Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Training Camp 2016

Didn't see this posted elsewhere.

33 observations from the Texans win over SF

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-over-SF/de466f16-a915-4316-be6c-a93c5ebd0d05
5. The offense set the tone for what it wants to do this year on the first play of the game. Running back
Lamar Miller found a huge lane to the outside of the right side of the line and ran for 14 yards. Why was there an outside lane? Tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz completely washed down 49ers outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks to the inside and Miller was able to hit it downhill. That’s a scary place for a defense - Miller with space and a head of steam.

6. Fiedorowicz’s blocking has truly improved each year, but he added a key 12-yard reception in the first quarter. It wasn’t an easy catch as the throw was a little bit behind him. But, he adjusted and sprinted up field for the first down. He does that a couple of times a game and it’s a game changer, brother.

8. As Coach O’Brien told me at halftime, the Texans were vanilla on offense, not showing much from the extensive playbook. That was clear on Sunday night.

14. When we interviewed Executive Vice President and General Manager Rick Smith on Texans Training Camp live during the first week, Marc Vandermeer and I asked about the progress of running back Kenny Hilliard. In essence, he said that Hilliard came back in 2016 a different dude. He slimmed down and showed quick feet and burst and a different running style than he showed in 2016. He’s been quick to the hole and ran the ball well throughout camp. With Alfred Blue unavailable on Sunday, Hilliard made the most of his time. He carried it seven times on his first drive for 31 yards. His first two runs were probably his best ones. Decisive. Powerful. Attack-mode.

16. Speaking of Savage, he was outstanding. He took a bunch of hits, something he told me after the game that he actually welcomed. He had some grass stains on his jersey and they were sort of a point of pride for him after missing all of last year after the injury suffered in week four of the pre-season at Dallas.

24. Safety K.J. Dillon may have gotten a bit of help from 49ers quarterback Jeff Driskel when he threw a pass intended for receiver Bryce Treggs to the inside instead of to the sideline. But, the rookie came up with a well-timed pass breakup right in front of the Texans sideline. I spied Dillon early on that play and he was flying toward Treggs from a long distance away. He arrived at the same time the ball did and ended up with the pass breakup.

25. On the radio broadcast, the Voice of the Texans Marc Vandermeer mentioned that Dillon was talking after the play but he wasn’t sure if Dillon was talking to the sideline or to Treggs. I can 1000000% guarantee you that Dillon was whispering sweet nothings to Treggs. That’s the way he plays and always has. He has an endless fire for this game and I saw that crystal clear at the Senior Bowl back in January.

26. The safeties, unfortunately, were tested in the run game, more so than they should’ve. As a result, Corey Moore, and Antonio Allen were tied for second on the team with four tackles. Throughout the second half, Allen was a fixture in the 49ers backfield, rushing the quarterback and Moore and Allen each were credited with a quarterback hurry.

The Red Flag is Raising With the Houston Texans Defensive Line Situation

Patrick Starr
8:15 AM

The Houston Texans have to be aware of the situation brewing on their defensive line heading into the 2016 season.

We are a full three weeks into the Houston Texans 2016 preseason and with, training camp set to end and the second preseason game on deck, there are always situations that still require further attention. Looking closely at the Texans, it is clear that the defensive line is a red flag waving in the wind.

Here is why.

J.J. Watt’s situation is fluid. We know he is recovering from back surgery that took place prior to training camp starting, that he is progressing, and that his health is the number one priority for the long term. We do not expect to see him until sometime during the regular season. For the time being, the Texans have to prepare like he is not going to be there for the season opener and err on the side of caution.

Vince Wilfork is the veteran of the group and is expected to start at nose tackle but age and workload over his long career should not be overlooked. In much better shape this season, Wilfork already had a strong start to the year with some solid work against the San Francisco 49ers. He will be a constant during the season but he is not enough by himself.

Christian Covington and D.J. Reader have shown some life early in camp. Both are inexperienced players but, right now, they are the most capable out of the options available. Covington is learning about the defensive end position but seems better suited to play the three technique in nickel and dime defenses. He is the closest defensive lineman who can both play the run and rush the passer, which is an added plus. Covington has a place on this team and he is in line for plenty of snaps. As for the rookie nose tackle Reader, he is further along in his technique than most expected. He understands the hand game but, like all rookies, there will be some concern on the expectations of the NFL, so reserving his use for certain situations could help. Reader could play nose and the three tech in sub-packages, so he has some flexibility.

