Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texian's 2022 Texans Mock Draft

I do believe you're a victim of a draft week smear here.

Yes, Wyatt was arrested 2 years ago for a misdemeanor, criminal trespass. The police report stated, "neither party indicated they were in fear of their safety."
Georgia DL Devonte Wyatt arrested on misdemeanor charge of criminal trespass (espn.com)

In 2016 the NFL said anyone convicted of domestic violence would be barred from the Combine. Yet you and me, and everyone else know that DeVonte Wyatt was NOT CONVICTED because DeVonte was at the Combine turning the Combine into the DeVonte Wyatt Show. Players with domestic violence convictions barred from combine (nfl.com)

Do you think Jack may be the one behind this public smear of Wyatt wanting to make sure Lovie will be able to draft him at #13?

You may want to council with Jack to talk about your jumping to conclusions and falling for nasty pranks. :)

honestly, you give Jack more credit than he deserves
:texans:

It's DRAFT WEEK

Some early thoughts: I'm going to stick with Lovie's first thought of, "the way you build your team is you start with the DL and the OL. I could not agree more. I harken back to Vince Lombardi simple explanation of how you win; Football is Blocking and Tackling, if you're the best at blocking and tackling you will win, If you're not, you won't. Blocking and Tackling starts in the trenches.

So my 1 week before the draft mock, I don't see a lot of changes. Unless of course there are trades involved. Stay focused Lovie and stick to your plan. 2022 is the Year of the Trenches. 2023 you still have (2) 1st RD picks, so make 2023 the Year of the DB and the Skilled Players. 2024 there is still (2) more 1st RD picks, 2024 is truly The Year of BPA and for the first time adding and improving depth. I see so many here trying to address everything in the draft this week.

#3 - Charles Cross
#13 - Jordan Davis, 13B - Devonte Wyatt
#37 - George Pickens, B/Skyy Moore C/ Arnold Ebikitie D/ Logan Hall
#68 - Zeus White B/Tyler Allgeier C/James Cook
#80 - Cale Strange, OG/C
#107 - Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB
#108 - Jeremy Ruckert, TE
I like it. One question though. Is 68 high for Allgeir? All the mocks I have seen show him being there at 80. I guess my question is, if White is gone do you still draft Allgeier at 68 or wait until 80?

It's DRAFT WEEK

Some early thoughts: I'm going to stick with Lovie's first thought of, "the way you build your team is you start with the DL and the OL. I could not agree more. I harken back to Vince Lombardi simple explanation of how you win; Football is Blocking and Tackling, if you're the best at blocking and tackling you will win, If you're not, you won't. Blocking and Tackling starts in the trenches.

So my 1 week before the draft mock, I don't see a lot of changes. Unless of course there are trades involved. Stay focused Lovie and stick to your plan. 2022 is the Year of the Trenches. 2023 you still have (2) 1st RD picks, so make 2023 the Year of the DB and the Skilled Players. 2024 there is still (2) more 1st RD picks, 2024 is truly The Year of BPA and for the first time adding and improving depth. I see so many here trying to address everything in the draft this week.

#3 - Charles Cross
#13 - Jordan Davis, 13B - Devonte Wyatt
#37 - George Pickens, B/Skyy Moore C/ Arnold Ebikitie D/ Logan Hall
#68 - Zeus White B/Tyler Allgeier C/James Cook
#80 - Cale Strange, OG/C
#108 - Jeremy Ruckert, TE
My FINAL MOCK according to PFF Mock Simulator:

1651173715918.png

I'm seeing 4 or 5 maybe 6 in the 1st RD.
T. Walker - #1 overall, I guess
Davis - #14 -#20
Wyatt - 2nd round
Dean - Should go 1st, likely 2nd
Pickett - 2nd
Cine - Can't find a spot in the 1st, so 2nd.
Q. Walker - 2nd/3rd
Tindall - 3rd
Salyer - 3rd
Cook - 2nd-3rd
White - 3rd - 4th

Two tonight. Maybe 9 tomorrow night? Add in Jermaine Johnson (top 15 pick) who transferred and Adam Anderson ( was going in 1st) who is going to jail. A tremendous amount of talent at one school not named Alabama. And two more high 1sts (Ringo and Carter) coming next year. A factory.

T. Walker - #1 overall, I guess
Davis - #14 -#20
Wyatt - 2nd round
Dean - Should go 1st, likely 2nd
Pickett - 2nd
Cine - Can't find a spot in the 1st, so 2nd.
Q. Walker - 2nd/3rd
Tindall - 3rd
Salyer - 3rd
Cook - 2nd-3rd
White - 3rd - 4th

Two tonight. Maybe 9 tomorrow night? Add in Jermaine Johnson (top 15 pick) who transferred and Adam Anderson ( was going in 1st) who is going to jail. A tremendous amount of talent at one school not named Alabama. And two more high 1sts (Ringo and Carter) coming next year. A factory.

My actual realtime live draft: (without any Caserby silliness)
#3 - Charles Cross, LT
#15 - DeVonte Wyatt, DT
#37 - George Pickens, WR
#68 - Zamir White, RB
#80 - Matt Corral, QB

Last edited:
My RD 2 Draft Board. - NO need to trade up.

