Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Ravens Gameday Thread

Lol that's because I actually have realistic expectations and know we aren't exactly playing the Akron Zips out there. So what I expected this team to lose this game without Andre, their best player. I guess you were one of those Rocket fans who still expected the best when Yao Ming went down.

Maybe we can beat average to alright teams without Andre but the Ravens? Good luck, it's just frustrating because they almost had the upset then fell short again.

Ok, who am I to argue about expectations with a guy named fiasco? :D

Rocket fan?? New here? Yes, but really Astros fan and it goes as long as they are in the REAL League.

You obviously don't read my posts that closely. I watch the game-in, game-out mistakes he makes and for the third time in like 5 minutes, I'll mention how I've wanted him gone since the 2009 Failure Series ended.

Stop being a dick.

If you think stating my opinion is being a dick, GF yourself. Hell, I was being nice towards you just a few minutes ago. Maybe they were right.

Just rewatched it on the DVR and it looked like the ball hit the ground towards the end.

It was a questionable call. The play should have been challenged. The thing we couldn't believe is how the broadcast completely overlooked that play. The Ravens did what they should have and hustled up to the line for the next play. Torrey Smith had very questionable control before dropping the ball and ground popping it back up into his hands. Kubiak and his team upstairs have never done a decent job with this stuff and it should come as no surprise they missed it here. But it was a potential game changer. So frustrating.

If you think stating my opinion is being a dick, GF yourself. Hell, I was being nice towards you just a few minutes ago. Maybe they were right.

Maybe they were.

Look, you're insinuating that I (and I know you used the "general" form of "you" but you quoted my post) don't watch the games closely enough, that I'm somehow blind, that I don't know what I'm talking about, AND that I'm a Kubiak apologist when I've made it blatantly clear that I'm not.

You can tell me to go **** myself all you want, dude. I don't care. Not going to change the fact that I put blame on coaches AND players. Yes, like I said, the players are there from the choices of coaches and management, but they're professionals, and they need to execute no matter WHO the **** brought them in.

Ok, who am I to argue about expectations with a guy named fiasco? :D

Rocket fan?? New here? Yes, but really Astros fan and it goes as long as they are in the REAL League.

Heh, I'm actually one of the optimist here I think. I think this season will still turn out great. Coming into this 3 game stretch I knew it was very possible to go 1-2.

I just think it is frustrating because the team is always there to win the game but then just doesn't.

They win the TO battle, they force the Ravens to FGs...two things that usually point to a win..

I just don't see this loss on Kubiak. Players have to execute and play better. Foster has to catch balls, Safeties have to cover the deep balls, etc etc. They were in the right spots and just didn't make the plays.

Maybe they were.

Look, you're insinuating that I (and I know you used the "general" form of "you" but you quoted my post) don't watch the games closely enough, that I'm somehow blind, that I don't know what I'm talking about, AND that I'm a Kubiak apologist when I've made it blatantly clear that I'm not.

You can tell me to go **** myself all you want, dude. I don't care. Not going to change the fact that I put blame on coaches AND players. Yes, like I said, the players are there from the choices of coaches and management, but they're professionals, and they need to execute no matter WHO the **** brought them in.

Let's just say we disagree. Still, GF yourself. :turtle:

Maybe they were.

I get what your saying, but if that's the way you see it, then no manager of any company would ever get fired if his employees consistently under performed. That's what a manager's job is, and that is what Kubiak is as a HC. If his guys keep failing at their job, then he is failing at his first.

Come on now, the offense needs to play better. Period. They were right there to win this game if they just execute and make the plays that were called.

This game isn't on Kubiak. It's on the poor play of the players especially on offense.

It's never Gary's fault... :vincepalm:

I get what your saying, but if that's the way you see it, then no manager of any company would ever get fired if his employees consistently under performed. That's what a manager's job is, and that is what Kubiak is as a HC. If his guys keep failing at their job, then he is failing at his first.

The manager AND the employees need to get fired then.

Just like Obama and the shitheads in Congress.

outscored 89-40 in second half?!?!? Good lawd!

33nfguu.jpg

Kubiak post-game PC:

Quick summary: -Give the Ravens credit. They made plays, we didnt. Gotta go back and look at the film John
--------------------------------
-(On not running the ball well the past 2 weeks): Havent ran well the last 2 weeks, you're right. 24 carries for 90 something yards. Tough team to run on. You gotta keep pounding. We kept battlin'. You're right, we're not running well.

-We were right there in the game. 19-14 against that team, thats a good position to be in. Credit to them. They made the plays. We had opportunities.

-We gotta line-up and get a yard. The way we're running, I'm disappointed. We will stay aggressive. Give Ravens credit.

-They made big plays. We wasted 2 timeouts that hurt us. They put us away.

-(on the 2 wasted timeouts)Personnel issue one time, formation issue another. Cant waste timeouts on stuff like that.

-They made some great throws. Went and got a couple of deep balls on us. We gave up some big plays although did hold them to some FGs.

