Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
It would be nice knowing why if not who

If you quoted something that got deleted and your post got deleted with it ... You probably wont get a notification. It ends up being multiple PM's for us to deal with .... That's the only time I won't send PM's for a deleted post since the usual suspects have been banished.

I haven't given any warnings or deleted anything at all in a few weeks , I did edit one post and PM the person asking them to keep it clean ... other than that everyone has been playing by the rules for the most part.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
If you quoted something that got deleted and your post got deleted with it ... You probably wont get a notification.
No, I didn't quote anyone. Just tried to help out (maybe unexpectedly).

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Mods are y’all moving every comment that stare off topic? It that’s the case you guys needs to go on every thread and clean up every comment that’s not pertaining to that topic. Or are you guys just picking on one my comments?
@Texansballer74
For the most part, if a thread has managed to stay mostly on topic I try to help it stay on topic.

Some threads, there’s no hope, so I don’t bother.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Why would a user want to use this site when half their posts are deleted? Asking for a friend of course. Why are post deleted for being duplicate when clearly they are not? Is it in the best interest of the board when their is staff is overzealous overreactive and borderline bullying? Why is it a staff member can post a half dozen post off topic on one page on a DW4 thread and then threatens others not to do the same? There are some folks who go a little crazy and can become drunk with power and Texans Talk has 1 of those type of staff members.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You’re free to report any issue you are having through appropriate channels. ie there is a report button on every post.

If the moderators & staff agree with you, I’m sure the one you’re having issues with will be dealt with

Texian

Hall of Fame
You’re free to report any issue you are having through appropriate channels. ie there is a report button on every post.

If the moderators & staff agree with you, I’m sure the one you’re having issues with will be dealt with
It is very hard to use the report button when the posts in question are deleted. If you can reinstate my last three posts you deleted I'll be glad to report them.

Last edited:

Dejaview

All Pro
I was under the impression we weren't supposed to be making political commentary on this board. Has something changed?
Not political. Following the fbi trust angle involving women’s abuse. Come up with your own that comes to mind

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
That obviously depends on your politics. See the COVID journals topic that is filled with alt-right BS, QANNON links, and racist dog whistles. That seems to be okie-dokie.
You see, that's the thing. When you ban political speech on a board, you have to ban all of it, not just some of it. Which isn't what is happening on this board, and it's kinda bullshit the way it's being handled. Either give us back the NSZ, or ban the ******* political stuff like was promised.

The mods had to know this kind of crap was going to happen, and now it is. Glad I'm not a mod. :lol:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I was under the impression we weren't supposed to be making political commentary on this board. Has something changed?
That obviously depends on your politics. See the COVID journals topic that is filled with alt-right BS, QANNON links, and racist dog whistles. That seems to be okie-dokie.
Report it. I don't go into every thread. No political angle is allowed over others from a forum policy perspective.

You see, that's the thing. When you ban political speech on a board, you have to ban all of it, not just some of it. Which isn't what is happening on this board, and it's kinda bullshit the way it's being handled. Either give us back the NSZ, or ban the ******* political stuff like was promised.

The mods had to know this kind of crap was going to happen, and now it is. Glad I'm not a mod. :lol:
Yep, I checked and did not see any reports from Thorn. So you spent more time bitching about a problem that you do nothing to rectify. No disrespect intended, but y'all have to help if you perceive a "bullshit" problem.

And y'all can go to Facebook, Reddit, or any other non-Texans Talk site to jab each other with your political weiners. TT was supposed to be about football until Deshaun Watson made his wiener front and center.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Which is a problem if you have supposedly banned politics.
I will delete any post where politics or religion is the subject.

Calling Easterby a pastor or comparing him to Olsteen does not make a post about religion. Easterby is the subject. Pastor & Olsteen are merely adjectives.

likewise, a post describing something as conservative, or left-wing or mentioning a political candidate by name is not political. If conservative/progressive beliefs or political candidates become the subject of a post, I will delete it.

Gas prices have gone up 60% since the election.
not about politics. It’s about gas prices. I won’t delete it.

