Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texian's 2022 Texans Mock Draft

Texian

Hall of Fame
THIS IS THE YEAR TEXANS FIND THE PLAYERS TO BECOME A TOP 3 DEFENSE.

#3 - Travon Walker, DE
#13 - Jordan Davis, DT or DeVonte Wyatt, DT
#37 - Skyy Moore, WR
(#44 - A what if - Browns 2nd RD - Arnold Ebiketic, Edge)
#68 - Kerby Joseph, S
#80 - Quay Walker, LB
#108 - Zamir White, RB
TRADE: #183 and #205 to move to #167
#167 - Justin Schaffer, G
#208 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#246 - Doug Kramer, C

This is the deepest DL draft in decades, so you capitalize. You may never see a chance like this again. Consider it like this, this is the 1983 QB draft but it is DL instead and you have 7 position you can fill not 1.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE BEFORE THE DRAFT

Last edited:
Georgia Bulldogs 1a and 1b. There is your cultural change.
Love Sky Moore, just a baller. See so much of Steve Smith Sr. 5-9 195 in Sky 5-10 195.
Joseph is a decent safety, not really a ballhawk but did manage 5 int’s, good size, like more speed.
Quay is a steal overshadowed by Dean and there is that Dawg culture again.
Zamir, boy your going all in with your culture. White is a power back not much in receiving game, might want to switch up with Cook?
Schaffer is a plodder. Big, wide but limited.
Kolar has nice size. good developmental TE but wouldn’t expect much for a couple years.
Kramer pretty average, late round guy, throw him in the mix. Would be searching for speed/returner. Special teams.

Overall pretty solid. You hit on the really important picks
:wesmantexanfan:

Georgia Bulldogs 1a and 1b. There is your cultural change.
Love Sky Moore, just a baller. See so much of Steve Smith Sr. 5-9 195 in Sky 5-10 195.
Joseph is a decent safety, not really a ballhawk but did manage 5 int’s, good size, like more speed.
Quay is a steal overshadowed by Dean and there is that Dawg culture again.
Zamir, boy your going all in with your culture. White is a power back not much in receiving game, might want to switch up with Cook?
Schaffer is a plodder. Big, wide but limited.
Kolar has nice size. good developmental TE but wouldn’t expect much for a couple years.
Kramer pretty average, late round guy, throw him in the mix. Would be searching for speed/returner. Special teams.

Overall pretty solid. You hit on the really important picks
:wesmantexanfan:
We share the Steve Smith comparison. I like Cook too but thought he was gone by #108 and I liked Quay better at #80. I see Quay as a BIG fast Willie McGinest type. Texans have a BIG void at RB so I thought Zamir a BIG upgrade. I also thought Zamir fit in well with Lovie's comments, "We are going to run the ball".

Last edited:
Skyy Moore
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
5 ft 9+5⁄8 in
(1.77 m)
195 lb
(88 kg)
31 in
(0.79 m)
10+1⁄4 in
(0.26 m)
4.41 s4.32 s7.13 s34.5 in
(0.88 m)
10 ft 5 in
(3.18 m
Skyy 10-yard spit reported to be 1.38.

Vs

Steve Smith
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
5 ft 9 in
(1.75 m)
184 lb
(83 kg)
31+1⁄2 in
(0.80 m)
9+1⁄4 in
(0.23 m)
4.41 s1.51 s2.51 s4.25 s7.44 s38.5 in
(0.98 m)
10 ft 1 in
(3.07 m

***************************************************************************************************************************

Quay Walker
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dashVertical jumpBroad jump
6 ft 3+3⁄4 in
(1.92 m)
241 lb
(109 kg)
32+5⁄8 in
(0.83 m)
9+1⁄4 in
(0.23 m)
4.52 s32.0 in
(0.81 m)
10 ft 2 in
(3.10 m)
VS

Willie McGinest
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 4+1⁄2 in
(1.94 m)
255 lb
(116 kg)
34+3⁄8 in
(0.87 m)
10+1⁄8 in
(0.26 m)
4.68 s1.59 s2.74 s4.19 s34.5 in
(0.88 m)
10 ft 6 in
(3.20 m)
22 reps

Last edited:
Wow lot of guys on this Board are in love with Travon Walker !
I've said it else where but he's the contemporary Mike Mamula, JDC plus in terms of measurables and Combine performance,
but check out this production in college @ GA again:
College career
As a true freshman at Georgia in 2019, Walker played in 12 games and had 15 tackles 2.5 sacks.[5] As a sophomore in 2020, he played in nine games with 13 tackles, one sack and one interception.[6][7] Walker became a starter at defensive tackle his junior year in 2021.
A starter only his last year and yikes I see zippo for sack stats ?
Well we will see next month just how much Lovie & Caserio love him.