• Related Links
Prediction 53-Man Roster Version 2.0 | O'Brien Worried About the Process Not the Production in the Preseason Opener | The Rundown: Preseason Opener

Currently the Texans have Wilfork, Covington, and Reader as real options when the season arrives and Watt when he is ready. That leaves at least two defensive lineman positions to fill at some point during the preseason.

The feel good story is that Devon Still will be the default starter due to the lack of experience at the position. He has been underwhelming throughout camp and was not much of a factor against the 49ers. One would expect more from Still to rush the passer or at least be a positive against the run.

Brandon Dunn has flashes on the field but conditioning is a slight concern. He was close to making plays and had some bright spots in the opener but not much was awe inspiring. Dunn is probably ahead of Still in the pecking order but he too is going to have to kick it into gear.

Jeoffrey Pagan has not been able to stay healthy all camp which is not a good thing, it is hard to make a team sitting on the training table. Dan Pettinato was on the practice squad last season but he too has a long way to go to make a difference for the team. Rookies Joel Heath and Ufomba Kamalu have plenty to learn about the NFL and it is hard to envision either one ready to contribute year one. The Texans added Ra'Zahn Howard shortly after the supplemental draft but he is far behind on what it takes to make it in the NFL. His weight issues are keeping him, at the moment, from displaying his full potential.

Right now the Texans have three defensive lineman to feel good about: Wilfork, Covington, and Reader. Out of that group, one is closing in on the end of his career and the other two are early in their NFL careers. Watt will be back but, on the surface, the group needs help in a hurry.

Over the off-season, the Texans were smart in addressing team needs but they let starter Jared Crick leave for Denver. They couldn’t prepare for Watt’s injury but they have to be aware of their biggest red flag on their roster composition. How the team addresses the issue will play out, but it is clear that the defensive line will need some tinkering before the season kicks off in week one.

So we let Crick go to Denver for 2/$4M and drafted a guy to replace him the year before he left and drafted a guy this year but that's a problem now? Crick was JAG. At worst we replaced him with JAGx2 and some UDFA. With as much as we switch 3 and 4 man fronts, I'm not concerned about the DL. OL, that's a different can of worms.

Texans Training Camp: Day Ten Rundown

Patrick Starr
Yesterday at 6:09 PM
The Houston Texans opened up day ten of training camp and Jadeveon Clowney returned to practice.

The Houston Texans moved inside the bubble and worked an abbreviated practice in terms of time out on the field. The rain was one reason they were inside but the intensity was high, just like it had been during the start of training camp. Bill O’Brien worked on plenty of situational football today but it did not slow down a fast-paced practice.

Onto the events on the field.

Alfred Blue sat out practice due to a shoulder injury, which explains why he did not get snaps in the preseason opener. Bill O’Brien explained Blue’s situation.

“He’s dealing with a minor shoulder injury. It’s not anything serious but it does warrant time off as far as contact. We’re just making sure that he’s healthy when we bring him back and we don’t want to bring him back too soon.”

Points of Emphasis
It was no surprise to see the Texans open up practice focusing on tackling and ball security in one drill. Remember, the Texans missed 15 tackles (by our count) in the first half alone during the preseason opener. There was a concentrated effort by the defensive coaches to make sure it was right today. Also, there were plenty of back shoulder fades thrown to all the skill positions from the quarterbacks. Brock Osweiler, during the preseason game, missed DeAndre Hopkins with what was supposed to be a back shoulder throw and the pass ended up closer to the defender, who ended up breaking the pass. It is clear these were points of emphasis for both sides of the ball and the team went to work on these issues in a hurry.

Offensive Line Update
The Texans half line drills are always interesting to watch and it is more about run fits and playing aggressively in the trenches. Xavier Su'a-Filo was an early winner for the offensive line, pushing the defensive line off scrimmage. It was easy to tell where Su’a-Filo was at because that is where most of the noise is coming from, with him making the shoulder pads pop by playing physically.

Center Nick Martin returned and was right back with the team’s top offensive unit, snapping the ball for Osweiler. Martin looked spy and was blocking at high level with no visible signs of his back being an issue. There was even a time where he fell to the ground and hopped back up with no problem, which is a plus given the back issue he was nursing. Getting Martin much need reps this week is important with him penciled in to start at center.

