Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas Showdown! Texans @ Cowboys

Finally coaches moved him from strong to free safety
About time! Pitre doesn't play big enough to play in the tackle box as SS. Had me doubts he could be a good cover guy, but he's showing that ability and he can really lay the wood on smaller receivers and let his A+ instincts for the game take over! Clearly this is where he belongs.

Last edited:
Just another example of Houston coaches playing guys out of position.
In all fairness, Pitre was known for making plays in the box in college and less on his coverage skills. Makes total sense why coaches used him this way to start his career. However, Pitre was getting bounced often in there and was certainly a big part of the horrible run defense we've had all year. Players in the NFL are bigger and stronger than college and I guess it took time to figure out Pitre was overmatched playing at the LOS... Thankfully, looks like he's got great instincts for the ball, hands and cover skills so looks like a long term guy at FS has been found.

Can't fault coaches at all here though. Just took time to find this out.

badboy

Hall of Fame
In all fairness, Pitre was known for making plays in the box in college and less on his coverage skills. Makes total sense why coaches used him this way to start his career. However, Pitre was getting bounced often in there and was certainly a big part of the horrible run defense we've had all year. Players in the NFL are bigger and stronger than college and I guess it took time to figure out Pitre was overmatched playing at the LOS... Thankfully, looks like he's got great instincts for the ball, hands and cover skills so looks like a long term guy at FS has been found.

As with all college football players the coaches just play them where it is best for that team not necessarily what is the best position for the player in the NFL. Petrie should not have been playing in the Box for Baylor either.

As with all college football players the coaches just play them where it is best for that team not necessarily what is the best position for the player in the NFL. Petrie should not have been playing in the Box for Baylor either.
I'm not at all liking this coaching staff. But this seems like a bit of a nitpick. I mean, sometimes it just takes time to find out where a player is best suited to play. At least they got it right. And wasn't Pitre an All-American defensive player at Baylor? I think he was suited just fine there. Just not so much in the NFL, which has been remedied.

Ronan1001

Practice Squad

I think that Pitre will show himself in another way. When I watch him play, it looks to me like he needs to be given more room to play. That's just the way it looks to me.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think that Pitre will show himself in another way. When I watch him play, it looks to me like he needs to be given more room to play. That's just the way it looks to me.
yes he is a free safety who despite his small size brings the boom. It is like wasting a cover corner playing zone..

Lovie figured it out after only 3/4 of season; now that's a defensive guru.

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Unfortunately I will admit I've watched much more Houston Texans football than I should have.
I watched maybe the first three games all season. They’re just so uninspiring that I outright avoided the games and watched mainly Red Zone which can make you feel even worse watching other competent teams and coaches.