Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Wide Receivers

You're assuming the Texans won't find anyone better on the waiver wire, but:
Exactly. That’s exactly what I said.
Unless Beasley starts at slot,
We’re one of the few teams he’d be a walk-on starter with no “real” competition

I don’t know how confident you are in Caserio’s ability to pick up a guy cut from another team that would produce as well as Beasley did last season. Maybe he can find a couple of solid contributors, but I don’t think it likely he can find specifically a slot WR.

just like those teams who are satisfied with their rosters & opting not to sign Beasley, the Texans seem to be content with their roster.

I’m not saying the Texans should sign Beasley. Probably a dozen reasons they shouldn’t. I don’t really care one way or the other.

But I can absolutely positively say I prefer Cole Beasley over Chris Moore.

You're assuming the Texans won't find anyone better on the waiver wire, but:

Cole Beasley is available to every team in the league. Every team prefers what they have now to Beasley. There will be injuries in camps and preseason games. There will be WRs that don't work out as hoped. But as of today, every team has said "Nah,we're good" to Beasley. Unless Beasley starts at slot, he can't get on the field because he no longer has special teams ability.

I don't know why Moore hasn't gotten an opportunity to start. Moore was very efficient last year in limited chances. 21 receptions in 22 targets. I'm not there for every practice, every film session. It seem like the guy should get a shot. But there may be something I don't know about.
Beasley hasn't signed with another team because he wants more than the vet min and probably a 2 yr deal.

I'm not against giving Moore a chance and he's a really good ST's to boot. But he's not a slot guy. I guess you want to move Cooks to the slot. But that's a waste of his talent. IMHO

Cole Beasley is done in the NFL. NFL doesn't like selfish players...that don't play at Star level. He is not worth having a potential COVID spreader around.
You do know that vaccinated people are currently getting Covid as often as non vaccinated people. That's why the NFL has done away with the bogus COVID protocols, those were all for show anyways. Look at what they did in last years playoffs as an example of what the NFL thinks about Covid. CnD would probably better to speak on this than me. But I'm sure this thread would get locked.

But I can absolutely positively say I prefer Cole Beasley over Chris Moore.
Is it based upon past results, or something else? Beasley is a year older and slower. There's a career curve , and Beasley is absolutely, positively at the bottom of his. As far as Caserio's ability to find talent on the waiver wire is concerned, this seem to be your logic flow:

Caserio may not be about to find talent at the slot position.
Therefore, Caserio should sign Beasley.

But if Caserio can't find talent at slot and signs Beasley, how can we be confident that Beasley would still have talent? He was signed by Caserio.

The question that no one has answered is, why is Beasley unsigned?

I guess you want to move Cooks to the slot. But that's a waste of his talent. IMHO
So? Being in Houston in 2022 is a waste of Cooks' talent. The Texans are going nowhere. Cooks is here to help Mills and help the team develop. If that's best in the slot, so what?

So? Being in Houston in 2022 is a waste of Cooks' talent. The Texans are going nowhere. Cooks is here to help Mills and help the team develop. If that's best in the slot, so what?
If you get a quality slot and Cooks plays outside then you've given Mills the weapons he needs to succeed. Minus a TE that can both block and catch. But that will get fixed in next yrs draft.

I guess 65 catches isn't what you consider a quality slot. But it's better than anything the Texans have had playing in the slot in along time. Maybe since their inception.

If you get a quality slot and Cooks plays outside then you've given Mills the weapons he needs to succeed. Minus a TE that can both block and catch. But that will get fixed in next yrs draft.

I guess 65 catches isn't what you consider a quality slot. But it's better than anything the Texans have had playing in the slot in along time. Maybe since their inception.
Where are you getting 65 catches from?
EF360490-19A3-486E-A682-3AC231742B67.png

Cole Beasley is done in the NFL. NFL doesn't like selfish players...that don't play at Star level. He is not worth having a potential COVID spreader around.
Those who got the Covid shot and the 10 other useless “boosters” are technically the real spreaders, but I’m pretty sure you’re not ready to have that discussion. Off topic I know, but you’re the one who went there.

I am interested in seeing Mills’ former roommate Connor Weddington. Not necessarily at WR but he averaged 27.4 yards per kick return in college and tested well athletically as a UDFA last season (4.47 40, 38.5 vertical, 6.66 3 cone).