Jadeveon Clowney Returns
The return of Jadeveon Clowney was much like when he arrived for the start of camp - he put on a show. He was only supposed to do individual work today but Clowney took it upon himself to participate in the team portion of practice. He wanted to do more and was not interested in being limited on the field. He was bull rushing off the edge and pushing offensive tackles into quarterbacks, throwing lanes. He pulled a swim move going inside and planted to get back outside, forcing Tom Savage to get rid of the ball early. During one-on-ones, he played violent with his hands and it was an overall positive day. This is how Clowney has worked since the opening of camp, with purpose, and he has easily been one of the top defenders on the field. Today was no different. His best look of the day is when he tracked down Akeem Hunt from the back side of the the formation all the way across field to end the play. These are plays Clowney constantly and consistently has made in practice this season.

Fuller Has A Solid Day, Again
Will Fuller V continues to get comfortable with his role on the offense and the most impressive thing he accomplished today was one of the catches he made from the arm of Osweiler. While running his route down field with a safety and cornerback underneath him, Fuller looked inside for the pass form Osweiler, but the ball was thrown to his back shoulder. As the ball was in flight, Fuller was able to track the ball somehow and flip his ahead around last minute, snagging the pass in front of the oncoming safety. It was enough to get a stunned reaction from his teammates, who went and congratulated Fuller on his impressive catch. Add in some strong routes across the middle and it is clear that Fuller is catching the ball with much more ease than he did when he arrived during rookie mini-camp.

Not Going Away
Josh Lenz and Keith Mumphery will not go away on the practice field and they continue to make solid catches. Lenz runs good routes and gives open targets for quarterback throwing him the ball. Even though he dropped one today, he went right back to work after that. He is very solid across the middle and does such a good job of running after the catch. As for Mumphery, he continues to plug away as a wide receiver. He worked the seam today and caught a nice pass from Tom Savage over the linebackers on the way to the end zone. Both Lenz and Mumphery are pushing for a roster spot and, with not much settled on the back end of the wide receiver group, there is an outside chance for the duo.

Last week, most of the glowing reports coming out of TC practice did not translate well when we played against different colors. We'll see how things evolve with the Saints game.

Last week, most of the glowing reports coming out of TC practice did not translate well when we played against different colors. We'll see how things evolve with the Saints game.

I still think we're being overly critical of that game. The tackling issue was pretty much fixed before the end of the 2nd half. Other than their QBs being able to run around our guys, we shut them down.

Offensively & deffensively, we got better as the game went on & the coaches did their job. I was even impressed with several guys (Lenz, Hilliard, & Rivers in particular).

I still think we're being overly critical of that game. The tackling issue was pretty much fixed before the end of the 2nd half. Other than their QBs being able to run around our guys, we shut them down.

Offensively & deffensively, we got better as the game went on & the coaches did their job. I was even impressed with several guys (Lenz, Hilliard, & Rivers in particular).

Not trying to be hyper critical at all, especially referring to the first preseason game. But the problems that were "fixed" before the end of the half were with mostly different personnel than were playing during the earlier troubled period.

Soma waived for a DE Carrington..
I was intrigued by Soma, but I guess Prosche is serviceable and the staff trusts him

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed after the Falcons game last year?
Or was it after the Miami game?

5th worse for the year in missed tackles.
Also 5th worse for YAC allowed.
And the monster rears its head again already, and you think people are being overly critical? ;)

And the monster rears its head again already, and you think people are being overly critical? ;)

1st pre-season game? 4 starters not playing on defense? Yes, yes they are.

With three+ starters out, most starters not playing an extended amount, playing vanilla schemes and it being the FIRST pre-season game? Yeah, going doom-and-gloom this early is friggin nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I cussed the poor tackling, bad angles and failure to maintain lanes all during the game as well (until I couldn't take it and Spencer Tillman anymore), but acting like this is a foreshadowing of doom (or a continuation of last season, when last season ended pretty damn strong) seems a fool's errand.

If the Texans look this bad after PS game #3...then I might start being more concerned.

Heck - I'll even add that I'm mildly concerned with how bad McKinney looked period.

What does that have to do with missed tackles?