#37A - Nakobe Dean, LB
#37B - George Pickens, WR
#37C - Skyy Moore, WR
#37D - Arnold Ebitkitie, Edge
#37E - Logan Hall, Edge
#37F - Travis Jones, DT
#37G - David Ojabo, Edge

Last edited:
My RD 3 Draft Board.

#68A - Zamir Zeus White
#68B - James Cook
#68C - Tyler Allgeier

#80A - Max Muma, LB
#80B - Kerby Joseph, S
#80C - Alex Wright, Edge
#80D - Cam Jurgens, C
#80E - Danny Gray, WR
subject to change

Updated LIVE Texian draft: (No Casereby crapola)

#3 - Charles Cross, LT
#15 - DeVonte Wyatt, DT
#37 - George Pickens, WR
#68 - Zamir White, RB
#80 - Matt Corral, QB (Joe Montana was a 3rd RD pick #82)

Last edited:

#3 - Charles Cross, LT
#15 - DeVonte Wyatt, DT
#37 - George Pickens, WR
#68 - Zamir White, RB
#108 - Zach Tom, OG
#124 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#162 - Zachary Thomas, OT
#166 - Damone Clark, LB
#170 - Jamaree Salyer, OG
#205 - Quentin Lake, S
#207 - Chance Campbell, LB

#108 - Zach Tom, OG
#124 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#162 - Zachary Thomas, OT
#166 - Damone Clark, LB
#170 - Jamaree Salyer, OG
#205 - Quentin Lake, S
#207 - Chance Campbell, LB

I like this better than Lovie's draft.

I like this better than Lovie's draft.
Meh, more is not always better.
He waited too long to address the secondary and I prefer the Green pick. I also prefer Pierce and Pitre picks. Stingley is boom or bust but the potential is there for a HoFer.
I do like the Pickens and Salyer picks tho.

Lovie and Pep got anxious and developed a bad case of FOMO and traded away too many middle round picks. That's where you could find the real meat and potatoes of this draft.

Run on WR position obviously influenced their mind set, however no one should dispute targeting their top receiver on board after taking Petri, Menchie will be a high volume slot receiver and instrumental weapon for Mills. Lovie both 2nd rd. selections.
:koolaid:

Lovie and Pep got anxious and developed a bad case of FOMO and traded away too many middle round picks. That's where you could find the real meat and potatoes of this draft.

For the record I still think they did a great job if they hit on Stingley and a good job if they don't.

Run on WR position obviously influenced their mind set, however no one should dispute targeting their top receiver on board after taking Petri, Menchie will be a high volume slot receiver and instrumental weapon for Mills. Lovie both 2nd rd. selections.
:koolaid:
Well I took Pickens at #37, mainly because the folks at Georgia were comparing Pickens to AJ Green, who BTW was drafted ahead of Julio Jones. And Pickens looked pretty damn good in Georgia's Championship run and is good to go right now.

Well I took Pickens at #37, mainly because the folks at Georgia were comparing Pickens to AJ Green, who BTW was drafted ahead of Julio Jones. And Pickens looked pretty damn good in Georgia's Championship run and is good to go right now.

Pickens would be another great fit. More vertical threat, both great hands but if you notice he started last run of top end WR’s in this class, so if Metchie was their guy, kudos for making it happen….

#44 Metchie
#52 Pickens
#53 Pierce (was my pick w/o trade up)
#54 Sky Moore

For the record I still think they did a great job if they hit on Stingley and a good job if they don't.
Case and point about Lovie having an itchy trigger finger and a bad case of FOMO are that had Lovie sat tight he could have had Nakobe Dean at #80 (who I like better, the real leader of that Georgia D) instead of trading up for Harris, who by looks of it would've been there at #80.

#3 - Charles Cross, LT
#15 - DeVonte Wyatt, DT
#37 - George Pickens, WR
#68 - Zamir White, RB
"Pickens is every bit of the star he was at OTAs and mini camp. The second-round rookie shouldn't have made it to pick 52. The other 32 teams who passed on him are going to regret it, as he'll be one of the best wideouts in the NFL for years to come.
Whether it's winning contested catches against guys like Ahkello Witherspoon, or finding the opening in the zone, Pickens does it all."

George Pickens Impressing Early in his First NFL Training Camp (msn.com)

"Pickens is every bit of the star he was at OTAs and mini camp. The second-round rookie shouldn't have made it to pick 52. The other 32 teams who passed on him are going to regret it, as he'll be one of the best wideouts in the NFL for years to come.
Whether it's winning contested catches against guys like Ahkello Witherspoon, or finding the opening in the zone, Pickens does it all."

Pickens had a nice grab in the corner of the end zone. I wanted a big fast guy like him.

At +850, Pickens has the highest odds of winning Offensive Rookie of the Year, per BetMGM. Right behind him (+900) is Steelers quarterback Kenny Pickett.

Anyone picking someone other than Dameon Pierce for OROY are just throwing away their money.

Agree….Pierce will get the touches to put up some nice numbers on an offense that will feature the running game as a priority.

Look up the 2008 Bears and see how Lovie rode rookie RB Matt Forte. Over 1700 yards of offense. Pep Hamilton was on that staff.

Sure would like to add another young horse to the stable in next years draft. Auburn’s Tank Bigsby would be my choice in RD3. I believe he could be an excellent compliment back to Pierce. We’ll see how his 2022 season goes.

Back