I've said it else where but he's the contemporary Mike Mamula, JDC plus in terms of measurables and Combine performance,
College career
As a true freshman at Georgia in 2019, Walker played in 12 games and had 15 tackles 2.5 sacks.[5] As a sophomore in 2020, he played in nine games with 13 tackles, one sack and one interception.[6][7] Walker became a starter at defensive tackle his junior year in 2021.
He might turn out to be worth a high pick but I would prefer to see some runs on the board - has just as much potential to be average without the proof.
I would rather take a prospect like this in the second round. I know this won't sit well with some in here, but better to be safe than sorry.
Has boom or bust written all over him.

College career

I don't think Quay Walker will be there at #3-80.

Trayvon Walker wasn't put in a position to get a bunch of sacks. Adam Anderson and Nolan Smith got alot of sacks because of the work Trayvon did. They got 1 on 1's outside.

Travon Walker
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
6 ft 5 in
(1.96 m)
272 lb
(123 kg)
35+1⁄2 in
(0.90 m)
10+3⁄4 in
(0.27 m)
4.51 s4.32 s6.89 s35.5 in
(0.90 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
VS

JJ Watt

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench pressWonderlic
6 ft 5+3⁄8 in
(1.97 m)
290 lb
(132 kg)
34 in
(0.86 m)
11+1⁄8 in
(0.28 m)
4.84 s1.64 s2.71 s4.21 s6.88 s37 in
(0.94 m)
10 ft 0 in
(3.05 m)
34 reps31[19]
I can understand why some are not enamored with Walker stats and production. In their last college year, Walker had 6 sacks and JJ had 7 sacks. This is still twice as many as Clowney in his last college year. If you dive a little deeper, you will find that both Watt and Walker played in 3-4 Defense and played a 3 technique DE. This is not conducive to producing eye popping stats. To the contrary. If you dive even deeper and watch multiple game videos you will often see Walker lined up as the NT on passing downs. Another BIG reason that would have negative effects on sacks and pressures. Georgia also had Walker dropping into coverage and with good success.

Walker will be a better professional than he was a college player. He will be a 4-3 5 technique DE. Walker will line up primarily as a 5 technique outside of the OT. Unlike college were lined up between the OG and OT. DC will be able to move Walker around the DL and as a 7 technique because of his athleticism. Because of his speed Walker can also drop into coverage and cover TE and backs coming out of the backfield. I would not be surprised to see the Jags or the Lions thinking the same thing. That would suck.

Texans fans did not like JJ Watt when he was first drafted. So I Get it. I understand.

Last edited:
Zamir White is a BIG strong, powerful, fast running back. White runs with his pads low, keeps his legs churning, is twitchy and can move the pile. In Lovie's, we are going to run the ball, White is ideal to get it started. I like James Cook very much but I opted to go with a RB who can pound the ball all day long. If you're going to run the ball you need a back like Zamir White.

ZAMIR WHITE
5 ft 11+3⁄4 in
(1.82 m)
214 lb
(97 kg)
31+1⁄2 in
(0.80 m)
8+1⁄2 in
(0.22 m)
4.40 s33.5 in
(0.85 m)
10 ft 8 in
(3.25 m)

(6) Zamir White: FULL HIGHLIGHTS for 2021 season | CBS Sports HQ - YouTube

Last edited:
I don't think Quay Walker will be there at #3-80.

Trayvon Walker wasn't put in a position to get a bunch of sacks. Adam Anderson and Nolan Smith got alot of sacks because of the work Trayvon did. They got 1 on 1's outside.
You're probably right. I fretted about this and will eventually put Quay ahead of Kerby. What pushed me to put Kerby at #68 was knowing he was one of Lovie's boys. TBH I'm sure Quay makes it to #68. We needed the browns 2nd pick #44 to really make it happen.

Walker will get those one on ones in the pros.