It wasn't taught to any other defender except those four starters? ;)

Always enjoyed your insight. Keep in mind, NFL players don't tackle at all during practice and trying camps, so the miss tackles are expected in the first preseason game. Should be getting cleaned up as he preseason continues on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you especially are being overly critical. To declare that the problems from week 1-5 of the 2015 season are totally here and we are going to be just as terrible as then because of a half of sloppy tackling is fairly ridiculous. The Texans have 3 more practice games to go I'm sure you can hold onto your premature speculation a little longer than that 76.

My only wish is I can find a Houston Texans forum that is a bit more optimistic.
So you are not interested in opinions based on what people think? How about voicing your optimism and why you see it that way? Post info to debunk negative posts for others..even better start a thread .."nothing but blue skies from now on".

Any whoo, welcome to this MB as it is.

It is now almost noon and time for me to turn on TV and refill my carry bag with wise and noble Shaolin sayings from Qwai Chang Kane. That or I might go knock barnacles off my floating dock for wave runner.

Last edited:
My only wish is I can find a Houston Texans forum that is a bit more optimistic.

Smith is that you?

There are a lot of optimists on this board.

But just like every forum on the modern day Internet, anger and negativity stand louder.

I feel like most people on this board know the reality and hope for the best.

And there's some "fans" that prefer cheering when the Texans lose.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

CJ Fiedorowicz on the learning curve for TEs: "You don't think about how much a TE has to know. Protections, blocking schemes, coverages.."

Fiedorowicz: "In our offense we're in the front side of a lot of plays. A lot of teams don't have TEs blocking on the front side a lot."

Fiedorowicz on being a complete TE & if he prides himself on it: "Absolutely, that's something I wanted to do from day 1 when I got here."

CJ "Coming out of Iowa I was more of a run blocker, we ran the ball like 70% of the time. We didn't spend much time learning the pass game"

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

CJ Fiedorowicz on the learning curve for TEs: "You don't think about how much a TE has to know. Protections, blocking schemes, coverages.."

Fiedorowicz: "In our offense we're in the front side of a lot of plays. A lot of teams don't have TEs blocking on the front side a lot."

Fiedorowicz on being a complete TE & if he prides himself on it: "Absolutely, that's something I wanted to do from day 1 when I got here."

CJ "Coming out of Iowa I was more of a run blocker, we ran the ball like 70% of the time. We didn't spend much time learning the pass game"

He makes some good points.

He makes some good points.

A lot of teams don't run to the TE side?

In another thread we were talking about how important it is that a TE can block. It was mentioned Jimmy Graham wasn't particularly proficient & I responded saying I've heard/read defenders mention they know if a team were going to run, they're not going to run to Graham's side.

That only makes sense if most teams run to the TE side, a TE in front, regularly.

So I don't get what Fido is saying when he says most teams don't run with a TE on the play side.

In another thread we were talking about how important it is that a TE can block. It was mentioned Jimmy Graham wasn't particularly proficient & I responded saying I've heard/read defenders mention they know if a team were going to run, they're not going to run to Graham's side.

That only makes sense if most teams run to the TE side, a TE in front, regularly.

So I don't get what Fido is saying when he says most teams don't run with a TE on the play side.
That's not what he said.
Sounds to me like he was speaking to his responsibilities in the passing game. He wasn't used to those tasks in college.

I don't know the quote you are talking about, but if that defender said that it could have been hyperbole. There's different levels and never is not the same as not very often or if we're talking in comparison to other teams then you get into even more gray are with the "not as much as I'm used to seeing"....

You'd have to get Fido and that defender together and ask them what they both mean...I'm not in position to dispute what either guy is saying tbh...I don't really "know"....

But just from my point of view, CJ used the word "a lot"....and tbh I do feel like our TEs are on the front side of running plays more often than what I see from other teams. I have no idea if that is true or my perception is just flat out damn wrong. But I don't really see a lot of TE's around the league out there on the front side run blocking. Hell, a lot of teams don't use in line TEs or fullbacks all that often.

When I read what he said I just thought....hmmmmm.....he may have a point with that.

Texans Training Camp: Day Eleven Rundown

Patrick Starr
3:34 PM

A closer look the Houston Texans day at training camp and some struggles for the offense.

Here is your closer look at day eleven of training camp for the Houston Texans at the Methodist Training Center. The Texans moved practice indoors due to weather concerns and they had another short practice due to a full day with the New Orleans Saints coming to town on Thursday.

