Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs Da Bears Gameday Thread

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame
Last game of the season and I would love to show Da Bears some Texans hospitality by knocking them out of playoff contention.

It looks like a beautiful day to have the roof open:

Partly Cloudy
High 60° F
Precip: 10%
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 60F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

The Bears will want this more than the Texans and will go back to Chicago playoff contenders. JMO. After watching that horrendous display of pathetic football by our boys last week, I just don't have that much faith they will pull this one off. NOW, I hope to hell they prove me wrong!!:)

As for the weather, I wish it was about 20 degrees colder, but, I'll take it. A nice day for football for sure.

Should be nice inside the stadium, at least I hope so. I will be heading towards Reliant in about 30 mins or so, should be there by 9:30 AM....:woot2:

Which Bears team will we get today? Which will we put on the field? In a few short hours, we'll have the answer. This wasn't the first playoff campaign I was hoping for, but there DOES appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

The question is...

Is it the sunlight of the playoffs in the future?

-OR-

Is it the Freight Train of next season about to roll right over us next year?

Here's hoping the Texans finish this one out right.
If the Texans can't GO to the playoffs, then let's finish up by making sure that the Bears get to watch 'em from their nice, warm living rooms as well!

Playing well, winning, & finishing the season on a positive note would be preferable to losing but the upside to losing is a higher slot in the upcoming Draft. But the bottom-line is that from the Texans perspective this game is
relatively meaningless for now and the future and was ever since we were eliminated from an opportunity to qualify for the playoffs.

Well, luckily I missed last weeks game altogether. I was in Mexico at a resort and set my TiVo to record. Either I had too much stuff recorded or god forrbid me to watch the thing because I tried to watch it last night and itonly went ten minutes.

Basically I know jack about last weeks game.

So I think we have a good shot today!

Basically I know jack about last weeks game.

You're a lucky man! Also I've got a feeling AJ has a big game today, and that we have no turnovers.

I'm a little worried about the running game though because Bears have good run d. But we saw what Slaton did to the Titans' defense!

Texans win by 10.

GO TEXANS!

Playing well, winning, & finishing the season on a positive note would be preferable to losing but the upside to losing is a higher slot in the upcoming Draft. But the bottom-line is that from the Texans perspective this game is
relatively meaningless for now and the future and was ever since we were eliminated from an opportunity to qualify for the playoffs.

Last year four teams ended up 8-8, the Texans got the 18th slot in the draft. Those four teams took up the 16th through 19th slots in the draft. There were seven teams with a 7-9 records and they took up the 9th through the 15th slots.

Right now there are 18 teams in the league that can possibly end up 8-8 or worse so the worst that can happen is we pick 18th again. However, you've got four of those that are 8-7 and a few of those might move to 9-7, and you've got Phlly at 8-6-1.

I would say even if we go 8-8 we still end up with a better slot than last year, even if it's only by a few positions. There are 9 teams with 5 or less wins, so they will draft ahead of us. San Fran is at 6-9.

Depending on a lot of things, we could end up with anywhere from about the 11th to the 15th or 16th pick. If we lose today, we'd probably get anywhere from the 11th to 13th or 14th, if we win we could get anywhere from about the 13th to 16. This is all speculation of course, and we’ll know it all by the end of the day.

For livestreaming http://www.justin.tv/gaming1, beware it is Bears friendly.
:fans:

Awesome man, thanks alot for the stream.

Also there is a confirm stream at myp2pforum, just in case that doesn't work or if it lags. Possibly the same stream though.

Hopefully this is the game that will finally send Richard Smith to the eternal gates of hell..

A.K.A the unemployment line.

Let's finish strong.

Not liking what is going on with the weather right now. We looked helpless in the muck last week. Hopefully we learned something and make some adjustments.

Texans Inactives:

SS Nick Ferguson
CB Matteral Richardson
DB David Pittman
LB Xavier Adibi
C Chris White
OT Rashad Butler
WR Darnell Jenkins
DT Frank Okam

Texans Inactives:

SS Nick Ferguson
CB Matteral Richardson
DB David Pittman
LB Xavier Adibi
C Chris White
OT Rashad Butler
WR Darnell Jenkins
DT Frank Okam

Meh, I really wish they would have Okam active but whatever. I guess we won't get to see the X-man anymore this season :(

WUNIDS_map

Back