Could be competition for Tremon Smith as a KR.

Is it based upon past results, or something else? Beasley is a year older and slower. There's a career curve , and Beasley is absolutely, positively at the bottom of his
Speed isn’t a major part of Beasley’s game. His ability to get open on time & catch aren’t dependent on speed.

As far as Caserio's ability to find talent on the waiver wire is concerned, this seem to be your logic flow:
No, that’s missing the point. I’m sure Caserio can find a couple (that’s what I said) maybe even a few guys who can contribute at some level.

But to specifically find a slot receiver is a tall order. Not based on Caserio’s ability, but because of the nature of the market.

We obviously have differing opinions and you are obviously not a Metchie fan and blatantly biased...so we'll just leave it at that.
Cant wait for him to recover and come back and prove you wrong.
Again, you can't miss something you never had, especially a rookie coming off a knee injury. I wish him a speedy recovery with the apl. From a football point of view, I saw better options especially with Cooks being the moveable piece from the slot and outside. I thought they needed a perimeter wr to push cooks inside and keep him off the press . We will see soon enough

He had 65 catches last year and has been Allen's safety valve for yrs. His production fell a bit in ypc as Allen has grown as a QB. I would like for Mills to have the same opportunity. Do you actually think bringing in a young unproven guy that's been cut from another team is going to help Mills development. BTW, I'm not against waiting until the end of camp to see what vet slot WR might be available before bringing in another guy like they did with Amendola last year. Be it Beasley or somebody else, Scotty Miller comes to mind.

Although waiting doesn't allow for Mills and the new guy to develop the chemistry I would like them to have. Also did you notice how much better the offense seemed to run when Amendola was there for Mills to throw too?
His burst seem to be missing when I watched him last season. You and I disagree on this slot concept. I believe Brandon Cooks plays that role better than anyone they have, Metchie included. Thats why I believe they should've drafted an outside wr. Nonetheless, why not just bring Fuller back or throw away a pick for Brehsard Perriman since they're loaded at wr?

His burst seem to be missing when I watched him last season. You and I disagree on this slot concept. I believe Brandon Cooks plays that role better than anyone they have, Metchie included. Thats why I believe they should've drafted an outside wr. Nonetheless, why not just bring Fuller back or throw away a pick for Brehsard Perriman since they're loaded at wr?
When is the last time any of the guys you listed have caught 85 balls in a season. Disagreement is what keeps this MB interesting.

Who are the young players they’re trying develop for the future?
Conley, Collins and TE Brevin Jordan. We need to know where we stand on them before 2023 draft.

Any over flow should go to our running backs and on the roster older players. We are supposedly a run oriented offense so the passing snaps should be reduced.

His burst seem to be missing when I watched him last season. You and I disagree on this slot concept. I believe Brandon Cooks plays that role better than anyone they have, Metchie included. Thats why I believe they should've drafted an outside wr.
Now, this part I agree with. I think Cooks is our best option at Slot, but he's the #1 right now. If we had a true #1, I'd put Cooks in the Slot with a quickness. There are a few potential #1 WR FA's still available. Odell is still out there, but IMHO, he's a cancer. Emmanuel Sanders is there too, as @Texansballer74 mentioned, but he's 35. So, I think we have to roll with Cooks as the #1.

Unless we bring in Beasley, I think we roll with Davion Davis, Chad Bebe, or Johnnie Johnson in the slot. Maybe next year we'll draft a true #1, and move Cooks to the slot. Who knows?

Conley, Collins and TE Brevin Jordan. We need to know where we stand on them before 2023 draft.

Any over flow should go to our running backs and on the roster older players. We are supposedly a run oriented offense so the passing snaps should be reduced.
Nico and Jordan, sure. But nobody would be taking snaps away from them.

Conley is 29. Agree with Collins and Jordan.
Yes but Conley is considered part of the future and any new FA coming in is either taking up cap or will be getting snaps. I want Chad Beebe or Phillip Dorsett getting snaps

Yes but Conley is considered part of the future and any new FA coming in is either taking up cap or will be getting snaps. I want Chad Beebe or Phillip Dorsett getting snaps

Conley is on a one year deal. He is exactly what he is. A backup on a bad team.