Onto the day of football.

Reshard Cliett Update
There have been plenty of discussions regarding second-year inside linebacker Reshard Cliett. Cliett has missed so much time on the field dealing with a hamstring injury which has set him back. Cliett is an athletic player who had potential to make his mark on special teams but had his rookie season ended with a torn ACL. He arrived to OTAs and mini-camp this off season and did not miss a day, but it was clear that he was shaking the rust off and dealing with some discomfort. With camp opening up, Cliett was out there for the first couple days and then started dealing with his hamstring issue, facing a tough road. Today at camp, Cliett really showed how far behind he is when he wass in coverage and trying to change direction. Jonathan Grimes has a good route against him today and when he broke outside, Cliett got tangled up in coverage, leading to an easy reception. It has not been easy for Cliett and, with so much time missed on the field, his end result on how he fits on the team is in the air.

Run and Shoot Back?
The Texans really like the offensive set of DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller V, Braxton Miller, Stephen Anderson and Lamar Miller all on the field as Brock Osweiler’s targets as we saw during the preseason opener. This is an offensive personnel package on which the team consistently works and they give the Texans secondary fits in practice. Call it the "Run and Shoot, Part 2,” this look puts pressure on the defense to run with probably their best athletic skill group on the field. Today in red zone work, Osweiler was picking on the defense by throwing to the back of the end zone, targeting Will Fuller who made a tippy toe grab on the end line. Stephen Anderson made a catch over Max Bullough in stride in the corner of the end zone and DeAndre Hopkins did what he does best, a body control hands catch with a defender all over him. The Texans offense ended practice with a strong showing in the red zone work.

Lamar Miller On His Start In the Texans Uniform
Stay on Target

Inside the Methodist Training Center bubble, there is one set of goalpost on the south side of the field. In between the goal post is the net and there is a red circle that hangs above ground. Call it a target that the kicker are supposed to use for their kicks. Today was the first time watching practices that someone drilled it and it was Ka'imi Fairbairn from about 40 yards out. Whether he was aiming at it was another thing but that circle is about 3/4ths up the goalposts, which means Fairbairn had to get some impressive height on the ball to get it there.

The Need for Speed
The Texans are trying to get a better look at Robert Nelson and it comes down to how fast he plays on the field. Matching up against DeAndre Hopkins, Nelson is being pushed to elevate his game and he is hanging well in coverage. The issue that Nelson is running into is being able to locate the ball and prevent receivers from catching it. Today, he lost the ball when he was in Hopkins' hip pocket, the moment occurring when he turned his head too late, only to hit Hopkins right before going out of bounds. Experience will help Nelson but the Texans are taking a longer look at the speedy defensive back.

Josh Lenz and Kurtis Drummond
Josh Lenz continues to do good things and his best reception came when he went vertical, catching a deep ball from the arm of Brandon Weeden in stride over Kurtis Drummond. Lenz continues to put together a strong camp which is catching the attention of Bill O’Brien.

“He made a lot of plays in the game,” said O’Brien. “He made a lot of plays in the game, and he’s playing injured, too. He’s a tough guy. He’s doing a lot of good things. He’s definitely in the conversation, no question about it.”

It was not all bad for Drummond either. He had an interception off of a deflected pass that he caught playing in the deep middle. He raced off to eat up yards before the whistles blew, ending another play in what has been a solid camp for Drummond.

Health Concerns
Concern continues to brew with the only healthy options on the defensive line in Vince Wilfork, Devon Still, Christian Covington, D.J. Reader, Joel Heath, Ufomba Kamalu, and newly signed Alex Carrington. With so much work to be done over the next few days and wanting to keep players like Wilfork, Reader, and Covington healthy for the season, that leaves really only four defensive lineman healthy enough to help out and eat up snaps. The health of Dan Pettinato, Brandon Dunn and Jeoffrey Pagan are a concern with a short week to get ready for the New Orleans Saints.

Not the Best Day
If was a rough day for Brock Osweiler in terms of accuracy on the field and he was not close on many of the passes today. He mostly struggled on the move and, more than anything, it looks like a mechanics issue. He has receivers open and he is missing them by leading the receiver too much or in traffic waiting too long to pull the trigger in some situations. It evened out later in practice during the red zone work but it was one of the more recent days of struggles with his accuracy.

