Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Until posts are treated equally under the same rules, I don't have any understanding. Nor should I.
You'll have to give me some examples. I'm not on here as much these days because of life, so I don't have my finger on the pulse of things and I have not seen any rules discrepancies by the mod squad in the stuff I have read.

I know there has been a little bit of leeway in a couple of threads in the Non Sports Topics forum, but we can shut them down if they become problematic to the point of creating divisiveness and/or anger among members.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
You'll have to give me some examples. I'm not on here as much these days because of life, so I don't have my finger on the pulse of things and I have not seen any rules discrepancies by the mod squad in the stuff I have read.

I know there has been a little bit of leeway in a couple of threads in the Non Sports Topics forum, but we can shut them down if they become problematic to the point of creating divisiveness and/or anger among members.
I sent you a message.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Until posts are treated equally under the same rules, I don't have any understanding. Nor should I.

I think another issue is that there's more than one mod. Not that that's a problem in itself. But it's tough enough for me to stay consistent. It's even harder for two, three, four mods to look at everything the same way every time.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I think another issue is that there's more than one mod. Not that that's a problem in itself. But it's tough enough for me to stay consistent. It's even harder for two, three, four mods to look at everything the same way every time.
Well, my way of thinking is there is either a NSZ, or there isn't. There is either religious or political talk, or there isn't.

No in-betweens, because that's where and why things happen. "Current event" discussions can skirt the boundaries quickly. And I don't know how you would manage that in any meaningful way other than just monitoring more closely those types of discussions.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I donā€™t think people appreciate the human element and how things are open to interpretation.

Edit - myself included

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Well, my way of thinking is there is either a NSZ, or there isn't. There is either religious or political talk, or there isn't.

No in-betweens, because that's where and why things happen. "Current event" discussions can skirt the boundaries quickly. And I don't know how you would manage that in any meaningful way other than just monitoring more closely those types of discussions.
I think some people get overly upset when their post gets deleted and then lash out and play whataboutisms.

If we follow a strict line of thinking of following the rules then donā€™t ever get off topic in a thread.

It is difficult to ask the mods to pick a choose what rules you want strictly followed and what you donā€™t.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
No it wouldn't, we're not bots. Almost every single thread I've seen gets off topic from time to time. Which doesn't bother me at all. People sweat the small stuff too much.. just have thicker skin and keep it moving. This isn't daycare, we're grown adults.
My big thing is if my post get's deleted, tell me why.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
"Current event"
I don't really care for "current event" talk here either.

I (personally) make exception for the Uvalde & Ukraine threads. Threatened to close the Ukraine thread down when it got started & tried to actively moderate politics out of it.

However, I'm not the only mod here. If any of the other Mods were to lock/delete those threads I wouldn't lose sleep.

So either they agree with me those are discussions worth having that can be had without discussing politics or religion, or they have some other reason.

& for me, it's just like the Covid conversations. We can talk about the virus & all the crap related to it. But once the conversation is politicized, I'll moderate it out.

See what I did there? I mentioned Covid & referenced politicizing. But the conversation is not about politics. If you can't make that distinction, then I'm sorry for you. But the answer to the problem is not to stifle the conversation.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think some people get overly upset when their post gets deleted and then lash out and play whataboutisms.

If we follow a strict line of thinking of following the rules then donā€™t ever get off topic in a thread.

It is difficult to ask the mods to pick a choose what rules you want strictly followed and what you donā€™t.
I know because of one particular mod I won't be giving another dime to this site because of what you posted above and I've contributed throughout the years. Kinda sad in a way it's come to this.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I don't really care for "current event" talk here either.

I (personally) make exception for the Uvalde & Ukraine threads. Threatened to close the Ukraine thread down when it got started & tried to actively moderate politics out of it.

However, I'm not the only mod here. If any of the other Mods were to lock/delete those threads I wouldn't lose sleep.

So either they agree with me those are discussions worth having that can be had without discussing politics or religion, or they have some other reason.

& for me, it's just like the Covid conversations. We can talk about the virus & all the crap related to it. But once the conversation is politicized, I'll moderate it out.

