Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
One of our board members asked me to propose to the moderators that we adopt a rule to... in his own words

I believe there is no restrictions for calling out lies. So I would suppose he wants to ban members who post lies.

I hope I've expressed his thoughts correctly. I hope he'll provide further clarification if needed.

But there it is. He proposes to ban people who lie.
Purposely lie

Thanks

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Idk about all that. Offseason use to be fun. We played games and got to know each other. This ain’t on that level.
Idk what kinda experience you had but the grammar nazi regularly went off tangent and had an ego he could never feed.

powda

Idk about all that. Offseason use to be fun. We played games and got to know each other. This ain’t on that level.
I found his approach to criminal law flawed severely on numerous accounts. He jeopardized anyone who believed him on the matter.

Those were early conversations between him and I and I think it always effected our opinions on everything else.

powda

Dude once told me, if I was in his scope while deer hunting he'd have to think about it since he knew I was a leo.

Not really moderator material if I have a vote.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
One of our board members asked me to propose to the moderators that we adopt a rule to... in his own words

I believe there is no restrictions for calling out lies. So I would suppose he wants to ban members who post lies.

I hope I've expressed his thoughts correctly. I hope he'll provide further clarification if needed.

But there it is. He proposes to ban people who lie.
If we banned people who were lying, there would be hardly anyone left. :laughjump:

PapaL

Loose Screw
It was a cool game like Clue, where we were given roles and tried to figure out who were mafia by asking questions. Those who were mafia killed a citizen once a day and we had to vote on who it was. Something like that.
That’s about what I remember as well. There was a lot of sneakiness and deceit. Was that this board or the original original? We’ve been on here for a long time lol

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That’s about what I remember as well. There was a lot of sneakiness and deceit. Was that this board or the original original? We’ve been on here for a long time lol
It must have been on the original board. There’s a lot of people on that thread that don’t post anymore. :(

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We can't be EVERYWHERE all of the time.

Instead of complaining about forum rules not being applied evenly, why not be part of the solution and use the report function?

The mod squad is not operating with double-standards in spite of some of the perspectives to the contrary. When we see it, we deal with it. If one of us is not sure as an individual, we talk with each other and reach a consensus.

Help us do our jobs quicker. We will get to it eventually, but it'll much quicker if y'all can be of assistance.

RACIAL SLURS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! On any part of the forum, including the hidden zone. Let us know immediately. We are not looking the other way. :howdy:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Been around here quite a while now, and I can not recall any racial slurs, or else I was too dumb to recognize it.

Except: Years back I used the term rag head and cak' called me on it. Haven't used it since (except now).

Lots of insults were thrown around, back and forth, in the NSZ but I can't recall any racial in nature. Not saying it didn't happen though.

Really uncalled for in any form, or place.

:coffee:

powda

Can we institute a policy where the most useless here are voted off the island?

All in favor?

Aye.

powda

What does a normal ban go for? 1 week? 2 weeks? Can I volunteer myself off the island if I get to take somebody with me?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Just an update on the rules.

The NSZ - the hidden politics and religion section has been permanently done away with.

Politics , race and religion are out of bounds here and will be removed without exception.
We don't want nor need the divisiveness those subjects cause .... We'd like to make and keep this a place to escape all that nonsense.

The rest of the rules still stand as they always have - be civil , No personal attacks , insults , name calling , attack the post , not the poster. No Spam , No Adult Content , profanity kept to a minimum.

If you find things that are outside the rules don't quote it , don't respond to it , just hit the report button and we'll deal with it.

Thanks for your cooperation.

powda

Just an update on the rules.

The NSZ - the hidden politics and religion section has been permanently done away with.
Holy cow. Just remember to call this guy in case there are still any skull bits and crumbs still in the back seat.

Good riddance.

powda

I'm not certain this is the place for it but I'll give it a go anyway. If the mods see fit to make it it's own thread, leave it be, or delete it, I trust your judgment.

For nearly 20 years now you've frequented this site. You've bitched and complained and learned and met some friends. And you've done it really because of one man. The God father of this site is @Hookem Horns.

I don't know what the cost is to run a site ,but I suspect most years he's done it out of his own pocket. And to me, that's bs. It's time to contribute.

I honestly don't know of a better resource for Texans information. If you want to use it going forward, it's time to contribute a few dollars.

I'm on board with organizing a deer hunt, a fishing trip, a garage sale, or bidding off my avatar. Whatever. It's time to give back.

Please post below and save this site. It shouldn't be one man's burden.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm not certain this is the place for it but I'll give it a go anyway. If the mods see fit to make it it's own thread, leave it be, or delete it, I trust your judgment.

For nearly 20 years now you've frequented this site. You've bitched and complained and learned and met some friends. And you've done it really because of one man. The God father of this site is @Hookem Horns.

I don't know what the cost is to run a site ,but I suspect most years he's done it out of his own pocket. And to me, that's bs. It's time to contribute.

I honestly don't know of a better resource for Texans information. If you want to use it going forward, it's time to contribute a few dollars.

I'm on board with organizing a deer hunt, a fishing trip, a garage sale, or bidding off my avatar. Whatever. It's time to give back.

I (and quite a few others) donate monthly. Still Hook-em has to fill the majority himself. There is, or was a donate button

badboy

Hall of Fame
Last I heard I thought Kevin said advertising took care of costs? If he is reaching into his own pocket he should say so as I and others would help.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club

His donate link worked for me.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The deliberate baiting of a poster(s) needs to be stopped

It just prolongs the agony for all

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I agree.

It would nice if our members would report these posts, instead of continuing to take the bait & respond in kind.

I'm not saying it's the members fault. But I'm not here most of the time for most of the day & by the time I see some of this, the back & forth has gone so far many posts would be deleted & too much of a mess, imo.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Yep. Just don't take the bait.

Please let us know via report or PM. We are doing our best to be fair and impartial, but we're just regular dudes, too.

Except for Hookem. He's a cyborg. :texansam:

badboy

Hall of Fame
I agree.

It would nice if our members would report these posts, instead of continuing to take the bait & respond in kind.

I'm not saying it's the members fault. But I'm not here most of the time for most of the day & by the time I see some of this, the back & forth has gone so far many posts would be deleted & too much of a mess, imo.
I thought there were 8 or more moderators. I think a natural tendency exist to not tell on someone. TK you are not the only mod that frequently and regularly posts. Suggestion, if a mod is unable to spend significant time reviewing perhaps that person ought not to be one? Also we seem to have posters that often do 'mea culpa' saying they were drunk posting or angry or got caught up in exchanges with others and do so frequently. Isn't that something to look at?
This MB has greatly improved since "new changes". Yet it seems a mod has to remind no personal attack allowed. New comers, I get the need for a warning but it seems the same few regulars are constantly "going at it".

powda

Why not focus on not posting something that breaks well known rules rather than how many point warnings before ban?? :runaway:
My apologies. I did not realize my post might be laying the ground work for something offensive. I hadn't heard anything about it in some time and thought It might be educational for all.