Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Chiefs Gameday Thread

I am not impressed with Dan-O. He has not looked very good. It is too bad. Hopefully, he looks better next game, and he just has some jitters. His arm has not even looked that lively.

ok guys 2:02 left.. chiefs have 2 timeouts

lets run and get a first down and end this thing!

Wow I don't know what some of you guys have been watching, but I have not been impressed with Dan-O at all. Very inaccurate.

Time for bed methinks - 4am. I'm not sure we've learned that much, but the first half was promising enough for me to go to bed hopeful for the next 5 months or so.

we're screwed if/when schaub goes down. totally screwed.

Absolutely. I wasn't sad to see Sage on his way out of town but I can't believe that these two are the best the Texans could find to backup Schaub.

Does anyone here see what Orlovsky has that Kubiak is apparently so high about? I keep hearing about Kubiak saying that he's got skills you can't coach but unless he's talking about the ability to hold on to the ball until a defender gets to you or being able to overthrow/underthrow your receiver at will I don't see what he's talking about.

Orlovsky looked bad in my opinion. Grossman made Bradlee Van Pelt look viable. Both of them make me wonder if anybody at Reliant Stadium still has Tony Banks phone number.

Just kidding. I think.

Well, it seems like he made a couple of throws...I know he's not setting the world on fire, but the potential is there. He's made some plays. Made mistakes, yes, but I think he'll be OK in time.

Absolutely. I wasn't sad to see Sage on his way out of town but I can't believe that these two are the best the Texans could find to backup Schaub.

Does anyone here see what Orlovsky has that Kubiak is apparently so high about? I keep hearing about Kubiak saying that he's got skills you can't coach but unless he's talking about the ability to hold on to the ball until a defender gets to you or being able to overthrow/underthrow your receiver at will I don't see what he's talking about.

Orlovsky looked bad in my opinion. Grossman made Bradlee Van Pelt look viable. Both of them make me wonder if anybody at Reliant Stadium still has Tony Banks phone number.

Just kidding. I think.

Calling BVP!! lol:gun:

Honestly, you put Dan-O in with the rest of our first stringers, you're probably still better off than with somebody like Carr back there. He's definitely a backup, and not a contender for starting, but I don't think this performance really does much against him.

If he has to start during the regular season, I think we're alright as long as it's not for an extended period of time. Of course, if Matty goes down for a portion of the season we're probably screwed anyway, just like the previous seasons.

DanO has made about 5-6 good passes and the rest have sailed or been into the ground. He can sprint out with more speed and made one nice toss on the sprint, but overall, not a very good showing. The good news is that both the 1st and 2nds looked pretty good. The 3s...... not so much.

Wow I don't know what some of you guys have been watching, but I have not been impressed with Dan-O at all. Very inaccurate.

I'm with you for now.
This should be an interesting week.
I wanna see if Rex stays here another week. Benching is one thing. Cutting him is quite another.

good game, i dont think there were any serious injuries. i loved the first teamer's effort... as for our backup QB situation, i REALLY hope the rain was to blame. can't wait till next week!

Man, I have been watching that Casey catch over and over. That guy has got "it". He is a gamebreaker. I believe we got the steal of the draft.

Man, I have been watching that Casey catch over and over. That guy has got "it". He is a gamebreaker. I believe we got the steal of the draft.

Agree 100%. I really like Casey. I've read his diaries at the HT.com site and he's a humble guy, too. Great pickup (I love how he still says he's trying to make the team)

I didn't realize we had four fumbles until I looked at the box score.
Damn!

I don't think Kubiak will be happy about this performance.

I didn't realize we had four fumbles until I looked at the box score.
Damn!

I don't think Kubiak will be happy about this performance.

You have to factor in the rain when looking at that stat. It is going to happen. That doesn't mean Kubiak won't let them have it, but he won't be as mad as he would have been had there been better weather.

To top it off, no fumbles were lost. I don't think Kubes will be that upset. The guys still hustled to the ball and didn't give up the ball.

Yeah, the good news is we didn't lose any of them. But the one by Chris Brown could have cost us our only TD if we hadn't come up with it.

Was impressed by Barwin, Casey and Jacoby too (no fumbles in that weather). 2nd drive was OUTSTANDING! Anymore drives like the first one are unacceptable with the 3 and out and that needs to be crammed down the players throats....hard and viciously....almost illegally! If we think we are making the playoffs (which I fully believe we are depending on injuries) we have to at least get first downs and not turn the ball over. Overall I am glad that they won the game of course but think that we should have dominated a crap team like KC and I don't give a damn that it's only pre-season. Maybe that's too much for me to ask and I sound like an ***** to some, but damnit, I for one am tired of mediocrity and championship teams dominate, not skate by and I wanted to see a glimpse of that in the pre-season. Good game but am expecting alot more in all three phases next go around. No matter what, thank GOD it's football season!!!!

:texflag::fans:

Orlovsky looked bad, and not very accurate. Okam and Bently really played all out. They were all over the place and getting the job done.

As far as Rex goes .. Ummm J.P. Lossman is available. Maybe the Eagles will accept a 7th round pick for A.J. Feeley.

WOW....I put the word i-d-i-o-t in my last post and was talking about myself and that got censored?!?!?!?!?!

I thought Moats had a real good game.
Yeah Moats looked good...Overall I was impressed with the running game. I think we started slow though. But it was much improved over previous years....I do however have to keep reminding myself this is just preseason...

there's never a good excuse for losing the ball, but after watching the replay several more times, the brown fumble doesnt bother me that much. the only reason the ball was exposed was because brown got bent backwards and to the side with the horsecollar tackle. without that, brown's got the ball shielded and is moving away from the diving tackle attempt. no horsecollar = no fumble.

heck after watching that play in 1/15 speed it's a wonder brown didnt get hurt with the way he got bent and his legs getting crossed up.

Back