Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Half Assed Chiefs @ Texans Wildcard Playoffs Gameday Thread

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Thank God for alcohol. No seriously. At least I can get nice and boozed up today since I did all my weekend stuff already. About the only bright spot so faR.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Brian Hoyer. At least we punted that time.
Sigh, punting is all I can cheer for. I mean really.
Not a third turnover for Hoyer on that drive.

We need some type of spark at the quarterback position.
Of course, we've been saying that forever it seems like.
2002 to 2016. The Houston Texans are still the same franchise.

Matt Schaub was really good, pro bowl caliber, for a few healthy seasons. But other than that we haven't had much more than serviceable journeymen guys at best. Too many of them to count. And of all of those serviceable guys we had I would rank Brian Hoyer towards the bottom of the list. I'd rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick or even Brandon Weeden behind center right about now. Much less the likes of a Case Keenum or T.J. Yates, pre ACL injury.

I don't know if I can stomach anymore of Brian Hoyer.
Unless he starts to play good really soon. Time is running out.

dc_txtech

All Pro
Watt should have blown Smith up on that zone read. Make them ask themselves if they really want to put their QB in that situation again.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I think that Hoyer has been the only Texans QB that has not been able to utilize Hopkins as a real #1..........the first game Hopkins was 1 for 4 yds...........this game......

Bulls on Parade

We need Brian Hoyer to step up and lead us on a Touchdown drive right now. Get this score to 13-7 Chiefs so that we can gain some momentum. All it takes is one good offensive drive to turn the tides with this game.

But if anything other than a Touchdown drive occurs right now, whether it's a punt, turnover or even a field goal, I would bench Hoyer. Because down 13-0 or 13-3, the way he's been playing, those two scores would seem impossible to come back from. But if it's 13-7 it's still his game to win or lose.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I think that Hoyer has been the only Texans QB that has not been able to utilize Hopkins as a real #1..........the first game Hopkins was 1 for 4 yds...........this game......

Sisco96

Waterboy
I was excited to watch the game even knowing chances are we loose. Was hoping for close game, now this circus act for QB.....my head hurts.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Hoyer looks like the Frito Bandito with that mustache of his......................looks like he borrowed it from Manziel........

speedfreek

All Pro
LOL..

kinda going how I figured it would.

Maybe now we'll see McNair take action on the GM front.
(sure would have liked to trade a second rounder for
Sean Payton -- imagine his offense with RAC's D)

Bulls on Parade

At least I don't have to hear about how hoyer is our qb of future anymore
He'll be our starting QB next weekend at Denver or New England. LOL. Watch the Texans score a few Touchdowns and win this game. Our defense will dominate the rest of this game. HAHA!