Last edited:
Jordan Davis
6 ft 6+3⁄8 in
(1.99 m)
341 lb
(155 kg)
34 in
(0.86 m)
10+3⁄4 in
(0.27 m)
4.78 s32.0 in
(0.81 m)
10 ft 3 in
(3.12 m)
(6) Why Jordan Davis Doesn't JUST Use Power To Win - YouTube

This guy is faster than JJ Watt while weighing 50 more lbs. He can chase down Patrick Mahomes.

DeVonte Wyatt
6 ft 2+7⁄8 in
(1.90 m)
304 lb
(138 kg)
32+5⁄8 in
(0.83 m)
9+7⁄8 in
(0.25 m)
4.77 s29.0 in
(0.74 m)
9 ft 3 in
(2.82 m)
(6) 2022 Draft Prospects || Devonte Wyatt || DL || UGA - YouTube

Last edited:
College career
2021: Started at DT in all 15 games thus far...finished with 37 total tackles, second among interior linemen...had 6.0 QB sacks, 7.5 tackles for loss, and a team-high 36 QB hurries...has also logged more playing time than any other DL (56 percent of total defensive snaps)...finished with a then-career-best four tackles, including a QB sack for a 9-yard loss in Georgia’s win over #3 Clemson...also credited with two QB hurries in the Clemson game...four tackles in win at Auburn...had a QB sack (-6 yards) and a career-best five QB hurries in the Auburn game...named one of three team captains for the Kentucky and Missouri games...Pre-season third-team All-SEC, as voted by the league’s 14 head coaches, as well as by attendees at SEC Media Days.
The OP said in his thread that Walker had 6 sacks in his last year in college which I was skeptical of because Walkers WIKI page did not confirm that claim, but after looking further at his college info he did in fact have 6 sacks his last year in school so that is encouraging because initially I thought his production was terrible but his U of GA page documents better production
but if that's enough to make him worthy of the #3 overall we will have to wait to see what Lovie & Nick do in Vegas next month.

2021: Started at DT in all 15 games thus far...finished with 37 total tackles, second among interior linemen...had 6.0 QB sacks, 7.5 tackles for loss, and a team-high 36 QB hurries...has also logged more playing time than any other DL (56 percent of total defensive snaps)...finished with a then-career-best four tackles, including a QB sack for a 9-yard loss in Georgia’s win over #3 Clemson...also credited with two QB hurries in the Clemson game...four tackles in win at Auburn...had a QB sack (-6 yards) and a career-best five QB hurries in the Auburn game...named one of three team captains for the Kentucky and Missouri games...Pre-season third-team All-SEC, as voted by the league’s 14 head coaches, as well as by attendees at SEC Media Days.
The OP said in his thread that Walker had 6 sacks in his last year in college which I was skeptical of because Walkers WIKI page did not confirm that claim, but after looking further at his college info he did in fact have 6 sacks his last year in school so that is encouraging because initially I thought his production was terrible but his U of GA page documents better production
but if that's enough to make him worthy of the #3 overall we will have to wait to see what Lovie & Nick do in Vegas next month.

What I got out of this post is that he lead the team in QB hurries in addition to the 6 sacks. I think he's worth the #3 pick.

What I got out of this post is that he lead the team in QB hurries in addition to the 6 sacks. I think he's worth the #3 pick.
I feel that The Sauce is worth the 3rd but have to disagree with taking a risk with Walker. If he's there at 13, then okay.
My choices in order for #3:-
Ahmed Gardner
Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Derek Stingley
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux
The top 4 are all 3-down players

#3 - Travon Walker, DE
#37 - Skyy Moore, WR
#68 - Kerby Joseph, S
#80 - Quay Walker, LB
#108 - Zamir White, RB
#167 - Justin Schaffer, G
#208 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#246 - Doug Kramer, C

This is the deepest DL draft in decades, so you capitalize. You may never see a chance like this again. Consider it like this, this is the 1983 QB draft but it is DL instead and you have 7 position you can fill not 1.
REVISED with addition of the new 4th RD pick:

#3 - Travon Walker, DE
#37 - Skyy Moore, WR
TRADE: #68 and #107 to move up to #57
#57 - Quay Walker, LB
#80 - Kerby Jospeh, S
#108 - Zamir White, RB
#167 - Matt Araiza, P
#208 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#246 - Doug Kramer, C

This is the deepest DL draft in decades, so you capitalize. You may never see a chance like this again. Consider it like this, this is the 1983 QB draft but it is DL instead and you have 7 position you can fill, not just 1.

