Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the other thread, I wonder why Texans fans aren't calling for Andy Reid. That would definitely seem like something they'd wish for.

As I said in the other thread, I wonder why Texans fans aren't calling for Andy Reid. That would definitely seem like something they'd wish for.

Heh.

I actually wonder how they would feel. Most people here just seem to want to fire someone just to fire them and prove some point. Whose replacing Kubiak? If it's not a guy who has won a superbowl already then no thanks.

You serious?? Someone steal your account?? Are you willing to agree now that Kubiak has never been the coach that you've believed him to be all these years??

Not trying to be an ass, but I'm shocked.

Lol, i wanted to see what he'd look like with a competent defense behind him.....which he now has...and the results as of late tell me that he's not going to be much better.

Why is he still throwing fly routes up to slow as Lestar Jean...

Why are teams still having a field day blitzing us through the A gap after 7 weeks..

Why is our playcalling so predictable...

Why does he continue to trot shayne graham out there for 50 yarders when he knows that this guy is about as reliable from there as the right side of the o-line

Why why why..

Lol, i wanted to see what he'd look like with a competent defense behind him.....which he now has...and the results as of late tell me that he's not going to be much better.

Why is he still throwing fly routes up to slow as Lestar Jean...

Why are teams still having a field day blitzing us through the A gap after 7 weeks..

Why is our playcalling so predictable...

Why does he continue to trot shayne graham out there for 50 yarders when he knows that this guy is about as reliable from there as the right side of the o-line

Why why why..

Problem is that I don't see Kubes going anywhere for at least two years and that's assuming that the Texans have disappointing seasons. I think it would take at least two more for Bob to find someone new.

My worst fear now is that all blame goes on schaub and Bob feels that Gary needs to necessary time to find a young new QB where he latches on all these extra seasons so Gary can acclimate them.

My worst fear now is that all blame goes on schaub and Bob feels that Gary needs to necessary time to find a young new QB where he latches on all these extra seasons so Gary can acclimate them.
Well, the Texans do need a young new QB. I don't know about "necessary time"? The QBs coming into the league now are plug and play.

Problem is that I don't see Kubes going anywhere for at least two years and that's assuming that the Texans have disappointing seasons. I think it would take at least two more for Bob to find someone new.

Yep......schaub does deserve some of the blame...but this collapse is more on kubiak than anyone else imo....

We've just dropped the ball too many times in big games and in too many areas for him not to be held accountable...

kubes, marciano, and MS need a one way ticket out of Houston. Would be nice if bob mcnair would sell the team to an owner that wants to actually win and not just turn a profit...........

They are owed a good amount of money.

Sure glad we gave them those extensions. Kubes probably gets a mandatory 2 year extension for getting 2 more regular season wins. Teams can't have confidence in a coach with only 3 years left on his contract he'd practically be a lame duck!

Sure glad we gave them those extensions. Kubes probably gets a mandatory 2 year extension for getting 2 more regular season wins. Teams can't have confidence in a coach with only 3 years left on his contract he'd practically be a lame duck!

Blame the owner for that one and at the same time McNair could can the whole coaching staff, but he won't.

I'm disappointed and annoyed as well

Coaching is evidently a problem because the whole team is unprepared and out played, coached and out executed.

If we did fire Kubiak... Who would fill his spot and do better?

Honestly the way the team is right now... Prolly better to stick with Kubiak.

Unless there is a younger guy who is willing too gamble and be more of a modern coach unlike Kubiak who is more old fashioned and tranditional.

I do wish we had Chip Kelly and a QB like RG3, Luck, Wilson, or Newton. But...

Outside of Chip Kelly... That's all I can think of.

Bob McNair won't fire Kubiak. Just accept it. He's going to be here for another 2 years at the very least. I would've given Bruce Arians a look because of the job he did with the Colts this year.

Andy Reid is one of the worst gameday coaches of all-time. Yes, worse than Kubiak. He's notorious for it.

Sorry, but facts and history proves you to be completely wrong.

Reid may have some things that can be criticized I'll admit, but he's been to 3 straight NFC championships and a SB and barely lost to the dynasty Patriots.

Him and Kubiak aren't even comparable by any stretch. Reid is light years better.

Reid may have some things that can be criticized I'll admit, but he's been to 3 straight NFC championships and a SB and barely lost to the dynasty Patriots.

