Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Half Assed Chiefs @ Texans Wildcard Playoffs Gameday Thread

TejasTom

All Pro
The Official Half Assed Chiefs @ Texans Wildcard Playoffs Gameday Thread

ESPN/ABC 3:30 PM CST Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden
texans-vs-chiefs.jpeg

Officiating crew: Ron Torbert is the referee, who is in his 6th season and 2nd as referee. This is the first season he is eligible for a postseason assignment at the referee position.

The Texans enter the 2015 postseason with 23 players having a combined 101 games of playoff experience. NT Vince Wilfork leads the roster with 21 postseason games played, including 19 starts.

The Texans coaching staff has coached and/or played in 82 postseason games. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel has coached in a total of 29 postseason games, including six Super Bowls (five wins). Linebackers Coach Mike Vrabel has played in 20 playoff games, including four Super Bowls (three wins).

The Texans did not allow a point in five consecutive quarters over their Week 15 and 16 contests, which tied a franchise record. Houston also did not allow a touchdown in 12 consecutive quarters from the third quarter of their Week 7 at Miami (10/25) game through the second quarter of the Week 11 vs. New York Jets (11/22) matchup. That streak is the second-longest in franchise history.

The Houston Texans led the NFL in third down defense in 2015, as opponents converted only 28.5 percent (61-of-214) of their opportunities. That percentage is the lowest single-season mark in franchise history by 4.5 percent. It is also the lowest opponent third down percentage by any NFL team since the 2003 Tennessee Titans (27.7%).

Just WIN! Go Texans!

Get ready for Grudenisms
Keep your eyes on a swivel.
Boy, these rules are confusing.
Ultra high-speed slow-mo.
This is J.J. Watt. I don’t know how many Watts are in his energy source.
Don’t listen to me. That’s why I’m out of the profession.
I hate to get too excited about effort, but boy, it’s one of the things that excites me the most.
Look for anything here.
I’ve learned a lot of four and five syllable words from Jaworski. I don’t even know if they’re real words.

Get ready for Grudenisms
I hate to get too excited about effort, but boy, it’s one of the things that excites me the most.
Look for anything here.
I’ve learned a lot of four and five syllable words from Jaworski. I don’t even know if they’re real words.

I could hear his voice while reading this haha. .

Any word on the roof status? Forecast shows 55 degrees at kickoff.

I have to believe it will be shut. It hasn't been open once the entire season because they want as much crowd noise as possible, why start now?

Prediction: Badboy will be extremely emotional during the game. With his friend he has watched Houston football since 1987 and Oilers since 1962. He will yell at the TV, do his famous field goal kick on each score and yell "another Texans' first down" each time. He will boo the referees and then reluctantly agree on most of the replays (cause I am such a fair guy). He will say "man oh man did you see that?" and "you are killing me!" several times during the game. He will be depressed if Texans lose and way too happy if (rather when) they win.

Get ready for Grudenisms
Look for anything here.
That's funny. I hadn't noticed Jaworski using any words which were unfamiliar.

I know I have been very negative this season because of our QB situation; nevertheless, I am going to the game with a positive frame of mind and will be loud and supportive of our Texans. Let's get a W today damn it.

Since KC's starting center is OUT today, Smith who has enjoyed so many sacks this season, should enjoy many more today if Crennel plays it right. An up-the-middle rush is potentially calamitous to QBs such as Peyton and Brady..........but for a shorter QB like Smith who can't see that well over tall D to begin with, it is potentially devastating. Of course, the Texans can't ignore an RB rushing around the edge, where historically we've been poor.

Playoffs. Didn't seem possible earlier this year. Glad to be here. I'm picking the Texans and Steelers for todays wins.

You know, I'm glad Clowney is not playing. When he's not on the field Merci tears it up. Until they put Clowney's hand in the dirt he can pout all he wants to at Mallett's house.

I am no Hoyer fan, but I am really pulling for this guy to lead us to victory today. I hope he steps up this pos season and forces us to sign him long term.

I am no Hoyer fan, but I am really pulling for this guy to lead us to victory today. I hope he steps up this pos season and forces us to sign him long term.

That would be bitter sweet, cause I don't want Hoyer here next season, BUT I want to win the SB.....

A couple things I don't want to say today like everybody was saying after the first half of Week 1's game when the Chiefs came to our house and beat us: Andy Reid out-coached Bill O'Brien and who the heck is covering tight end Travis Kelce? 6 receptions, 106 yards and 2 TDs, two of his big catches there wasn't a defender within 10+ yards. In the second half we held him to only one catch and he was a non-factor. The rookie Kevin Johnson also put a good hit on him early in the third quarter and he walked off the field dazed and slow. Kelce mentally, and physically, checked out for the rest of the game after that big hit. That's the type of hitting we have to do today. The Texans have the hardest-hitting defense in the entire league. Let's make it happen!

The Chiefs dominated us 27-9 at halftime but we came out with a sense of purpose in the second half and held them scoreless. Nearly making a good game of it (lost 27-20) but we won the second half, 11-0.

We can definitely beat the Chiefs especially at home. We just have to play for a full 60 minutes. Our defense stone walled them in that second half back in week 1 after a poor first half.

The Chiefs are missing key players just like we are. Although I hope the Duane Brown loss doesn't hurt us as much as I think it will. We can play through it though. It's a team game.

In terms of two all-pro caliber running backs, it's weird to see these two teams playing and not having Arian Foster and Jamaal Charles being featured. Two teams that did so well despite major losses to the running game this year. Can the winner of today's game go on to win Super Bowl 50 with that type of loss along with a so-so quarterback? No disrespect to Alex Smith but I don't think he's that much better, if at all, than Brian Hoyer.

I'm just tired hearing about how good the Kansas City Chiefs are and their ten wins in a row to end the regular season. None of that matters right now. All the Texans have to do is win today and please leave the varsity jackets at home whether they travel to Denver or Foxborough for the divisional round.

Texans in all blue

Chiefs in all white
Both teams are practically identical. It's going to be a fun game. Everybody in the national media is picking the Kansas City Chiefs to win. That lack of respect the Texans continue to receive, along with being at home, I think it's going to be enough for the Houston Texans to win today. That's assuming both teams bring their A-Game. It will be a lot more like the second half of Week 1's game. Low scoring...

Most everyone have written us off. Time to shock the nation and pull out this win. Texans win 24-17

The crowd is full and are in their seats already. That is amazing!!! I hope we kick and dominate with a three and out

Really? Our special teams is going to come out like that in a playoff game at home? I'd rather kick the ball out of bounds on a kick off. Let them start at their own 40. Than giving up a deflater like that.

Back