With practice, Os will get better. It takes time to get in a good day to day rhythm in this offense. It also takes time, practice and reps with his receivers to develop a good chemistry with them. There will be 2 more weeks of practice for that to develop before the Texans start practicing and game planning for the Chicago Bears. Expect it to take at least a few more weeks into the regular season to really see this offense start to gel and flourish. By week 6 the offense should be looking good and possibly even starting to be the toughest offense in the league to stop. Osweiller and the offense will get there. Just be patient. The defense will hold things together and give Os opportunities to get it done in the mean time. This is almost a brand new offense. There will only be 4, possibly 5 starters from last year. Brown, Newton, XSF, DHop and possibly Fido. Give it time guys.

With practice, Os will get better. It takes time to get in a good day to day rhythm in this offense. It also takes time, practice and reps with his receivers to develop a good chemistry with them. There will be 2 more weeks of practice for that to develop before the Texans start practicing and game planning for the Chicago Bears. Expect it to take at least a few more weeks into the regular season to really see this offense start to gel and flourish. By week 6 the offense should be looking good and possibly even starting to be the toughest offense in the league to stop. Osweiller and the offense will get there. Just be patient. The defense will hold things together and give Os opportunities to get it done in the mean time. This is almost a brand new offense. There will only be 4, possibly 5 starters from last year. Brown, Newton, XSF, DHop and possibly Fido. Give it time guys.
Just as JD Clowney needs to stay on the field, get reps, and play to improve, so does BO need to continue to remain the starting QB and play to improve. So if Saturday vs
the Saints he is less than stellar again and even struggles and Savage has another impressive performance it could begin to place O'Brien in tough place for the RS re
the QB position.

Interesting...Vrabel was the DC preseason week 1.

CHvNMsF.png

One on ones going on now.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 3m3 minutes ago

Hopkins and Braxton already working strong. Osweiler with a great ball to Strong.

Wendall Williams just laid out for a diving stab. Got vertical

Anderson just works Vacarro in one on ones. So much space

Shorts and Braxton shaking cornerbacks. Fuller just made a defender fall on a stop route

Anderson works Roman Harper. Osweiler leave the ball short and it is broken up.

Lenz just went vertical over a DB. In stride.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash

PDS ‏@PatDStat 10m10 minutes ago

JJo just picked Brees in 7 on 7.

Delvin Breaux breaks up the pass intended for Hopkins. Been physical with him all practice

Osweiler late across the middle almost picked off by Harper.

One thing that pops out is how much faster the #Texans skill players are than the Saints DB.

Crawley breaks up a pass to Strong in the back of the endzone

Harris with nice coverage on Shorts on the goal line

Harris breaks up a pass intended for Braxton out of the slot.

#Texans O struggle in 7 on 7 in the red zone.

Drummond just wanted to hit someone. Gets a flag for the block in the back.

PDS ‏@PatDStat

KJ Dillon just de-cleated CJ Spiller. He came down fast and lowered the hit

Kenny Hilliard with another nice run. Got the edge and into the second level.

Hopkins, Osweiler and OB having a quick chat between Reps.

#Texans getting moving now. Hopkins in the middle of the field causing some issues.

Accidentally posted in the Injury Thread

DS ‏@PatDStat
47s48 seconds ago

Hopkins can’t haul in the pass from Osweiler. Falls loose when he hits the ground. Breaux in the coverage

Nick Fairley gets the sack on Osweiler. Coverage sack

Fairley gets to Os again. Bust between Mancz and Allen. Would have been a sack

Cameron Jordan knocks down the next Osweiler pass

#Saints kicking the #Texans around right now.

Fuller gets vertical and Osweiler goes deep. Was tackled downfield.

PDS ‏@PatDStat
46s46 seconds ago

Nate Stupar just unfair trying to cover Lamar Miller. Catches it and runs away from Stupar.

Solid ball by Osweiler, good back shoulder. Hopkins can’t haul it in.

Brees not even close to Fleener on the throw. Demps in coverage.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 39s39 seconds ago

Josh Hill stuck by Andre Hal. Hal gives and extra push.

John Simon would have had a sack there. Good pass rush.

McCown had his TE open in the seam. Allen and Drummond sandwich him to break up the pass.

Back