See what I did there? I mentioned Covid & referenced politicizing. But the conversation is not about politics. If you can't make that distinction, then I'm sorry for you. But the answer to the problem is not to stifle the conversation.
A moderator's job is simple, moderate the site according to site rules, making no exceptions for any poster. This isn't being done on a consistent basis on this site.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I know because of one particular mod I won't be giving another dime to this site because of what you posted above and I've contributed throughout the years. Kinda sad in a way it's come to this.
A moderator's job is simple, moderate the site according to site rules, making no exceptions for any poster. This isn't being done on a consistent basis on this site.
Like two peas in a pod.

At the end of the day you have to decide to either accept the natural human element in things and continue to post here, or just pack up your **** and go.

It is what it is. It ainā€™t gonna be perfect, equal or fair anywhere.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Of course you made this post.

Too bad you struggle to make this distinction with other members posts. You must be proud of the fact that you by far delete posts more than any other mod.

Congratulations
We found the mod if anyone is interested.

What?

Oh. No one cares.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
You know what would be cool-

If there was a function to delete posts but not notify or show the post was deleted as long as the user was signed in. The user would see their post still there but everyone else would not.

That way when they typed something, then the post gets deleted, then the user would have to log out to see if their post is still there and why no one commented on the post, and then the user would log back in extra pissed off and complain hysterically about their post being deleted. Shouting from the roof tops about the injustices, and how things arenā€™t equal or fair.

I think that would be cool.

Or the user would never know their post got deleted and go on their way.

I guess the later would be more effective.

badboy

Hall of Fame
From comments that I have read in this thread for years it seems like the same posters are the ones being deleted or occasionally banned. What would really be cool if those people would realize that what they're saying is not going to be allowed and stop pushing the boundaries. It's sort of like a kid throwing a tantrum because he wants what he wants regardless of what he's being told. One of my threads was recently locked because people continued to post political crap in it. I was ridiculed when I tried to redirect people back to the main topic.

" Susie didn't get a ticket when she drove 10 miles over the speed limit but I got a ticket! Therefor ALL cops are evil and should be fired." Sheesh.

We used to play backyard football and the rules were set by whoever brought the football or who lived in the house we played behind. If you didn't like the rules you didn't play.

Dejaview

All Pro
Iā€™ve had tons of posts deletedā€¦even a couple I didnā€™t deserve. this is a MB and nation of complainers. But there is a definite clique here but Iā€™d first have to give a damn before Iā€™d make a big deal out of it. In fact Iā€™m honored if I piss off somebody in the clique and I get whacked.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is why the best option for a mod team to be on the same page is to keep it simple.

I'm still not sure why no politics or religious arguments on a football forum is hard for some folks to comprehend.

We've all read the propaganda from both sides. There is no need to regurgitate it here. And there are countless places to babble that nonsense all over the internet. They're not changing anyone's minds. I would elaborate, but I'll just leave it at that.

August 4 can't get here fast enough! This place needs some football.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'll go back & look at the posts you've reported to try to understand your concern

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I thought it was made clear a few years back when the spin zone was given the death penalty. The owner of this site did not want the politics / etc and was a hair away from pulling the plug.

Since then, the mods have been chaperoning and protecting us from ourselves. It's a fine line allowing posters to say their piece and not jeopardizing this board. I don't envy that task and it's a thankless job.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of latitude they've allowed in the last few months. Folks may still b*tch and complain ,but this site is a helleva lot cleaner and friendlier then it was a couple years back.

Whenever I've had a complaint, I've gotten quick responses and it's been fair (even if I didn't get what I wanted.) I'm sorry to sound like an infomercial, but all in all, I think the board is managed pretty well. Jmo ofcourse.

Keep up the good work fellas.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Like two peas in a pod.

At the end of the day you have to decide to either accept the natural human element in things and continue to post here, or just pack up your **** and go.

It is what it is. It ainā€™t gonna be perfect, equal or fair anywhere.
That's no fun

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Is it fun being banned? You may consider it funny, but is it fun?
Well at least he probably won't be challenging me to a fight like he did last time he banned me. Which was another B's ban. Funny how he's the only mod that's ever banned me in all of my time here. Color me shocked. Yet somehow he's still a mod. Tells you all you really need to know.

LMAO

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Well at least he probably won't be challenging me to a fight like he did last time he banned me. Which was another B's ban. Funny how he's the only mod that's ever banned me in all of my time here. Color me shocked. Yet somehow he's still a mod. Tells you all you really need to know.

