Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even during the 2-14 season Bob Mcnair didn't fire Capers until the season was over. So if the Texans don't make the playoffs... Monday, December 30th would be a good bet.

If we go 8-8 or better, i think he stays and bob give him the opportunity to pick another qb......which is the worst case scenario in my mind....besides keeping the status quo that is...

7-9 or worse and i actually think Bob pulls the trigger..

i think there will be enough of an uproar this time. Seems like 70 percent of people already want some change

I would hope that you were right, but I can assure you that Kubiak will be back for at least one more season. Mcnair loves him like a son, and Mcnair is terrified of change. He hates the thought of new coaches and a new GM which is exactly what he would have to do with Smith as well who is a Kubiak disciple. We are stuck with Kubes.

That I hope Kubiak loses the locker room? To the point that Uncle Bob is forced to make a change, though I realize it wouldn't be until after the season. Worst possible scenario is they do just enough to barely miss, or make the playoffs, enough to consider it a "good season". Don't want any of that. Constantly not having your team ready and getting embarrassed when the lights are bright, I have to think last night would carry some weight in making a move.

Kinda random, but wasn't it Kubiak's idea to only be extended an additional 2 years? Saying something like he's hoping to be worth a lot more (SB winner) by then. I reckon I can give him props for that....unless McNair extends him again lol

Kinda random, but wasn't it Kubiak's idea to only be extended an additional 2 years? Saying something like he's hoping to be worth a lot more (SB winner) by then. I reckon I can give him props for that....unless McNair extends him again lol

McNair did it for David Carr in a similar scenario.

I would hope that you were right, but I can assure you that Kubiak will be back for at least one more season. Mcnair loves him like a son, and Mcnair is terrified of change. He hates the thought of new coaches and a new GM which is exactly what he would have to do with Smith as well who is a Kubiak disciple. We are stuck with Kubes.

QFT. I would be shocked if Kubiak is gone next year.

Besides, our ox is not stuck in the ditch right now. They just need to "look at the tape" to fix it according to the beleaguered head coach.

I disagree completely (about Rick Smith). I'd let Kubiak go and keep Smith. He's been a pretty good GM and I'd like to see how he fared without being tied at the hip to Gary.

I bet he gets better without Kubiak.

I disagree completely (about Rick Smith). I'd let Kubiak go and keep Smith. He's been a pretty good GM and I'd like to see how he fared without being tied at the hip to Gary.

Smith would be gone too I refuse to think he would just fire Kubiak alone he is the type to make another black guy to scapegoat along with him lol

Besides, our ox is not stuck in the ditch right now. They just need to "look at the tape" to fix it according to the beleaguered head coach.

Teams have figured out what Kubiak and Schaub are doing . Kinda like a Little League baseball game where the coach tells the pitcher to throw two fastballs and a change up , every time . The coach is dismayed and says , " it's like they know it's coming " .

He's right, you know. The problem jumps out at 99.999999% of everyone watching the tape.

I'd be good with that. Let Smith pick the Coach instead of having a backwards system of the Coach being the GM's boss. There is no accountability in such an arrangement.

Exactly my thoughts

Thing is many of us ordinary Joe's saw the problem from a mile away and wanted to fix it in the offseason. Whether it was changing up the offense, changing QB's - whatever.

I remember Kubes saying after the year that they were going to be really critical of themselves and spend an awful lot of time self scouting to correct the problems that happened later in the year. And we bought it hook line and sinker.

Anyone see any significant difference between this years offense and last?

Rick Smith has done a great job IMO. He cleaned up the roster and added tons of talent. He's gone out and signed good free agents. He's drafted well. He extended Foster, Brown, and Cushing.

Really the only wrong thing he's done is extend Schaub and I think he was forced into that.

I just heard them called nutless & noodlearm on the radio.

I think it's going to catch on.

i always appreciated josh innes. he always tells it like it is and doesnt baby houston athletes not getting it done.

everybody hates him because he tells the truth.

i always supported him because he doesnt have a homer bone in his body unlike the homer hack that is rich lord.

Most teams offense evolves over the years. We stagnate.

Gary is completely married to his offense. We've been running the same virtually identical offense and plays for 8 years now. It CAN work when everything goes perfect. What I don't like is there is no margin for error and it relies on long drives (in general) and if one lugnut falls off a wheel, it's like the whole car burns to the ground.

I would bring in Case, and change things up. I grant you, it's not going to be a whole different offense. You cannot put in a different O mid-season, but you can run some different looks and different plays. You can work to break your tendencies. You can get Case on the move, and run things within the same offense that Matt is simply not capable of. You can test the deep middle of the field.

Matt has clearly regressed. It's to the point that I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather have Carr under center (the Carr from when he played here) than MS because at least Carr had a cannon and some mobility although I grant you he had zero pocket awareness and his own issues with decision making.

*sigh*

Most teams offense evolves over the years. We stagnate.

Its been obvious to me for weeks now. Teams are manipulating kubiak's offense....as Seth Payne said today, defenses are showing Matt exactly what he wants to see..according to what the offense tells him he needs to look for....they are effectively baiting him and the offense into throwing where they want him to throw b/c the offense is so controlled.

It works b/c i think they know Matt and the offense cant audible out of plays or are extremely limited in what they can do....basically they're dictating to the offense not the other way around.

People focus on the throw....but AJ ran the route to go with that throw....meaning he read the same thing out there that Matt did.....

kub_zps188c0e00.jpg

That was crappy play calling when we had first and goal at the one. No excuse for not punching it in there.

