Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The all encompassing DW4 good plays thread

Also, feel free to debate which good plays were really someone else's good plays and Watson was just bailed out/got lucky.

Here ya go. Add to it as you see fit.

Awesome post. If this video shows any rational fan anything.....Watson would be an absolute handful if he had a OL, running game, better receivers, and a better 60 minute OC. Before the nayers scream, "but anyone"....look at how the Chiefs and Reid built their offense around Mahomes.

Now I'd be the first one to jump on the nayers bandwagon if Watson was given what Mahomes has been given and he fails to move the needle. Until then, my blame for this shiteshow remains squarely on the shoulders of the GM and HC.

To be quite honest....I'm giving the same pass to the OL since I think the talent is there. Between the piss-poor coaching and offensive scheme.....they've been asked to scale a mountain that just isn't climbable.

Watson was at his best here when they ran quick plays as well as utilized his feet.

How many times have I made that exact statement ?!

IF you want 2 TE sets with Watson under center and using play action, take a look at some of these plays to Fuller.

Email this to OB and Kelly.

More please.

Remind me what I said would be a staple of the offense I'd build around Watson ?

Retarded thread simply b/c there’s really only 1 guy who is pretty much out on DW4. no one else ever said Watson doesn’t make good plays or that he can’t read a defense or anything like that except Steelb...and we know how he thinks..

Jesus Christ is it really that hard for y’all to reconcile that DW4 has a hole in his game?

Retarded thread simply b/c there’s really only 1 guy who is pretty much out on DW4. no one else ever said Watson doesn’t make good plays or that he can’t read a defense or anything like that except Steelb...and we know how he thinks..

Jesus Christ is it really that hard for y’all to reconcile that DW4 has a hole in his game?

It’s not a retard thread. Be a team player verse a buzz killer.

Last edited:

Nope. It's simply a thread to enjoy the fun aspects of the team's only play-maker.

I'm fairly certain that most fans agree there's holes in his game. Unfortunately, it feels like that's all we talk about sometimes.

So why not have one place to go to just enjoy being a football fan and appreciate the talents he does have? I see no harm in it.

You know there's a simple solution if you don't like a specific thread's subject. . . :fingergun:

I was watching a video the other day where after a td, obrien goes on to give Watson a hard time because he ran the wrong play. Chances are obrien wanted them to run it up the middle..

Even if the result is a td, obrien is a jerk to his qb if he deviates from his master design. How dare a lowly qb change the play coming from such a superior position as hc, gm, and heir apparent.

If you want to hear Watson tell O'Brien why he is holding ball, listen at the :39 mark. Watch O'Brien's reaction. Also, noticed that Sean Ryan was always sitting on the bench with Watson. Where is the QB coach on game day?

I thought this was supposed to be a positive DW4 thread and not just another excuse making thread.

I was watching a video the other day where after a td, obrien goes on to give Watson a hard time because he ran the wrong play. Chances are obrien wanted them to run it up the middle..

Even if the result is a td, obrien is a jerk to his qb if he deviates from his master design. How dare a lowly qb change the play coming from such a superior position as hc, gm, and heir apparent.

LMAO. I remember that. It was from his rookie year. He came to the sidelines and O'Brien wanted to tell him what he did wrong on a TD.

Mahomes just missed a wide open Kelce coming across the middle. Steel would want him released

Nah , when it’s a player he wants or wanted, he would come up with all type of excuses.

Example: dude loved the moves OB did for the offensive line last season. He kept trying to convince everyone on here that they improved tremendously. They were still in the bottom five overall. Lol and look at them now, by far the worst offensive line in the NFL again.

Mahomes just missed a wide open Kelce coming across the middle. Steel would want him released
Nah , when it’s a player he wants or wanted, he would come up with all type of excuses.

Example: dude loved the moves OB did for the offensive line last season. He kept trying to convince everyone on here that they improved tremendously. They were still in the bottom five overall. Lol and look at them now, by far the worst offensive line in the NFL again.
Did you see the other poor choice and throw that should’ve been picked off?
Why didn’t he take the open check down?

Which has what to do with good plays made by Watson? Or should the thread title be changed to 'the all encompassing bash SteelB thread?

I saw a practice video of the Texans running this route in practice. Although I'm not a fan of throwing deep routes into Cover 2, you have to appreciate the touch, accuracy and anticipation on this pass.

Absolutely, great touch & accuracy.

But that's not double coverage. Especially not when DW4 threw the ball. Safety was out of position, couldn't get to it in time.

I saw a practice video of the Texans running this route in practice. Although I'm not a fan of throwing deep routes into Cover 2, you have to appreciate the touch, accuracy and anticipation on this pass.

The safety got over there late. Watson looked him off, buying enough time to drop that in the bread basket. Thing of beauty indeed

Back