-You gotta battle with that team toe to toe. I liked our approach and the type of game we were in. 10 mins left in the game, we quit making plays and they started.

-I gotta make calls, coaches gotta do better, players gotta make the plays. In crunch time, they made plays and we didnt.

-We didnt get Jacoby the ball last week. He didnt play bad last week. Dont know where that came from. He played this week like I expected.

I get that everyone is pissed, but let's not attack our own. Tempers run high after a loss & I know everyone is sick and tired if losing. Just don't tear everyone apart.....focus your rage toward the team.

I just wonder how many times I have to say to you people that I hate Kubiak. I've wanted him gone since the 2009 series of failures. Me blaming the PLAYERS is not "not" blaming Kubiak.

I wonder why that's so difficult for you guys to understand this. Lord knows I've spelled it out multiple ****ing times.

I sure don't remember reading that although it is difficult to keep up with every single posters individual views on every subject. But yes, when you constantly defend the team, make derogative comments about the board and how annoying it is to read the anti-Kubiak comments, you certainly come off as a Kubiak supporter.

Heh, I'm actually one of the optimist here I think. I think this season will still turn out great. Coming into this 3 game stretch I knew it was very possible to go 1-2.

I just think it is frustrating because the team is always there to win the game but then just doesn't.

They win the TO battle, they force the Ravens to FGs...two things that usually point to a win..

I just don't see this loss on Kubiak. Players have to execute and play better. Foster has to catch balls, Safeties have to cover the deep balls, etc etc. They were in the right spots and just didn't make the plays.

I'm with you. I figured we'd be 3-3 after this stretch. Now, looking at the schedule - Tenn., Jax, Cle, and Tampa - we should win three out of those next four; maybe all four, and be 6-4 o4 7-3 going into the bye week.

I agree that once a game plan is in place all the coach can do is put players in place to make plays. Either they do or they don't. If they do, good things happen. If they don't catch or miss blocks or short-arm throws or miss tackles or blow coverage assignments I don't see how that's not on the players themselves.

I get that everyone is pissed, but let's not attack our own. Tempers run high after a loss & I know everyone is sick and tired if losing. Just don't tear everyone apart.....focus your rage toward the team.

Happy 6,000th! (and 6).

I'll take some blame. I'm cool most of the time until I get called a name for simply stating my opinion. I guess in this case my opinion was a little over the top. Unless I'm drunk, in which case GF yourself. :D :D (Thorn has nothing on me...lol)

I sure don't remember reading that although it is difficult to keep up with every single posters individual views on every subject. But yes, when you constantly defend the team, make derogative comments about the board and how annoying it is to read the anti-Kubiak comments, you certainly come off as a Kubiak supporter.

Well then, like Showtime's suggestion that I somehow need to look closer at the team, you should look deeper at my posts before going after me with such bullshit.

It is possible to criticize without blindly criticizing. It is also possible to criticize all parties involved.

Maybe I need to put all my posts on the ****ing subject in a PDF file and put that in my signature. Hey, it's better than obtrusive, ugly images and other stupid, colored text!

Sunshine Kids. Listen up!

It isn't about ONE game. It isn't about ONE play. Our gripes with Kubiak stem from a pattern of piss poor games, plays, and one half of every football game.

Just because I, or anyone else for that matter, mention Kubiak and wanting him gone in a Gameday thread does NOT mean that we think the loss is entirely Kubiak's fault. It simply means that under Kubiak losses like these are commonplace and the only way to quit watching a team like we currently have is to fire the man that is leading the team.

And Matrix, your statement about this happening because this is a team "learning to win" is about the most weenie statement I've read all day. This team has been "learning to win" going on about 4 years now. It's time they take off the ****ing training wheels and actually go out there and do it.

This team is still "learning to win" only because Kubiak is still "learning to be a head coach" and 6 seasons is long enough to figure out how to be a head coach and how to win tough football games. Gary is a pansy and needs to be coaching high school football where he can bond with his "kids". The pro game simply isn't for him, especially as a head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. Totally right. And I've never insinuated that it's one play or one game. But in analyzing ONE loss, you have to look at specifics of who did what and what happened when. If you're gonna comment overall, then OBVIOUSLY those other things come into play.

It's fun to beat dead horses though. **** Kubiak and the one he rode in on.

Four seasons was enough. My point about the team learning to win wasn't excusatory so it shouldnt be read as a "weenie" statement. It was to denote that we're not the Patriots. We're just a middle of the road, severely flawed and poorly coached team and that we shouldn't expect anything more than that with what's out there, until it changes. And that's management's fault.

You guys want change? Don't go to games. Don't watch games. Bombard beat writers and Twitter feeds and people who actually HAVE a connection to the team instead of ranting on a message board. The team doesn't give a **** about us.

Deleted based on the above post.

I agree completely with you on everything you mention above.

I'm not going to waste my time going through your posting history. I don't expect you to do that for me either. You looking closer at the team pertains directly to the subject at hand. Your personal beliefs about Kubiak do not, especially when all of your recent posts have been antagonistic towards to anti-Kubiak crowd.