LMAO
And you keep pushing

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Perhaps some, hell, all of us, should take a break from here from time to time.

Thereā€™s not a damn thing going on football wise, I guess some of yā€™all are still going on and on about Watson, I donā€™t know because I stopped reading that shit for a while now, and thereā€™s no politics or religion talk allowed. What the **** is there to argue about? Oh wait, the mods. Thereā€™s always the mods to argue about.

Get out of here for a couple of days. You might find you ainā€™t missing shit and might even want to take a couple more days. Donā€™t live your life on a ******* MB.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

LMAO
I wasnā€™t sure you were talking about me, until now. Spreading misinformation. I wasnā€™t challenging you to a fight. You seemed to be ready to throw down. I just gave you my address.

I donā€™t know why the other mods tiptoe around you. None of them have told me Iā€™ve been too heavy handed, or out of line, or inconsistent.

& again, I donā€™t have the power to ban anyone. I can issue warnings. After so many warnings in a period of time, you ban yourself

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Spin spin spin

Like I said you're the only mod that's given me enough points to ban me and you did this once in one afternoon because you disagree with me on Kubiak. I'm moving because you are who you are and aren't going to change, but I just wanted to point out for others the hypocrisy.
I think I agree with you on Kubiak. Good/Great OCā€¦ HC, not so much.

but I just wanted to point out for others the hypocrisy.
I hope they can tell you donā€™t understand the meaning of the word, much less how to spell it

Last edited by a moderator:

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
My advice in coping with deleted or other mod corrections to my posts:

Meh.

If I'm honest, I have the attention span of a goldfish... so yeah... I probably unintentionally went off topic.

I have an odd sense of humor so I probably insulted someones momma.

My mouth and fingers seem to run 10 times faster than my brain cells so, yeah. I probably said something stupid.

As for the rest that the above may not cover.....there is plenty of stupid in this world I see on a daily basis from something on TV to coworkers or the random person on the street.

The beautiful thing about encountering stupid here is I can either have fun and join in on the foolishness (Mocking a certain ex QB for example) or... log out and do something else.

Hypocrisy, favoritism and all the rest is part of the human condition... sometimes it works in our favor, other times it comes down on us.

I can't speak for the mods here but my wife moderated a forum years ago before we got married and it drove her insane cause she legitimately cared about the site, more than the site owners themselves.

I feel bad for anyone that has to read every rambling babbling word I ever type out and post. I kill two times with one post.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
My advice in coping with deleted or other mod corrections to my posts:

Meh.

If I'm honest, I have the attention span of a goldfish... so yeah... I probably unintentionally went off topic.

I have an odd sense of humor so I probably insulted someones momma.

My mouth and fingers seem to run 10 times faster than my brain cells so, yeah. I probably said something stupid.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
From comments that I have read in this thread for years it seems like the same posters are the ones being deleted or occasionally banned. What would really be cool if those people would realize that what they're saying is not going to be allowed and stop pushing the boundaries. It's sort of like a kid throwing a tantrum because he wants what he wants regardless of what he's being told. One of my threads was recently locked because people continued to post political crap in it. I was ridiculed when I tried to redirect people back to the main topic.

" Susie didn't get a ticket when she drove 10 miles over the speed limit but I got a ticket! Therefor ALL cops are evil and should be fired." Sheesh.

We used to play backyard football and the rules were set by whoever brought the football or who lived in the house we played behind. If you didn't like the rules you didn't play.
A whole lot of typing Father Flannigan style.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Iā€™ve had tons of posts deletedā€¦even a couple I didnā€™t deserve. this is a MB and nation of complainers. But there is a definite clique here but Iā€™d first have to give a damn before Iā€™d make a big deal out of it. In fact Iā€™m honored if I piss off somebody in the clique and I get whacked.
Lord knows I'm not in the clique. I didn't fall in line with the former QB was top 5. I paid a price for that and I find it very amuzing that some of my criticism of his own field play carried over to his personal lifestyle. I wasn't Surprised at all by this. Some of the abuse I took when I started up the sexual assault thread wasn't called for, but wasn't surprising.

Of course only one mod has banned me or deleted my posts 10-1..

The easiest way to resolve this is if this mod has an issue with my post and wants to delete it, he could pm another mod for confirmation that my post violated the rules.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If anyone has a problem with forum moderation, please PM me and/or Hookem

Talking shit about the mod squad is not an option, so this is the warning.

