Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

Stingley was Lovie's guy.

They may have collaborated but Lovie got his guy. Loudest voice in the room. Caserio relies on his coaches to help make picks.
Lovie met with Sauce three times dude. He really loved that kid. Now think about. And Caserio he will take their input into consideration.

Again it was a collective decision. Not just Lovie.

But was it a "Collectively we gave Lovie the pick he wanted"? I just hate taking players that have major injuries like that in their immediate past. The word "Lisfranc" has not traditionally been a good omen for Texans players and sure, he could have a perfect history of no injuries and pull a Charles Spencer and get wiped out in his first game but man, it just feels like we always have this front office that can't get out of it's own way. Just take the obvious pick once.... Please?

But was it a "Collectively we gave Lovie the pick he wanted"? I just hate taking players that have major injuries like that in their immediate past. The word "Lisfranc" has not traditionally been a good omen for Texans players and sure, he could have a perfect history of no injuries and pull a Charles Spencer and get wiped out in his first game but man, it just feels like we always have this front office that can't get out of it's own way. Just take the obvious pick once.... Please?

This pick is on Nick's (or any GM's) resume. No way he's going to give Lovie full reign on this pick. Lovie may have said he wanted Stingley, but Nick had to sign off on it.

What do you think Lovie knows about Lisfranc?

Back