Democrats are trying to force you to solar power
political. I will delete.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
You're a mod, it's your job. If you don't consider it your job, then why are you a mod?

Not my job, I'm not a mod.

We'll delete anything we see .... If we don't see it , we can't delete it.

I don't read every post on these forums , particularly those not in the football section.

You've been a mod on other forums , you know how it is .... stop complaining and help.

If you see something outside the rules , just hit the report button and we'll deal with it.

You owe @Max $5.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
We'll delete anything we see .... If we don't see it , we can't delete it.

I don't read every post on these forums , particularly those not in the football section.

You've been a mod on other forums , you know how it is .... stop complaining and help.

If you see something outside the rules , just hit the report button and we'll deal with it.

You owe @Max $5.
I see this as a misunderstanding, and a difference, of what we think a "mod" does. What a mod does on this board is much different than what a mod did on the board where I moderated. On that Star Trek board there were, without exaggeration, about 100 times more posts per day on the board as you have here. Even on your heaviest days you wouldn't have come close to the post count on that Star Trek board. Which means, of course, it was moderated differently. And Trekkies get just as snippy and belittling as anyone here, if not more so. As you can imagine, there were a shitton of mods on the board. We were all assigned a certain section to mod. For instance, on this board I would have been a mod in the Great Fans of the Texans, or Football Talk, or Inside The Loop. And there were lots of us in each section, and all posts were read everyday by the mods looking for ****. It even got divided up between sub forums inside the sections as to what was our responsibility. So, the environment was completely different simply because of the enormous daily post count on the board. Star Trek is an international subject, unlike the Texans, and there were even sub forums and pinned threads just for individual countries.

My mistake here is comparing that board to this one, and you can't do that. But, my point stands is that it is my opinion that it is the responsibility of the mods (as a collective) to read all posts on the board. If that is not the perspective of the mods on this board, then what we have here is a difference of opinion. Which is hardly anything new here. As to me reporting posts, I would if I were being directly attacked or actually seriously trolled. If people are just being assholes, that's your job.

And again, it's a matter of opinion. I like this board, if I didn't I wouldn't spend all this friggin time here.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

I take great offense that you insinuate there is bias in what we do and don't enforce / delete that is political in nature.

We delete everything we see.

I understand its easier to complain in multiple posts over a long period of time than it is to hit that little report button ....

@Double Barrel

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You're a mod, it's your job. If you don't consider it your job, then why are you a mod?
"JOB"? LMAO!!!! It's a purely VOLUNTEER thing, dude. :rolleyes:

Not my job, I'm not a mod.
It's not a job for me, either. I get paid to do my job. This is a hobby.

We could always go with the alternative and just shut this place down. That was the other option.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
"JOB"? LMAO!!!! It's a purely VOLUNTEER thing, dude. :rolleyes:

It's not a job for me, either. I get paid to do my job. This is a hobby.

We could always go with the alternative and just shut this place down. That was the other option.
I would much rather you put a halt to politics and such and keep the board alive than shut it down. Just for the record.

And everything's a job. Cooking your supper is a job. Taking a sh!t is a job. Volunteering to help is a job. Being an asshole is a job, and it's apparently something I do well. LOL

And thanks for volunteering DB, better you than me. :)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I would much rather you put a halt to politics and such and keep the board alive than shut it down. Just for the record.

And everything's a job. Cooking your supper is a job. Taking a sh!t is a job. Volunteering to help is a job. Being an asshole is a job, and it's apparently something I do well. LOL

And thanks for volunteering DB, better you than me. :)
Thanks, man. Sorry for being so snarky. It was a crappy Monday and I should have been nicer about my reply. We cool. :friends:

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Hi buddies I am back. Dunno wut happened 😕 got banned 😢 there was no explaining why but I'm back somehows. My labtop is still internet address banned tho but I can type from my phone. Does anyone know what happen?