If you have a problem or question about forum rules, this is your thread.

But to whine, bitch, complain about a mod? This ain't the place. Hit me up and we'll chat. I'm a reasonable kinda' guy. . .most of the time. :howdy:

p.s. sorry about the language, Badboy. Sometimes situations call for more colorful adjectives.

badboy

Hall of Fame

But to whine, bitch, complain about a mod? This ain't the place. Hit me up and we'll chat. I'm a reasonable kinda' guy. . .most of the time. :howdy:

p.s. sorry about the language, Badboy. Sometimes situations call for more colorful adjectives.
No apology necessary, could not have said it better myself! Seems like a lot of whining going on. If a poster has been warned repeatedly he has only himself to blame.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

Less than 60 days until football starts.

We will get there.

Then a lot of this will go away hopefully.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
LOL.

I think I am the only one who is really laughing.

Other people appear to be bitter.

You seem overly stressed. I know a guy that can recommend a good masseuse for you.
Not stressed at all, bud. Especially over something on a damn MB.

Itā€™s just itā€™s getting hard to have conversations around here anymore because some canā€™t seem to have those conversations without being a condescending ass.

Reactions: JB

Dejaview

All Pro

Thereā€™s not a damn thing going on football wise, I guess some of yā€™all are still going on and on about Watson, I donā€™t know because I stopped reading that shit for a while now, and thereā€™s no politics or religion talk allowed. What the **** is there to argue about? Oh wait, the mods. Thereā€™s always the mods to argue about.

Get out of here for a couple of days. You might find you ainā€™t missing shit and might even want to take a couple more days. Donā€™t live your life on a ******* MB.
Like a moderator?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Like a moderator?
Iā€™ve done it before. Itā€™s a thankless, shitty job I wouldnā€™t recommend for anyone.

Why a place like this (MB in general) continues to be open for business is beyond me. Especially when it requires its own members volunteering to moderate it to at least try and keep it civil. Trust me, it is not worth the headaches. And itā€™s usually just a handful of the same posters always causing all those headaches.

And yeah, I get that even moderators can get a little overzealous at times, but this place ainā€™t nothing compared to some of the power crazed dictators Iā€™ve seen moderate boards.

You want true moderation? Moderate yourselves. Itā€™s really not that hard. But, weā€™re a whole generation into speaking to people anonymously from behind our computer screens and phones with no sense of accountability, so it is what it is.

Personally Iā€™d shut it all down and let everybody just Tweet or IG or find some other outlet that doesnā€™t require the effort it takes at a MB to moderate. I mean, they already had to shut down the NSZ because moderating that just became too much of a pain in the ass.

It really ainā€™t worth it.

Dejaview

All Pro
Iā€™ve done it before. Itā€™s a thankless, shitty job I wouldnā€™t recommend for anyone.

Why a place like this (MB in general) continues to be open for business is beyond me. Especially when it requires its own members volunteering to moderate it to at least try and keep it civil. Trust me, it is not worth the headaches. And itā€™s usually just a handful of the same posters always causing all those headaches.

And yeah, I get that even moderators can get a little overzealous at times, but this place ainā€™t nothing compared to some of the power crazed dictators Iā€™ve seen moderate boards.

You want true moderation? Moderate yourselves. Itā€™s really not that hard. But, weā€™re a whole generation into speaking to people anonymously from behind our computer screens and phones with no sense of accountability, so it is what it is.

Personally Iā€™d shut it all down and let everybody just Tweet or IG or find some other outlet that doesnā€™t require the effort it takes at a MB to moderate. I mean, they already had to shut down the NSZ because moderating that just became too much of a pain in the ass.

It really ainā€™t worth it.
Personally I donā€™t believe this MB is anywhere near out of control. i think the biggest problem is with these never ending threads where the same bs keeps getting repeated over and over and over. Neurotic. Itā€™s easy then to get off topic or to just get careless over what you say Pretty much just out of boredom. Thatā€™s when itā€™s best to just walk away for awhile. But it will start getting more focused soon with TC.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

Shh.. They've been saying that word on ABC (Disney owned) for decades.. You're good šŸ˜‚

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

Speaking of which.. y'all aren't doing it right. You have to change the font color to red šŸ˜