Quit with the self-righteous bull **** as if you haven't been constantly roaming around here slinging your dog crap all over everyone that disagrees with you. The number of exclamation points (which typically either signal excitement or anger) alludes to this perfectly. You scream and holler at everyone else but then when people finally come after you, you start playing the victim card.

Okay, don't waste your time going through it. But then don't comment on my **** as if I'm a Kubiak supporter. I like approaching problems rationally. And you guys pound the same drum every time. That's fine, like I said.

**** the idea that all my recent posts have been antagonistic towards the anti-Kubiak crowd. I AM the anti-Kubiak crowd. But that doesnt mean I have to act like a belligerent, obnoxious moron about it. I have the ability to criticize without having to do so.

My problem is that my thoughts are being misrepresented. I'm not playing the victim card. I really don't care if anyone insults me, but don't think I'm not gonna come after your ass, or Showtime, or whoever-the-**** is it is. Just like you think I'm slinging dog crap at anyone who disagrees with me, I feel like you one trick pony guys are the ones who do the same. As if someone who isn't completely brash and blatant about the same general feelings is somehow unworthy, oblivious, blind, a "Kubiak nut-hugger", a "sunshiner", or any other nonsensical bullshit contrived term that you or others may want to use. It's almost like its a cult. Join the anti-Kubiak crowd (which I've been there for a long time now) AND act the way we do, or be shunned.

:rolleyes: Torry was Kareem's man, he was lined up against him. You would think the "most NFL ready corner" would be able to cover that.

So you expect a corner at the line expecting safety help on a post route to cover a 4.3 receiver from scrimmage to deep stride for stride?

What kind of **** are you smoking?

So you expect a corner at the line expecting safety help on a post route to cover a 4.3 receiver from scrimmage to deep stride for stride?

What kind of **** are you smoking?

Manning was man on the te. If Kareem was expecting safety help to that degree then he was on the wrong page.

And speed can be dealt with if you use good technique and play smart. Kareem doesn't do either and he isn't fast so what you get is what you saw.

Manning was man on the te. If Kareem was expecting safety help to that degree then he was on the wrong page.

And speed can be dealt with if you use good technique and play smart. Kareem doesn't do either and he isn't fast so what you get is what you saw.

It was a cover 2 play. He was certainly not man on the TE. On a post route, the safety is supposed to cover the center of the field. Manning misread the run and did not help cover.

Hell, I don't even think Manning was even on the strong side of the formation...

It was a cover 2 play. He was certainly not man on the TE. On a post route, the safety is supposed to cover the center of the field. Manning misread the run and did not help cover.

Hell, I don't even think Manning was even on the strong side of the formation...

Smith ate up his cushion and he can't turn and run. If you're a cb that loses speed when he opens up, you better be a helluva technician like ty law or aneas williams. Kareem has 0. Fred bennett was a bettter cb.

No it wasn't.

You need to watch the play again because it's obvious as hell that Kareem was man on the wr and manning had the out route that would've Bren wide open and gone for almost as many yards had manning not reacted to it.

It's like you and some others always think the safety is supposed to hover over the top and be the corners personal protector.

It was one on one coverage and Kareem got owned. Really nothing new though.

It was one on one coverage and Kareem got owned. Really nothing new though.

You can't say that... there really is no way of knowing. The LB doesn't react to anything, which makes it hard to tell what we were doing. Manning went down to cover the TE, but before the ball is even thrown you can make the argument that he recognized "his" mistake.

I agree with you, that it seems we're always blaming the safety, but your position is equally preposterous, that it's never the safeties fault. The truth is most definitely somewhere in between & this particular play can easily go either way.

But even if it was on Kareem, it's one. One major mistake of 50 snaps or so.

Fred bennett was a bettter cb.

Fred Bennett was another CB that looked that part his rookie year,Maybe that's why we're spoiled, thinking these CBs are supposed to play lights out from day one, regardless what the defense looks like around them. But Bennet fell out of existence more & more with each consecutive season. Let's let Wade develop these guys.

Even if McNair & Kubiak are forcing Wade to play Kj (which I find hard to believe), we know that he has the freedom to play as much Jason Allen as he wants. We barely saw Allen Sunday for a reason.

Would you really want to see him on Anquan Boldin?

It's good that this was the one game I missed last weekend -

It was nice to see the Steelers defeat both the Titans and Jags which hopefully the Texans replicate starting next week :shades:

I just finished watching the first half again... good game.

We went for it on 4th & 1 from their 25 (or so).... couldn't get that one yard. Flacco comes out, like he's going to do something. Tim Jamison smacks him around & takes the ball away....

We continue on our drive, a couple of big runs by Ben Tate. But he fumbles on the goal line & Wade Smith recovers in the end-zone. That was our only score of the first half...... 10-7 Baltimore

Overall, looks like we can hang with these guys.

8:39 to go in the 4th qtr.

19-14 Baltimore, they just punted the ball to us. At this point, I'm thinking we should win this game.

Back