Him and Kubiak aren't even comparable by any stretch. Reid is light years better.

umm reid made a bad decision at qb, remind you of anyone? reid won as much as kubiak, nothing

Have you seen this guys record? I am not advocating hiring the guy, but rest assured that he will be a head coach next year if he wants to be.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReidAn0.htm

That record is mostly when he had mcnabb at qb and johnson at d-coordinator....both of whom were elites at their respective jobs for a time

As soon as those guys left..(R.I.P. jim johnson)...andy reid looked like crap....and was fired...the mere fact that he tried to pass off his o-line coach as a d-coordinator should be enough to disqualify him all together

Kind of like you are one of the worst gameday posters. You are notorious for it.

Exactly!

Indeed he's been to many NFC Championship Games. But talk to Eagles fans. They'll explain how much of a disaster Andy Reid is on gameday. His game management is beyond atrocious. They're dancing in the streets today that he's been fired.

Andy Reid is one of the worst gameday coaches of all-time. Yes, worse than Kubiak. He's notorious for it.

I'm not sure how you can say that. I wouldn't want to get rid of Kubiak unless we had a "sure fire" better option. If we lose in the first round and Reid was available I would consider that as an upgrade.

Bob McNair won't fire Kubiak. Just accept it. He's going to be here for another 2 years at the very least. I would've given Bruce Arians a look because of the job he did with the Colts this year.

I could see him getting serious consideration for a head coaching spot.

This team needs to get it together BEFORE JJ Watt's next contract is up for renewal. It's a couple of years away, but, it's hanging over this team like the sword of Damocles.

Bob McNair is going to toss open the bank vault for JJ Watt, and the coaches are going to have to adjust with the cap space, etc. This is going to make the next two drafts - and coaching - CRUCIAL.

The truth is, a lot of our talented players will have to go to make room for JJ.

Exactly!

Indeed he's been to many NFC Championship Games. But talk to Eagles fans. They'll explain how much of a disaster Andy Reid is on gameday. His game management is beyond atrocious. They're dancing in the streets today that he's been fired.

tbh eagles fans are ungrateful pieces of **** who won't like anyone that doesn't get them that championship they desperately want.

I'm not sure how you can say that. I wouldn't want to get rid of Kubiak unless we had a "sure fire" better option. If we lose in the first round and Reid was available I would consider that as an upgrade.

I'm not sure about upgrade. Side-grade at best. Going by the past few years Kubiak has been the better HC if you ask me.

That Eagles team was supposed to be the 'Dream Team' and more than a few folks thought that. On paper they are supposed to be a team competing for HFA but in reality they are far far from that and have been under performing.

I'm all for getting rid of Kubiak if you can bring in a proven coach that has won championship/s sure.

I could see him getting serious consideration for a head coaching spot.

The sad thing is we are a good team with some problems and not a bad teams with really big problems. I feel like our offensive woes are mainly due to how inflexible we are on offense and that falls squarely on Kubiak's shoulders. Having a QB who's clearly on the downslide of his career doesn't help either. If Kubiak has any intelligence he has to realize that his offense needs tweaking to make it more fast. He needs put players into better positions to make plays for us. Right now it's AJ and that's it. If AJ is not making plays we would be a terrible passing offense. Unfortunately, I think Kubiak is too hard headed to make any sort of change and he's probably afraid of making any changes at this point.

Well okay then. It's no wonder why you think Andy Reid is an upgrade, then.

Or maybe I know some Eagles fans? Does not matter, we just finished with a 12 and 4 record. That's the best record for a Houston pro team since I was born. Kubiak will be here and it's hard to argue with his recent success. The end of this season has left a bad taste in everybody's mouth. I'm feed up with it and I have more patience than most of you guys.

You serious?? Someone steal your account?? Are you willing to agree now that Kubiak has never been the coach that you've believed him to be all these years??

Well, who did we think he could be?

I think he was probably the best coach we could have hoped for, for this organization, when we got him. We had Bob McNair & all he knew about football was what Dan Reeves & Charlie Casserly was telling him.

This organization was a joke when he got here & now, it is what McNair set out to create. I think mostly because of Gary Kubiak. Can he win a Super Bowl? I don't know.

But, do you think Tom Coughlin can win a Super Bowl?

I know most people will say, "You can't compare Coughlin to Kubiak, Coughlin has won two Super Bowls & Kubiak has won nothing."

But my point, is that guy is the same guy he was before he won two Super Bowls. There is no question about it, that guy has a Super Bowl caliber team. But he couldn't get that Super Bowl team into the play offs in 2012. If you believe in being flat, or un-motivated, or un-inspired..... they got whupped in 2 of his last three. They got shut out three weeks ago.

If that guy can win two Super Bowls, I haven't seen anything to make me believe Gary Kubiak can't.

I'm back!

FIRE KUBIAK!