Again we agree only apparent difference is I don't think Caserio wants to go another vet FA.
I think Nick will find someone to pickup on the WW. Who is on the cut line in New England?

* Nelson Agholor has a near $15 million cap hit this year. Patriots save almost $5 million cutting or trading Agholor. After trading for DeVante Parker and drafting Baylor WR Tyquan Thornton in the 2nd, Agholor is a goner.

Last edited:
When is the last time any of the guys you listed have caught 85 balls in a season. Disagreement is what keeps this MB interesting.
In my opinion, you're not developing the qb if you're throwing to a non rb getting 8 ypc. That throw has nothing to do towards development. Thats basically turning the qb into checkdown charlie. Then when you get into the money zone and the defense squeeze those out, you kick fg's . I'm not opposed to upgrading the wr talent, but there are better options that will give him a clearer picture of the defense.

I think Nick will find someone to pickup on the WW. Who is on the cut line in New England?
I did not think Caserio would pick up any WRs even if Metchie returned late season so have not reviewed other team's possible cast offs in this position. His diagnosis may have changed that.

Josh Allen would sis
In my opinion, you're not developing the qb if you're throwing to a non rb getting 8 ypc. That throw has nothing to do towards development. Thats basically turning the qb into checkdown charlie. Then when you get into the money zone and the defense squeeze those out, you kick fg's . I'm not opposed to upgrading the wr talent, but there are better options that will give him a clearer picture of the defense.

Josh Alle would disagree with you. That was his security blanket. I would like Mills to have that security blanket that Allen had.

Who would you suggest that's better?

Josh Allen would sis

Josh Alle would disagree with you. That was his security blanket. I would like Mills to have that security blanket that Allen had.

Who would you suggest that's better?
You remember the Witten his last year in Dallas? He was like 8 ypc,but it did nothing to develop or improve the offense. Bringing on another older, slower, wr avg 8ypc is not really beneficial to Mills. The defense will give you thos 8 ypc and tackle the wr, then when they get close to the redzone, they just choke that play off. If it were me, I would look for an outside guy. Look at a team that has numbers like Tampa. Somebody is going to get cut who could start for this team. I would bring Fuller back if I could too

At the end of camp would you trade a late rd say a 5th or 6th for Scotty Miller?

Don't want to bring back WFV, once is enough.

At the end of camp would you trade a late rd say a 5th or 6th for Scotty Miller?

Don't want to bring back WFV, once is enough.
4 sure! I mean teams only carry 6 wrs unless youre the Texans and carry 6 rbs. Look at the money and Gage,Evans,Julio,and Godwin got real money on their contracts. Miller is a late rd pick, Perriman came back where he had his best year. They a wr availible

Jesus Christ, the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching Covid or spreading the disease. This vaccine isn't like a damn rabbies shot where you don't contract the disease. Also how is a individual who makes a personal medical decision being selfish?

Everyone is free to make their own decision whether to get the shot or not. If you're that scared by all means take the damn shot, they're free if that's your prerogative.. Just like I have the choice to not take the shot if I have decided that I don't want it after weighing the possible negative outcomes. That's my decision, no one else's, and it doesn't make me a selfish person for making that decision either.

Speaking of WRs rumors of Nico Collins becoming a stud are coming from TC. Many podcasts and reporters are saying he is making huge catches. Along with he looks more relaxed and is running very good routes. I have not seen footage but at what 6' 4 and 220ish I really hope the reports are true

Speaking of WRs rumors of Nico Collins becoming a stud are coming from TC. Many podcasts and reporters are saying he is making huge catches. Along with he looks more relaxed and is running very good routes. I have not seen footage but at what 6' 4 and 220ish I really hope the reports are true
I'm hearing reports that Nico isn't getting any separation, and is having problems breaking free of press coverage at the line. I'm hearing his only positive so far is his size, and ability to win jump balls. I'm not there, so it's only hearsay.

I'm hearing reports that Nico isn't getting any separation, and is having problems breaking free of press coverage at the line. I'm hearing his only positive so far is his size, and ability to win jump balls. I'm not there, so it's only hearsay.
That’s not what I’m hearing. Coty and several others are saying he’s having a awesome camp. Started off rough but picked it up on day 2.

Back