Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Chiefs Gameday Thread

Bring back Brink....pretty sure he wouldn't throw a wounded duck into triple coverage then pull his hammie....

Personally, I'm wondering just how real that hammy thing is. I didn't see him do anything that looked like it could strain one, unless it was that chuck down the field. I suppose he could have pulled it jumping on the grenade he dropped on the ground, but it didn't look like it to me. IMO, Kubes just jerked him because he was pissed at him and then later gave that as an excuse. Could be wrong, but.....

there's never a good excuse for losing the ball, but after watching the replay several more times, the brown fumble doesnt bother me that much. the only reason the ball was exposed was because brown got bent backwards and to the side with the horsecollar tackle. without that, brown's got the ball shielded and is moving away from the diving tackle attempt. no horsecollar = no fumble.

heck after watching that play in 1/15 speed it's a wonder brown didnt get hurt with the way he got bent and his legs getting crossed up.

not to mention, someone put their helmet right on the ball & it was pissing rain. the brown fumble was near faultless on his part

not to mention, someone put their helmet right on the ball & it was pissing rain. the brown fumble was near faultless on his part
Faultless? I don't care who one is... Chris Brown fumbled. Period. I was not real happy with it. I saw the play several times and can see how the fumble happened. I don't really fault Chris Brown but regardless of it all... Brown should not have ever allowed that ball to leave his hands. This is the NFL.

there's never a good excuse for losing the ball, but after watching the replay several more times, the brown fumble doesnt bother me that much. the only reason the ball was exposed was because brown got bent backwards and to the side with the horsecollar tackle. without that, brown's got the ball shielded and is moving away from the diving tackle attempt. no horsecollar = no fumble.

heck after watching that play in 1/15 speed it's a wonder brown didnt get hurt with the way he got bent and his legs getting crossed up.

I'll have to look for that during the NFLN replay.

Faultless? I don't care who one is... Chris Brown fumbled. Period. I was not real happy with it. I saw the play several times and can see how the fumble happened. I don't really fault Chris Brown but regardless of it all... Brown should not have ever allowed that ball to leave his hands. This is the NFL.

are you serious. they are human, not machines- every rb fumbles in the situation & conditions browns had during that fumble so yeah it was pretty much faultless.

I'm serious. Being human doesn't make them faultless.

obviously but in browns situation it was impossible not to fumble. he had put the ball away but the KC defender put his helmet right on the slippy, wet ball. its was a perfect storm for the chiefs & it not likely to reoccur

Brown did a darn good job last night. If he can stay healthy, he's (one of) our answers to our red zone problems. If he can stay healthy........

obviously but in browns situation it was impossible not to fumble. he had put the ball away but the KC defender put his helmet right on the slippy, wet ball. its was a perfect storm for the chiefs & it not likely to reoccur
My problem with the play is that when a running back meets a defender after going through traffic, you cover that ball with both arms. That's not what happened there. Brown had that ball nicely tucked away. I understand how the fumble happened. I get it. It was a good play by KC but... a RB should not be losing the football. Period. That ball needs to be protected to the maximum at all times. There are 11 people always trying to strip that ball from him and they will do it however they can.

Sorry we don't agree but at least... I was really happy with Chris Brown last night outside of the fumble. He did an amazing job. My problem with Chris Brown is his height. Man, is he taller than the average NFL running back? He really seems to run tall and that kind of bothers me. Actually, it'd explain why he gets injured so much. I never really realized just how tall he runs before. He sure is a one cut and go kinda guy though.

My problem with the play is that when a running back meets a defender after going through traffic, you cover that ball with both arms.

brown didnt meet a defender, he got illegally bent into one he was moving past. bringing his left arm in to cover the ball would've made an already unnatural body movement a dangerous one, and we'd be complaining about his upcoming surgery. sure the ball was slippery and the defender hit him absolutely perfect, those arent excuses and i wont claim them as such because that's part of the game, but brown did everything correctly. the ball was high, cradled as it's taught, shielded with shoulder, bicep, and elbow, and his hips were moving away from the defender. that play was entirely the horsecollar opening up his chest and making it near impossible to compensate against a defender coming sideways.

i know, i know ... defending a fumble is wholly wrong. i just cant find anything that brown did wrong though and dont want a solid performance to be "but"'d by something out of his control. schaub getting sacked by a defensive end that started 5 yards off sides would be a similar arguement in my eyes.

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley
(on the game) "We didn't get the result we wanted tonight. I think we made too many mistakes to think we could have a chance to win a game. I think we got to look at a lot of guys which is a positive. You can't expect to win games converting 23% of your third downs, which was a major problem for us, and you can't expect to win a game with the penalties we had in the situations that we had. Never until that fourth quarter could we get anything going enough to feel like we had any momentum.
If Coach Einstein didn't pull a Kubiak and kicked the FG earlier in the game his team would have been in a better position to win the game (making it a one score game). If you are going to make those kinds of decisions, you better not ***** about your team not winning a game that you helped them lose by making poor strategic coaching decisions 'cause you tend to lose credibility when you do.

I don't think the fumble did enough to bump him down to the RB3 spot. Fumble wouldn't have counted either way you slice it since us not recovering would've resulted in a penalty on the Chiefs.

In the regular season those kinds of fumbles are quickly forgotten since the net of the play is positive yardage.

I don't think the fumble did enough to bump him down to the RB3 spot. Fumble wouldn't have counted either way you slice it since us not recovering would've resulted in a penalty on the Chiefs.
if it did, we should fire the coaches. Brown was awesome last night.

Thorn said:
Brown did a darn good job last night. If he can stay healthy, he's (one of) our answers to our red zone problems. If he can stay healthy........

unless someone else wants to look it up, I'd be curious to see if Brown was maybe forced to carry too much of the load in Tenn. Perhaps a reduced workload will result in better health here?

Brown was the most impressive back out there. Slaton did not impress me, albeit he had limited playing time.

If Harrison is even on the roster I think it's a bad sign. It's his 3rd year correct? So He still has practice squad as an option but I'd consider that a waist of a spot for someone with growth potential.

If Harrison is even on the roster I think it's a bad sign. It's his 3rd year correct? So He still has practice squad as an option but I'd consider that a waist of a spot for someone with growth potential.

No, he's played in too many games to have any PS eligibility left. He'll be cut.

I think Harrison has dressed for more than 8 games

He's awful. I said he would struggle to make this year's roster a few months ago and haven't been high on him for a while. If he is starting for us when the season starts, we are in trouble.

You're right. I was high on him early last year but had cooled on him late in the season. I was hopeful that he would be an asset in coverage at the safety position for us. HOwever, he's just not an instinctive football player. Plus, he appears soft. I don't think that's the combination the team is looking for.

I tend to think we may start the season with 6 CBs and only 3 Safeties, with Quin possibly handling some safety responsibilities. If we keep a 4th safety, it has to be Busing or a guy that isn't on the roster right now... Regarding Nolan, they should be able to stash him on the practice squad until he's healthy and needed.

Back