I'm sure he'll be back next year, but I just had to dredge this thread up anyway.

Don't know if I want to join the club or not. Two straight trips to the second round of the playoff's but no realistic chance at a superbowl vs the crapshoot of getting a new head coach? Whats worse is that before the end of this season I thought we might of been real close to a superbowl last year but even if we would of got past the Ravens, Belichick would of used our coaching staff the same way he did this year. Hard to ever win a Superbowl when there is a certain type of team that you have no chance of beating. Have to go through the playoff's without facing the Packers, Saints or Patriots.

I'm back!

FIRE KUBIAK!

I'm sure he'll be back next year, but I just had to dredge this thread up anyway.

Justifiable venting and b!tching can be had in the All-Incompassing Dump Matt Schaub thread.

Kubiak didn't do a bad job today. Had them within 4 at the half - should have been tied if Casey could catch.

I'm afraid this loss is on Schaub.

Justifiable venting and b!tching can be had in the All-Incompassing Dump Matt Schaub thread.

Kubiak didn't do a bad job today. Had them within 4 at the half - should have been tied if Casey could catch.

I'm afraid this loss is on Schaub.
And this last month is on who? This monumental collapse is all on Sloth Schaubs shoulders?

Don't know if I want to join the club or not. Two straight trips to the second round of the playoff's but no realistic chance at a superbowl vs the crapshoot of getting a new head coach? Whats worse is that before the end of this season I thought we might of been real close to a superbowl last year but even if we would of got past the Ravens, Belichick would of used our coaching staff the same way he did this year. Hard to ever win a Superbowl when there is a certain type of team that you have no chance of beating. Have to go through the playoff's without facing the Packers, Saints or Patriots.

Pretty much.

The idea to hire some college coach is silly. You pretty much risk it all then.

If you want to get rid of Kubiak then bring in a proven coach that has won it before.

i think one of the lesser teams would go after him.

schaub isn't a great qb but there would be some interest especially since he doesn't come with a high price tag.

Given his age and the fact that he's not once played big time in a meaningful game i think you might be surprised.

I think more likely would be a team with an already established qb that needs a good back up.

If I'm a young team and I'm starting fresh why would I bring schaub in? Teams are drafting young qb's these days and playing them early...I don't want to stifle the process of finding a true franchise qb by putting schaub out there whom I don't think is good enough to take me to my ultimate goal and therefore isn't a long term solution.

I think an established team with a good qb already in place would be a good spot for schaub. If the starter went down schaub could come in and baby sit the offense and do some good things.

But I need more playmaking ability from a starting qb in today's NFL.

Given his age and the fact that he's not once played big time in a meaningful game i think you might be surprised.

I think more likely would be a team with an already established qb that needs a good back up.

If I'm a young team and I'm starting fresh why would I bring schaub in? Teams are drafting young qb's these days and playing them early...I don't want to stifle the process of finding a true franchise qb by putting schaub out there whom I don't think is good enough to take me to my ultimate goal and therefore isn't a long term solution.

I think an established team with a good qb already in place would be a good spot for schaub. If the starter went down schaub could come in and baby sit the offense and do some good things.

But I need more playmaking ability from a starting qb in today's NFL.

you would be surprised.

raiders went with a washed up carson palmer.

2x pro bowler
pro bowl mvp
lead the league in passing yards

we forget how desperate teams are.

use schaub as a place holder while you build the rest of your team.

you would be surprised.

raiders went with a washed up carson palmer.

2x pro bowler
pro bowl mvp
lead the league in passing yards

we forget how desperate teams are.

use schaub as a place holder while you build the rest of your team.

Not going to happen and a completely ridiculous comparison.

First off, Palmer has tools schaub doesn't. Palmer was a #1 overall. As much as you might want to believe otherwise teams probably felt like Palmer had more upside than schaub. They felt he could be a true franchise qb with a change of scenery. They felt like Palmer coulb be their franchise player.

LoL @ trading all those picks for a placeholder at qb.

No one is trading that haul for schaub because like I said (and you seem to agree with) he'd be a ace holder.

And lastly, the raiders had just been burned on a young qb they took at the top if the draft.

Their situation was completely different and what we gave with schaub is not remotely close.

No one is looking at schaub and thinking...I think there's something I can work with there...I want him to qb my team to a superbowl....no one but us at least...

I would be fine with Kubiak getting the boot, but the question is, what are the options here? The last thing we need is McNair making a spur-of-the-moment decision and firing him without a better option to replace him with. As far as Shaub goes, he's average. Never going to win the super bowl, but will consistently get you in the playoffs. What are the chances we trade for Alex Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back