Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

I think Stingley fits the D and to be fair Nick and Lovie have a great track record of drafting DBs throughout their careers, but I am more concerned that they ignored our need in both trenches. I think OL is a glaring need. I hope someone good is there in a few picks
The drat isn’t over. What if the next two picks are OL?

Picking a guard at 13 & 37 makes a lot more sense for the Texans than taking a tackle at 3.

Stupid pick. Even if he lives up to the hype it’s a stupid pick in the moment given what is known.

You don’t take big unnecessary risks at #3 unless said player is a generational talent and the jury is out on Stingley on that count.

Is he 2019 Stingley and fully healthy with a long career ahead of him free of foot issues? That’s basically what Nick is banking on. If he is, Nick will come out of this smelling like a rose and we have a lockdown corner.

If this a more talented, more hyped Kevin Johnson II who can’t stay healthy while sauce is balling out with the Jets he should be fired, point blank.

it’s very ballsy, but ballsy isn’t always best.

I think they see Stingley has a bigger upside in terms of becoming a true shut down corner and they think Sauce has hit his peak going into becoming a pro.
So much of this is projection.
Maybe, but he also might have the lowest floor of anyone that will be drafted tonight. Shut-down corner or out of the league in three years. I don't think it was wise to gamble the 3rd overall pick on someone like that.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

It's a Lil dated and nearly 50 years old now.

"We're gonna need more beer" seems more appropriate. Fall ol, fall. C'mon.

Back