I thought Case did great, and did plenty to earn a start in two weeks.

I do believe this season is over, though. We need a new coach.

Can't get it in 1st and goal on the 1. Still after 8 years can't mange the clock. Knows defense will bring blitz does nothing to defuse it. Kubiak needs to go.

There are a lot of things wrong with the Texans right now, and Kubiak is just one of them. There'll be no playoffs this year. I'm already prepared to be horribly pissed off when Kubiak is still our head coach next year.

So I'm just gonna relax, not expect a whole lot, and hope Keenum continues to play. If they trot out Schaub or Yates later on I'll probably just turn the sound off and nap.

kubiak should be fired and fired now. The season is over and there is no reason to keep him around just to "finish strong" in december and change mcnair's mind.

Did y'all see the end of the first half with something like 50 seconds left and 2 time outs? Kubiak looked like he wanted to run the clock out. First down, out comes the run for a good gain. No time out called. Second play is a run. No time out called after a good gain. Suddenly, the Texans have a change to get in field goal range, but Kubiak called his usual testicle-free end of half conservative bullsheet and we ran out of time to give Keenum a chance to move the ball a little more to get into FG range.

The Texans mistakenly played some good offense and foiled Gary's plan to run the clock out.

FIRE KUBIAK. His non-aggressive p*ssy playcalling is costing this team. We HAD a chance to get into field goal range if he just let the team go for something other than his safe playcalling.

I'm actively hating him now. Frack that guy. FRACK HIM.

Did y'all see the end of the first half with something like 50 seconds left and 2 time outs? Kubiak looked like he wanted to run the clock out. First down, out comes the run for a good gain. No time out called. Second play is a run. No time out called after a good gain. Suddenly, the Texans have a change to get in field goal range, but Kubiak called his usual testicle-free end of half conservative bullsheet and we ran out of time to give Keenum a chance to move the ball a little more to get into FG range.

The Texans mistakenly played some good offense and foiled Gary's plan to run the clock out.

FIRE KUBIAK. His non-aggressive p*ssy playcalling is costing this team. We HAD a chance to get into field goal range if he just let the team go for something other than his safe playcalling.

MSR, someone give Jen some more rep for me..

That sequence and the 3rd and 21 play is when I really yelled at the TV. Kubiak thinks he's coaching in the 1970's. You need to get as many points as you can in the current NFL. There's no more 10-7 games anymore.

Must disagree with you totally.
Smith has made some nice little moves but he has missed on the big ones.

1. MS extension
2. Ed Reed signing over Quinn
3. Keeping Mario that last year.
4. GK is still here
5. Cap management

What has he done that makes him a good GM.

I'm not piling on here but I've been on show Smubiak the door train since 2010.

1. David Shaw
2. Jimbo Fisher
3. Darrell Bevell
4. Dan Quinn
5. Sean McDermott

That is all!

conservative play not to lose mentality was in full display. What i dont understand is if you are gonna kill the clock why end up passing during the end of that drive?

You should have gone for it. Its like he changed his mind mid stream. Ridiculous play calling before the half.

He handled the clock perfectly in that situation. Given the game situation, etc... he did what all good NFL coaches would have done. There are issues with Kubiak, for sure, but he manages those situations well... They almost scored, either getting the tipped TD or getting into FG range... How much criticism would he have gotten if they had left 40 seconds on the clock and given up a KC field goal or TD before half? Or, put an inexperienced QB in a position to turn it over and give up points right before half in an otherwise manageable game

He handled the clock perfectly in that situation. Given the game situation, etc... he did what all good NFL coaches would have done. There are issues with Kubiak, for sure, but he manages those situations well... They almost scored, either getting the tipped TD or getting into FG range... How much criticism would he have gotten if they had left 40 seconds on the clock and given up a KC field goal or TD before half? Or, put an inexperienced QB in a position to turn it over and give up points right before half in an otherwise manageable game

I'm sorry but you can't just roll over on offense with a minute to go before the half and your down, and your team is on a 4 game losing streak and you were supposed to be a SB contender. If the team was 4-2 instead of 2-4 then maybe. But kubiak is as spineless as a jellyfish. Can't wait to get rid of this bum.

Couldn't put that creative thread title through the search engine to see if maybe we might already have a "Fire Kubaik" thread. A one sentence first post. You work pretty hard creating this thread yeah?

for one third down I would ONCEEE !!! like to see a two tight end and RB protection set hell a extra lineman and just run the ball and see what happens LOL

There are some lazy motherf'kers here that don't want to take the time to look up the "All Encompassing Fire Kubiak" (oh excuse me..Kubaik) thread.

And if you're just waiting for a moderator to dig it up for you, that's even more pathetic.

:loser

Must disagree with you totally.
Smith has made some nice little moves but he has missed on the big ones.

1. MS extension
2. Ed Reed signing over Quinn
3. Keeping Mario that last year.
4. GK is still here
5. Cap management

What has he done that makes him a good GM.

He didn't pay Schaub $100M dollars. He didn't pay Barwin $5M/yr. He didn't pay $5M/yr for Briesel, or Quin, or Casey. He didn't franchise Dunta a 2nd time. He didn't let Winston stay & steal our money (he wouldn't have played any better than Newton).

Some good, some bad. At least he's not Casserly. We'd have signed Reed for 6 years $60M, probably would have kicked a 5th round pick to Baltimore for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back