Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Ravens Week 1 Game Thread

Fess up. You’re hoping that CJ fails just so you can prove your S2 point.
Why would I want this to happen to the team I watch every Sunday?

My ego isn't so great that I have to be right on everything. In fact on this I hope I'm wrong.

I just don't see Stroud ever being a top 5 QB and I don't see him bringing a Lombardi to Kirby, so everything else is a waste of time.

Correct.
Stretching forces the muscle to contract back to normal. It actually tightens instead of loosens. Warming the muscle up, getting blood flow, is the proper way to loosen up.
Seems something to do in the locker room just before coming out - using a heating pad on the muscle.

This is not just a local individual muscle problem. The whole body must be "warmed" so that the the blood circulation increases to all the muscles.
Not for everyone, of course, just the high risk, how about a hot tub before suiting up. Then the light exercise after hitting the field. Metchie would be a good candidate for this, maybe.

Seems something to do in the locker room just before coming out - using a heating pad on the muscle.
Just an FYI........

Rerouting blood to the skin (where the body blood vessels dilate in response to external heat) forces the heart to work harder. On a hot day, it may move four times as much blood as it does on a cool day.

Not for everyone, of course, just the high risk, how about a hot tub before suiting up. Then the light exercise after hitting the field. Metchie would be a good candidate for this, maybe.
think the issue is more muscle warming up vs sitting in a hot tub and getting body temp/core temp up...but who knows...that could be an experiment to try...but I wouldnt try it w/ Metchie...we need that dude on the field.

The problem with a hot tub is that with its extreme heat there may be so much vasodilation in the body, that the blood pressure drops and with it cirulation drops...........especially if that person is not relatively over hydrated. That's how so many people die each year of hypotensive-related stroke and heart attacks in hot tubs.

The problem with a hot tub is that with its extreme heat there may be so much vasodilation in the body, that the blood pressure drops and with it cirulation drops...........especially if that person is not relatively over hydrated. That's how so many people die each year of hypotensive-related stroke and heart attacks in hot tubs.
yeah lets not do that..

25 mins till kickoff!!! And of course AFN isnt showing the Texans Ravens game so I'll be depending on this thread for play by play and game coverage....great...

How much leash are you willing to give Stroud and the offense?
Two and a half years unless he's just awful and I don't expect that to happen.

But I will be pointing out the dumb things he does along the way. Some posters think I want him to fail. 😂

Why would I want this to happen to the team I watch every Sunday?

My ego isn't so great that I have to be right on everything. In fact on this I hope I'm wrong.

I just don't see Stroud ever being a top 5 QB and I don't see him bringing a Lombardi to Kirby, so everything else is a waste of time.
Who said anything about top 5.
How many top QBs at the time of their draft were projected as top 5?
And how many had won a SB.
Do you even have an answer for any of that?

Back