role with the team. Knowing firsthand the experience of losing a parent after an unexpected health issue and the time it takes to grieve, I feel that Easterby and BOB took advantage of a grieving family trying to find themselves while they were adjusting to losing their patriarch.

IMHO. Even though Bob McNair was sick for a few years, Cal didn't really understand the magnitude of being the face of the ownership group and Easterby was more than willing to "serve" and guide him. I think the bad experience with Watson, BOB and Easterby will make Cal a better owner and I'm rooting for him and Hannah.
I've never heard this. Cal has been an active executive with the Houston Texans since 2002, always by his father's side at games, front office meetings, and owners meetings.

Hannah did not enter the picture until 2009.

From our own insiders, Easterby helped Cal deal with addiction. That alone can create an emotional bond that can be exploited by someone like Jack.

This stuff about Hannah is fun speculation, but there is literally zero evidence that she's involved with football operations. One of our own insiders has already said the recent article about her is complete BS.

People are projecting what they want onto her and then believing their own delusion. It's fun if we can keep it in that imagination station, but I already know that some will run with it as their new narrative without any supporting evidence. Such is life on the internet.

Texazan

Our HOF 34

Since someone posted it, now
Confirmed Texian NOT Hannah on here.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Easterby , Lovie, Car sterio groveling, Hanna stepping up. Better than decent candidates for first-time since 2002.

All makes me think Janice NcNair is taking control of the reins of this runaway stagecoach just before it goes over cliff.

As with the old cliff hanger westerns of my youth that I couldn't afford to go see either, I am anxiously anticipating news of what happens next..

Meanwhile back at the ranch on Kirby, will we have a hero ride to our rescue? The train whistle is blowing and Little Nell still tied to tracks but now she just might have hope.

Nah, only in the movies.

:coffee:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
That, and she turned her back on Towel Boy when he came skipping up to them before the Browns game.

Not gonna' lie, that was a power move.

"Help us, Obi-Won Hannobi, you're our only hope".
eh, a real power move would’ve been her shuttling Cal away and not letting him even shake his hand. I saw the video, My guess is more is being made of that than there really is too.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
eh, a real power move would’ve been her shuttling Cal away and not letting him even shake his hand. I saw the video, My guess is more is being made of that than there really is too.
I agree. I'm just running with the narrative. It's kinda' silly, but when you're a fan of a team that has only won 11 games in three seasons, you find any/every reason to entertain yourself.

The first I heard of her with regards to the Texans was her being a Karen on social media about fan outrage at a game. She posted some kind of rant then unfriended people. Not really a boss move. lol