Last edited:
REVISED with addition of the new 4th RD pick:

#3 - Travon Walker, DE
#37 - Skyy Moore, WR
TRADE: #68 and #107 to move up to #57
#57 - Quay Walker, LB
#80 - Kerby Jospeh, S
#108 - Zamir White, RB
#167 - Matt Araiza, P
#208 - Charlie Kolar, TE
#246 - Doug Kramer, C

This is the deepest DL draft in decades, so you capitalize. You may never see a chance like this again. Consider it like this, this is the 1983 QB draft but it is DL instead and you have 7 position you can fill, not just 1.

Understand Araiza is special but Texans current punter Cameron Johnston is the bomb.

I feel that The Sauce is worth the 3rd but have to disagree with taking a risk with Walker. If he's there at 13, then okay.
Ahmed Gardner
Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Derek Stingley
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux

Neal is my #1 rated player
Walker
Sauce

You really can't go wrong with any of these guys.

Neal is my #1 rated player
Walker
Sauce

You really can't go wrong with any of these guys.
Ideally, I would love to see us trade out of the #3. Picking at #5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 would make the decision easier, still Garner a solid starter and gain extra picks.
We can really load up with a bunch of new young guys and increase our chances of hitting on keepers.

Because of his speed Walker can also drop into coverage and cover TE and backs coming out of the backfield.
How is his bend? How are his hands? Have you ever seen a swim move, a punch, a rip?

I’m with you, I’m liking his athleticism. But he needs more. Right now I see an advantage attacking the edge, I see an advantage running stunts.

how do you think he’ll do playing against an OT with long arms & quick/smooth feet?

College career
See, thats where I'm at on Walker. I think Thibs is going to be the best dline in this draft. I don't care, but he has talent and production to match plus he's not on a loaded team that the offensive line had to slide protection to someone else.

Just from the film, why do you like walker more than Thibs?

Walker is more athletic has played against top competition and football seems to be alot more important to Walker than Thibodeaux. I wouldn't invest the #3 pick on a guy that's worried about his brand before he's played a down of NFL football.

Since they interviewed Thibs if they were to trade down for him that would tell me the interview went well, so I wouldn't have a problem with the pick.

I will admit I don't trust Pac 12 players.

Walker is more athletic has played against top competition and football seems to be alot more important to Walker than Thibodeaux. I wouldn't invest the #3 pick on a guy that's worried about his brand before he's played a down of NFL football.

Since they interviewed Thibs if they were to trade down for him that would tell me the interview went well, so I wouldn't have a problem with the pick.

I will admit I don't trust Pac 12 players.
Thats fair, but did you take into account that Georgia will have pretty much their entire front 7 drafted in the 1st 2 rds? I'm not knocking your logic, but we've seen Alabama d-line be avg at best in the nfl because of the unit with talent. Walker never had protection turned his way or faced doubles. Who took pressure off Thibs with a bad ankle.

Thats fair, but did you take into account that Georgia will have pretty much their entire front 7 drafted in the 1st 2 rds? I'm not knocking your logic, but we've seen Alabama d-line be avg at best in the nfl because of the unit with talent. Walker never had protection turned his way or faced doubles. Who took pressure off Thibs with a bad ankle.

I get your point.

But Walker was the guy they double teamed in passing situations, plus he played inside during these situations and still lead the team in QB pressures in addition to having 6 sacks. The guys very good and has the athletic ability to become great with the right coaching.

I want to stay at #3 unless the furthest that Caserio moves down to #5. Below that and it becomes a crap shoot. At #5 I think Caserio ends up with 1 of my 2 favorite guys assuming Neal is gone, (Walker/Sauce)

Ahmed Gardner
Evan Neal
Ikem Ekwonu
Derek Stingley
Aiden Hutchinson
Kayvon Thibodeaux

Walker's not a 3 down player?

I've got a different top 5.

1. Neal
2. Walker
3. Sauce
4. Davis
5. Hamilton
Walker didn't see double teams with that dline. Top that off, teams were in 3rd and long because teams couldn't run the ball with Davis and the other guy inside. Thibs was double teamed every pass play and most rushing plays and still outperformed Walker even with a balky ankle.

Walker didn't see double teams with that dline. Top that off, teams were in 3rd and long because teams couldn't run the ball with Davis and the other guy inside. Thibs was double teamed every pass play and most rushing plays and still outperformed Walker even with a balky ankle.

You need to go back and watch some tape.

