Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Jacoby Jones Pre-Cut Thread

If he is cut then I could honestly see him showing up anyway like the guy on Office Space. Still asking Bob about his check......:overreact:

I have associated your avatar with it being YOU who usually loves to Rick Roll people.

Change your avatar and I'll slip up and forget.
You have that wrong.

Now mind you, I'm not saying I rickrolled him with that post or anything, but if it was a rickroll, I honestly believe it would be the first time I have done it on this board - or if I did do it once or twice, it was so long ago I have no memory of it.

3obl9p.jpg

The fact that Jacoby is here and Winston is not says volumes about the sheer stupidty of this FO. It's as if Dr. Evil aka Bud Adams, has developed a master plan to take over the division.

I've developed a mind altering program that Smithiak will never see coming. They'll do crazy stuff like releasing Eric Winston and keeping Jacoby Jones. It's brilliant! And then I'll offer Payton Manning One Billion dollars to take down the Texans. Bwaaaa Bwaaaa Bwaaaa.

dr_evil_one_million_dollars_large.jpg

No, should start 3 more threads.

Nearly spit coffee on my iPad...

I guess Jacoby's here until we have a replacement.

I'm still hoping LeStar Jean or Jeff Maehl will replace him.
...or that a miracle occurs and he becomes a quality WR.

hey, I said "miracle"...

The fact that Jacoby is here and Winston is not says volumes about the sheer stupidty of this FO. It's as if Dr. Evil aka Bud Adams, has developed a master plan to take over the division.

Not sure if you heard it mentioned, but Winston failed a physical, which is why he was released (link)

I'm not saying this is the case, but perhaps the Texans are more confident that they can replace offensive linemen than they can their wide receivers. Granted, Jacoby isn't that good, but he's still a body to keep on the roster until a replacement can be found. Hopefully that replacement comes soon and he's a gonner.

Not sure if you heard it mentioned, but Winston failed a physical, which is why he was released (link)

I'm not saying this is the case, but perhaps the Texans are more confident that they can replace offensive linemen than they can their wide receivers. Granted, Jacoby isn't that good, but he's still a body to keep on the roster until a replacement can be found. Hopefully that replacement comes soon and he's a gonner.

Of course he's going to fail a physical. He just had his ankle scoped. It was just an excuse that we used along with the fact he was a cap casualty

You have that wrong.

Now mind you, I'm not saying I rickrolled him with that post or anything, but if it was a rickroll, I honestly believe it would be the first time I have done it on this board - or if I did do it once or twice, it was so long ago I have no memory of it.
I bit on one not ever hearing of it once and I was furious. If I had access to the guy probably would have escalated my butt getting kicked, I was that mad. Can't see how anyone enjoys screwing up another's computer.

Was he released "because" of a physical, or failed an exit physical?

He had surgery on his ankle it February, and expects to be cleared in two weeks... I doubt they gave him a physical then said "oops, cant have that, you're cut..."

From what i understand, after being cut you take a physical, at least that's what Winston hinted to on the radio tuesday (J and R on 610)...

Hou-Tex said it. Man, you need to stop drinking the kool-aid and call a spade a spade. Releasing Winston without having Myers and Briesel as done deals is D-U-M-B. If you can't see that, you are blind. Last yr the FO was brilliant, and if we hadn't lost Mario and especially Schaub I think we had the inside track on the SB.

Now this year is the opposite. Every move they have made so far is totally counter-productive to improving or at least maintaining the product they put on the field last year. And Butt Adams will have the last laugh when Manning owns us twice a year again, meanwhile our idiotic owner goes on talk shows telling us how we will beat him no problem "like we have before". Does McNair have a any clue what our record is against Manning led clubs? It's like this whole ownership and FO lives in another dimension or something.

Just so there are no misconceptions, I do like Jacoby, but I do believe his days are numbered. I saw nothing last year to justify paying him $4.5M dollars this season.

However, He can stay on the roster till the final cut & not cost us a dime. I expect him to be here at least until then.

I like Jacoby, but was baffled by that contract same as you. He's got the potential to live up to it, he had his shot last year, didn't do it. I can't imagine what he can do in practice to make anyone think he will live up to it this season, or what a Lestar Jean or Jeff Mahel, or any other inexperienced WR could do to make us believe they couldn't match Jj's 2011 production.

Hou-Tex said it. Man, you need to stop drinking the kool-aid and call a spade a spade. Releasing Winston without having Myers and Briesel as done deals is D-U-M-B. If you can't see that, you are blind. Last yr the FO was brilliant, and if we hadn't lost Mario and especially Schaub I think we had the inside track on the SB.

Now this year is the opposite. Every move they have made so far is totally counter-productive to improving or at least maintaining the product they put on the field last year. And Butt Adams will have the last laugh when Manning owns us twice a year again, meanwhile our idiotic owner goes on talk shows telling us how we will beat him no problem "like we have before". Does McNair have a any clue what our record is against Manning led clubs? It's like this whole ownership and FO lives in another dimension or something.

Well, on the bright side, the success of 2011 will carry over in season ticket and merchandise sales for years to come!

Of course, the "bright side" depends on what side of aisle you're on... :thinking:

I do not want to be pessimistic at this point, and reserve judgment until we see how they go about their business over the next couple of months. However, you have some good points, and honestly, they are giving us very little to be optimistic about these days. If it wasn't for signing Foster, I'm not sure what good news we'd have right now.

I'm not trying to sit here and say the cut was justified. Maybe the Texans have not been satisfied with his performance (seeing as Robert Mathis always treats him like a revolving door) and have other plans. I don't know for sure. It certainly caught me by surprise, as I have always liked Winston. But for some reason the Texans front office seems hellbent on removing every player from the 2006 draft but Owen and DeMeco (and rumor has had it that even DeMeco might be out).

It's March 15.

Why is this mother****er still on my team?

Has to be cut after June 1. You only get to cut two player prior to June 1, to qualify for some sort of savings for some **** or another, and I think Jacoby is safe until June 1....the draft will have come and gone, and we'll know if we have a good enough WR crew to let him get cut at June 1.

I think he's dead man walking...but the date is set at June 1 or June 2.

That's my theory. We've cut the guys who can get us money and space free'd up for the remaining Texans UFAs we need to sign back up. There'll be more cuts, but it won't be done until the time calls for it. My two cents.

Back