Ps still been tracking this Watson stuff. Not looking good 4 him
Did you stroke out and forget what you posted?
Up next with your knock knock.
😂

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Bill Cosby has been accused by 60 women of rape, drug facilitated sexual assault, sexual battery, or other sexual misconduct. There were also two instances of alleged child sexual abuse, both involving girls 15 years of age.

Some people talk about how they thought DW4 was a class act young man and they have a hard time thinking he could do what he is accused of.

Bill Cosby spent years cultivating a wholesome image and yet we see what happened to him. I had a hard time wrapping my mind around believing what he was being accused of. I accept it now because the justice system found him guilty. I do not know that all those women were victims but there was enough evidence of some guilt that he went to jail. I accept the verdict. Just as I will accept whatever verdict comes out in regards to DW4.
FYI.

I'm going to use this post to help some of you understand a basic concept you seem to be struggling with.

This post I have just quoted is not about comedy, Eve though a comedian is being referenced.

The post is relevant to the "Sexual Assault" thread as the subject matter is similar in several key aspects.

If there was a rule on this forum against comedy, this post would not be deleted. Again, the subject of the post is sexual assault & therefore relevant to this thread.

It is not about comedy though a comedian is referenced.

FYI.

I'm going to use this post to help some of you understand a basic concept you seem to be struggling with.

This post I have just quoted is not about comedy, Eve though a comedian is being referenced.

The post is relevant to the "Sexual Assault" thread as the subject matter is similar in several key aspects.

If there was a rule on this forum against comedy, this post would not be deleted. Again, the subject of the post is sexual assault & therefore relevant to this thread.

It is not about comedy though a comedian is referenced.
????

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Sometimes I post here having had to much to drink. I have a multitude of reasons for saying what I do including just illiciting a response. Radio shock jocks sometimes do it just to spark conversations. So do I.

I'm not always 100% behind my posts and occasionally they are rightly deleted by mods. No problem. That's great. However...

When you get an anonymous delete notification by a mod claiming "to much stupid." I can't help but recoil a bit.

Did you delete my post for antagonizing another poster while also antagonizing me? A bit contradictory don't ya think?

If you see fit to do it, cool. Offer up something more then a personal attack.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
When you get an anonymous delete notification by a mod claiming "to much stupid." I can't help but recoil a bit.

Did you delete my post for antagonizing another poster while also antagonizing me?
Maybe he was calling the other guy too much stupid.

If it was me who deleted several posts, it's usually the first one that was the offense & every one after for quoting/responding to the first one.

Was yours the first, or a response to the first?

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Sometimes I post here having had to much to drink. I have a multitude of reasons for saying what I do including just illiciting a response. Radio shock jocks sometimes do it just to spark conversations. So do I.

I'm not always 100% behind my posts and occasionally they are rightly deleted by mods. No problem. That's great. However...

Did you delete my post for antagonizing another poster while also antagonizing me? A bit contradictory don't ya think?

If you see fit to do it, cool. Offer up something more then a personal attack.

Calling you stupid whilst misspelling the word too.
:hankpalm:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
ALL Deshaun Watson chatter needs to be kept in the appropriate threads, please.

We have several options:

Sexual lawsuit thread

Watson trade thread #1

Watson trade thread #2

ALL future chatter in the wrong threads will either be moved or deleted without notice (moderator's choice of action).

He does not play for the Houston Texans and will never play for the Houston Texans again, so please let us have football talk about the team without poisoning the well with more pointless Watson rants.

Thank you,

db :howdy:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
A mod deciding what is going to be the OFFICAIL thread and then moving all other posts there is bullshit and smacks of communism! Makes me livid!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
A mod deciding what is going to be the OFFICAIL thread and then moving all other posts there is bullshit and smacks of communism! Makes me livid!
Wow... honestly couldn't tell you were this upset about it.

All I can say is I try. Can't make everybody happy. But I try

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Wow... honestly couldn't tell you were this upset about it.

All I can say is I try. Can't make everybody happy. But I try
It's not like the OFFICAIL thread was started by one of the many known Astro fans. It was started unnecessarily by a known troll. We had a thread that was working just fine. You could have left it alone