Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I don't think regular members see 'Warnings' when mousing over the avatar - we just see a 'points' label, which I'm assuming is what Powda is expecting to see increment but doesn't.

Another assumption but only the mods are going to see the warning points, the forum member is just notified they have received them.

Unless I am missing something...

View attachment 5268

I'm going to PM you something that will confirm this or not …

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Apparently only mods can see the number of warnings and warning points.

If anyone in the future wants to know their status - PM me and I'll get back to you with that information.

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
Damn, you're pushy
No, not at all. I am sure that Powda understands that what I wrote above was "tongue in cheek" and in the spirit of fun. Powda is a cool poster, has an honorable background that I respect, and I am glad I have the opportunity to participate on TexansTalk with him.

Edit to add: Well, I sure hope that Powda understood that I was just kidding him!

powda

Rooting for Captain Tripps
Kind words @ROO. Thank you.

So my experience being banned may benefit the mods (but likely wont.) I was on my phone at the time and upon hitting refresh my signal seemed to drop. Oddly, I had no trouble getting to any other site...

I found myself laughing (at me) ,and thinking, "yup, they did it."

After 5-10 minutes, I was able to get to something resembling a home page ,but it had a giant white message. The message read (I'm paraphrasing):

"oops. Something happened. You've been banned. Reason: rules violation. Your ban will expire 1-2-20 at 907pm"

I thought it was cool to know why and to actually be told a time the ban would lift. Needless to say, I tried the nsz with the same result. I tried using multiple browsers and even looked for a way to log out so I could view the board as a guest. No such luck. I kept getting the ban notice. I thought about searching for a browser option that would stop me from automatically being logged in with user names and passwords ,but I decided against it. To many sites I use need it.

The next day at work, I tried on a desktop and got the same results. This is a pc I regularly use for surfing this site as well.

When the ban time lifted at 907pm I tried getting on and continued getting the same notice. After roughly 30-45 minutes I was finally able to get back in as I regularly would. I'm not sure if there was just a natural delay or maybe a mod took some action?

2 extra things I noticed that the mods may or may not know:

-I could still see I had alerts and the number increased as they would normally when posters respond to you. I just couldn't get to them. It was kind of a salt in the wound experience. I had 20 alerts and no idea what the hell any of them were for. (I imagined many were at my expense for getting banned.)

-there is still one place while banned that I could get to on this site. The "Terms and Rules" link at the bottom. I found that especially funny...

Anyway, hope that was helpful. Good to be back.

Last edited:

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
No, not at all. I am sure that Powda understands that what I wrote above was "tongue in cheek" and in the spirit of fun. Powda is a cool poster, has an honorable background that I respect, and I am glad I have the opportunity to participate on TexansTalk with him.

Edit to add: Well, I sure hope that Powda understood that I was just kidding him!
I know you were just poking fun. I was just poking fun at your poking fun. I guess I should have included a :kitten: or a :clown:

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
Hey Mods, if you're going to be deleting posts for your arbitrary reasons, own up and send a message so it's not anonymous

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hey Mods, if you're going to be deleting posts for your arbitrary reasons, own up and send a message so it's not anonymous
The ones I deleted I select send notification. If you didn't receive two notifications yesterday I'll ask hookem to investigate

powda

I received them but they were anonymous and a bit vague
Agreed. If I do something stupid I'll own it and if mods see some action is necessary then cool. I even see a message why a mod did whatever they did - trouble is, and I think jb is referring to this, the mod message is anonymous. It would be cool to know who I'm talking to in the event a mod deletes or moves a post.

Reactions: JB

powda

Agreed. If I do something stupid I'll own it and if mods see some action is necessary then cool. I even see a message why a mod did whatever they did - trouble is, and I think jb is referring to this, the mod message is anonymous. It would be cool to know who I'm talking to in the event a mod deletes or moves a post.
Thanks @thunderkyss. Very receptive on this already.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Meatbear & his brother start off as hospital as visiting fans can be. Then we insult them.

& if you made a lot of posts in that "ironic" thread, there was a lot of collateral damage in that one.

& if you don't mind, in your Watson's value thread, follow the rules you posted in the first post & I won't have to delete your posts.

powda

Meatbear & his brother start off as hospital as visiting fans can be. Then we insult them.

& if you made a lot of posts in that "ironic" thread, there was a lot of collateral damage in that one.

& if you don't mind, in your Watson's value thread, follow the rules you posted in the first post & I won't have to delete your posts.
I step over the margins when attacked. These posters are who they are and you know it. They attack others and belittle the site without consequence.

Why?

powda

Ya know, after being here nearly 20 years and countless posts/threads on how to improve the site, I'd hope my loyalty to this site is unquestioned.

I'm not always as "diplomatic" with others as I should be. When I see someone or multiple posters behaving stupidly I take action. Probably it's not my place to do so because I'm no mod. Maybe my response isnt always the best.

But you allow them to be here and let them continue their behavior.

Tell me how that's any better.

MeatBear77

Waterboy
Ya know, after being here nearly 20 years and countless posts/threads on how to improve the site, I'd hope my loyalty to this site is unquestioned.

I'm not always as "diplomatic" with others as I should be. When I see someone or multiple posters behaving stupidly I take action. Probably it's not my place to do so because I'm no mod. Maybe my response isnt always the best.

But you allow them to be here and let them continue their behavior.

Tell me how that's any better.
It was just chips buddy and it was like last decade buddy. If u were me u would just let it go