Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Chiefs Gameday Thread

gary

Hall of Fame
texanshelmet.gif
cheifshelmet.jpg

Arrowhead Stadium.

Way to get us started Gary. After watching the Rams/Jets, Colts/Vikings (Sage looked pretty good), Bengals/Saints, and Broncos/Niners (Orton sucked) go at it last night I'm ready to see how our guys look against someone else.
:fans:

:doot: :doot:

I just got my 2009 Texans Sopwith Camel today. She's a beaut, but she'll need a little customizing.

snoopy_on_doghouse.jpg

Last year's model had too many bullet holes and not enough logos on it.

done8and8in08.jpg

Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuummmmmbllllllle!

geesh, I can wake up from my deep slumber today. The first day of the season has arrived!

The chief's site is pretty cool. They have a webcam which I thought was interesting. They're making major improvements to the place.

1250349676265.jpg

This is a pregame outlook..

THE MATCH-UP

The Todd Haley era officially gets underway on Saturday when the Chiefs host the Houston Texans in the preseason opener for both clubs at Arrowhead Stadium (8/15). The second-youngest head coach in Chiefs history, Haley was named to that post on February 6th after serving a two-year stint as the offensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals.

Chiefs GM Scott Pioli is also entering his initial campaign in Kansas City, and has made several key off-season additions to the Chiefs roster. QB Matt Cassel and LB Mike Vrabel were acquired from New England in exchange for a second-round draft choice. Notable free agent acquisitions for the Chiefs have included LBs Zach Thomas and Monty Beisel, WRs Bobby Engram and Amani Toomer, as well as G Mike Goff, S Mike Brown and C Eric Ghiaciuc. All of the club’s 2009 draft picks are in camp.

Offensive coordinator Chan Gailey returns for his second season in that role. KC’s offense features two-time Pro Bowl RB Larry Johnson (D1-03), who needs 433 more yards to become the all-time leading rusher in franchise history. WR Dwayne Bowe (D1-07) posted 86 catches for 1,022 yards with seven TDs in 2008. Four-time Pro Bowl G Brian Waters returns on the offensive line along with C Rudy Niswanger, as well as Ts Damion McIntosh and Branden Albert (D1b-08).

The Chiefs are making the transition to a 3-4 base defensive alignment in 2009 under new defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast. LB Derrick Johnson (D1-05) has moved to an ILB post, while LB Tamba Hali (D1-06) makes the transition from defensive end. The club’s defensive front also includes former LSU DEs Glenn Dorsey (D1a-08) and Tyson Jackson (D1-09), as well as DEs Alfonso Boone and Alex Magee (D3-09) and DTs Ron Edwards and Tank Tyler (D3-07).

Steve Hoffman coaches Kansas City’s special teams. That unit includes P Dustin Colquitt (D3-05) and K Ryan Succop (D7c-09). The Chiefs break camp next week and travel to Minnesota (8/21) for preseason Game Two.

Interesting to see if they can make the 3-4 work. I guess you have to be a member to view the message boards, not sure. :mcnugget:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/ Notice their origins in the 50-year logo, cool.

Last season I know some peeps posted links where you can watch the games online, does anyone have of these links or know where I can start looking? (I live near Corpus Christi and the game isn't being shown locally)

Last season I know some peeps posted links where you can watch the games online, does anyone have of these links or know where I can start looking? (I live near Corpus Christi and the game isn't being shown locally)

justin.tv is a great place to start looking. A lot of times links won't start working until right before game time.

I had to go on a ride right after I woke up. I needed coffee but I hate coffee. I found the next best thing... I pushed a ZX-14 to near capacity. Effin' wow! ! I'm up and I'm pumping!

GO TEXANS!!!

Grossman.

I'll be worried if its Grossman as he'll be going against 3rd stringers. I would think he would actually look pretty good tonight. Dan-O could struggle, I think they'll keep their first team defense on the field into the 2nd quarter some. Actually none of our quarterbacks should struggle tonight this defense is horrible even with its 1st teamers. They have some good corners but the front 7 is yuck.

I just checked the yahoo tv guide and it's confirmed to be on The CW tonight. I knew it would be but as my fellow Central Texans could probably relate, it made for a tense moment until I saw the listing.

:doot: :fans: :tv: :texflag:

This just in: (and is a joke) The endzone might not be ready in time for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3gYApfUsaQ

LOL, I love that snickers commercial.

Man, I'm so excited! I'm workin' tonight but I can watch the game somewhere, hope one of those links work, thanks guys!

headsplint, whereabouts are you at? I'm down in the Valley (No Texans land).

The game comes on over hear at 12pm, just as I am supposed to be having a family lunch for my birthday..... do you think as birthday boy it gives me the right to sit at my computer watching the Texans?? (If I can find a link)

The game comes on over hear at 12pm, just as I am supposed to be having a family lunch for my birthday..... do you think as birthday boy it gives me the right to sit at my computer watching the Texans?? (If I can find a link)

Happy Birthday Kiwi! Watch the game, this is your special day. If I had known I would have added you on Asylum's b-day thread but I guess (?) you don't want a big fuss since it isn't listed?

Happy Birthday Kiwi! Watch the game, this is your special day. If I had known I would have added you on Asylum's b-day thread but I guess (?) you don't want a big fuss since it isn't listed?

It's tomorrow NZ time which will make it two days from now over there. Just getting the family thing done on the weekend for conveniences sake.

Does the my special day rule still apply I wonder?

It's tomorrow NZ time which will make it two days from now over there. Just getting the family thing done on the weekend for conveniences sake.

Well, like the song says, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" so I say it does....lol.(weird, it's 5 o'clock here!)

yes.

And if its already tomorrow there what are the lotto #'s going to be tonite?

No Texans on TV here in San Antonio. And Sunday Ticket doesnt kick in until the regular season.

Guess ill be searching Justin TV at game time... Boo...

Edit: Lions pull out a last second FG win.

UGH its raining in Kansas City -- beware of hyperextensions and other knee injuries... put a friggin retractable roof over Arrowhead plz!

If it gets wet and sloppy on the field, it's a waste of a pre-season game. Hopefully it doesn't get to bad.

I am somewhat exited. But also scared. Because I have hopes for this team this year.

I guess we will see just what we will see, won't we?

I'm crossing my fingers...

Back