C'mon, you should know by now I don't make stuff up.
I watched alot of Georgia football this yt and he played DT and got double teamed in passing situations alot

On 3rd downs they pulled Davis and put in a freshman dt that also looks really good. The de's were Smith and Anderson before Anderson got suspended. They almost always got 1 on 1's.

What is it that you like so much about Thibodeaux? He's got speed, but his ability to turn power into speed is only avg, as is his bend. Don't get me wrong though, if he puts in the effort he could be like Frank Clark, if he doesn't I see his floor as Dante Fowler.

I've got a different top 5.

1. Neal
2. Walker
3. Sauce
4. Davis
5. Hamilton
Top 10 (for Texans)*

1. Evan Neal - Franchise LTs don't grow on trees, Stingley #1 but for the medicals
2. Aidan Hutchinson - produces at premium position, leadership is added value
3. Ahmad Gardner - Lovie needs a playmaker in secondary
4. Ikem Ekwonu - questions regarding abilty @ LT, no questions about ability to bust you up
5. Trevor Penning - very good size, skill, and athleticism...but off the charts competitiveness
6. Kayvon Thibodeaux - sometimes you have to bet on greatness and deal with attitude
7. Jermaine Johnson - the more I see him, the more I see the steal of this draft
8. Kyle Hamilton - should be higher, just don't know how Texans would deploy him
9. Devin Lloyd - a LB that can do it all
10. Treylon Burks - will be a goto guy in the league, something the Texans lack

* Should be able to get 2 off this list

I watched alot of Georgia football this yt and he played DT and got double teamed in passing situations alot

On 3rd downs they pulled Davis and put in a freshman dt that also looks really good. The de's were Smith and Anderson before Anderson got suspended. They almost always got 1 on 1's.

What is it that you like so much about Thibodeaux? He's got speed, but his ability to turn power into speed is only avg, as is his bend. Don't get me wrong though, if he puts in the effort he could be like Frank Clark, if he doesn't I see his floor as Dante Fowler.
Nah, Thibs is a top notch speed to power and power to speed DE. He played noth left and right side. He's a very fluid, bendable athlete. You must haven't watched him play. Not only that, he didn't have another guy opposite to take pressure off of him. Walker had 6 guys who did that to him. I mean Davis shut down the run, put teams in 3rd and long consistently and Walker had 6 sacks. 6, thats it. We can agree to disagree, but if I'm spending that high of a pick on a de, he needs to be able to force protection his way and still win and to me thats Thibs.

You need to go back and watch some tape.
I'm with you man.
I'm taking Thibodeaux before Walker every time.
Walker was ranked around #45 a couple months ago while Thibs was #1 or 2.
I ain't falling for the hype. Walker may turn out to be pretty good but my money is on Thib being a probowler before Walker.
Gun to my head between the two - Thibodeaux, no question.

Trench Players I Like

LT- Penning (NI)
RG- Salyer (GA)
RT- Stueber (MI)

DT- Jones (CT)
DE- Hall (UH)
DE- Thomas (SDSU)

Anyone of these guys could turn out to be cornerstone players for the Texans and be as good as any of the top trench players in the draft.

How is his bend? How are his hands? Have you ever seen a swim move, a punch, a rip?

I’m with you, I’m liking his athleticism. But he needs more. Right now I see an advantage attacking the edge, I see an advantage running stunts.

how do you think he’ll do playing against an OT with long arms & quick/smooth feet?
First he has 35 1/2 inch arms, that's in the 99% percentile. So he as no problem keeping OL from engaging him and keeping them at bay. He also has a very powerful punch and very strong hands. You know that when you watched him throw Evan Neal around like a rag doll. On top of that you can see speed to power. You can see this in National Championship game against Evan Neal. At Georgia Walker was not allowed to freestyle. Walker was often responsible for setting the edge and not allowing QB to get outside of the box. This is not conduce to swim moves or spin moves. When you look at Walker's 20 yard shuttle 4.32 and 3 Cone drill 6.89 it suggest he has very good and quick change of direction skills.

Coming out of college JJ Watt was not all that proficient in areas you are asking about. Rip, swim and spin moves can be easily taught and learned. When DeVante Wyatt was turned lose at the Senior Bowl and was able to get away from Georgia controlled system he lit it up. Wyatt was the star of the Senior Bowl. To bad we didn't get a chance to see what Walker could do. Up until now everything we have seen from Walker has been in the highest WOW category.

Last edited:
Back