Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

austins23

Hall of Fame
We’re not beating the Browns either. The only game we’ll win that’s left on the schedule, is the Jacksonville game. The Jaguars will find a way to lose that game.
Nope the browns have a decent running game. Oily Watson should t have to throw the ball very often. He’ll be learning the offense still. Still, this team isn’t beating anyone the rest of the year
What y’all think the O/U on combined points the Fish and Arlingtons drop on the Texans?
I’ll start at over 82

badboy

Hall of Fame
This team quit Sunday. Zero emotion. Mills should have gone Brady on Kenyan. But he just goes back to the huddle and throws another incomplete pass or gets sacked again. Defense can't tackle. I changed it to Red Zone after the Pick 6 and never looked back. I might not even tune in next week. The Dolphins are gonna boat race the Texans. Tyreek, Waddle,Tua......shut up. The fish should drop a 50 burger on the Texans and Lovie needs to get on a plane and go back to Big Shady or wherever it is he's from!
Sell the team Cal!
Yeah. Davis should have yelled "Don't let that severe shoulder injury or that hamstring bother you! Rub some dirt on it! That what i do to my eyes when I can't see the obvious rusher that no one picks up."

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
This team quit Sunday. Zero emotion. Mills should have gone Brady on Kenyan. But he just goes back to the huddle and throws another incomplete pass or gets sacked again. Defense can't tackle. I changed it to Red Zone after the Pick 6 and never looked back. I might not even tune in next week. The Dolphins are gonna boat race the Texans. Tyreek, Waddle,Tua......shut up. The fish should drop a 50 burger on the Texans and Lovie needs to get on a plane and go back to Big Shady or wherever it is he's from!
Sell the team Cal!
This was easily Green's worst outing so far.
Until now he has been stingey giving up sacks.
Did you notice it was one guy in particular giving him all that grief? One of the top pros in the league going up against a rookie is not really a fair contest right?🤔
He'll learn and get better.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
This was easily Green's worst outing so far.
Until now he has been stingey giving up sacks.
Did you notice it was one guy in particular giving him all that grief? One of the top pros in the league going up against a rookie is not really a fair contest right?🤔
He'll learn and get better.
Supposedly Green is injured and if true. I don't get why he's still playing significant snaps. However, the problem is for the past 3-4 games, it's been one guy EVERY week giving him all that grief.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Supposedly Green is injured and if true. I don't get why he's still playing significant snaps. However, the problem is for the past 3-4 games, it's been one guy EVERY week giving him all that grief.
The league is the strongest I have seen in the sheer number of quality DL - it seems every week we face at least one premier pass rusher.
He has done a decent job for a rookie against that onslaught and has only conceded a couple of sacks over the last 4 games.
I ain't giving up on him yet - not by a long shot.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Take a look at who those guys are. They give everyone trouble every week. Simmons, Hargraves, Lawrence and Allen a tough stretch for any guard in the league, much less an injured rookie.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Take a look at who those guys are. They give everyone trouble every week. Simmons, Hargraves, Lawrence and Allen a tough stretch for any guard in the league, much less an injured rookie.
Which begs the question. Why is the injured rookie still playing significant snaps? is it fair to the player? Especially when he leads all interior lineman in penalties and have been dominated by the guys you mentioned?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If your an oilers fan, you remember a dark day in the 90's when we gave up a tremendous lead to lose to the Bills in the playoffs.

Football died for my dad that day. He never cared as much about the game afterward. I still remember the house after that, quiet, still, and dark.

I wonder now if he wasn't lucky. He cut ties from his team sudden and sharp like a guillotine. I'm being murdered by the slow monotonous thousand cuts of a derange McNair agent. Cut me or waterboard me. It's still slow.

I remember a time when I worked the night shift in the first couple years of the franchise. I'd wake up after 2 hours of sleep to watch a game. Always. It didn't matter if we got our azz kicked or not. I was there.

Over the last 2 decades, I care a little bit less every year. I barely know who we play next week. I used to be hardcore enough on the draft I knew most every name till the 6th round. Now I barely know prospects in the 2nd round.

This team doesn't want your faith. It doesn't deserve it. They just want your $. We are a laughingstock of the nfl again. 2 decades of utter suckery have killed my love of the game.

I hope that changes but I don't see much chance of it for a couple years.
I feel your dad's pain. The little optimistic super fan in me died that day. I got excited the next year, but it was just another Houston Lucy-pulls-the-football moment.

After those years, I didn't care if Bud took his team away. Most of us felt that way. We were beaten down and never had anything but the fond memories of Luv Ya Blue to reflect on.

I tried to revive that little optimistic super fan in 2002. I really, really tried. Season tickets, tailgating, Texans flair out the wazoo, Texans hardhat and custom jerseys to every game. . .

. . .but, tbh, I could never rekindle that feeling I had as a kid when I was idealistic and delusional and it was just fun to be a fan of a winning team.

The reality is that, as a kid, I never watched the bad Oilers seasons. I had better things to do than watch bad football. lol

And that's where I'm at now. I just can't create the interest in me to watch bad football in order to see a glimmer of talent that may or may not manifest itself in the future.

And with regards to the Houston Texans, Inc., I agree with you. They have no way to create a marketing campaign to counter fan apathy. The only way out of that is winning, and none of us seeing that in our near future.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The league is the strongest I have seen in the sheer number of quality DL - it seems every week we face at least one premier pass rusher.
He has done a decent job for a rookie against that onslaught and has only conceded a couple of sacks over the last 4 games.
I ain't giving up on him yet - not by a long shot.
Good grief. Of course no one is giving up on him. He’s a rookie. But it’s OK to say he’s getting his lunch money taken from him. It happens.

Will that start changing next year, we’ll wait and see. Kareem Jackson sucked is rookie season, adjusted, and got better. Kenyon Green sucks his rookie season. We’ll see if his game improves going forward.

And if he is out there playing injured which is why he’s getting pushed around like a rag doll, then shame on the Texans coaching staff for putting him in that situation and destroying his confidence. That’s not fair to Green and hell, it’s not fair to Mills either.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Hopefully something we can all agree on...

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you are able to spend time with whoever makes you happy, and have a fantastic day.

If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, then I hope you are at least able to enjoy the day off work!

And finally, if you are working today - thank you! For making sure the world still turns while the rest of us lazy bastards stuff our faces! Hopefully, you have a makeup day off work in the near future!

Go Texans! (let's get that first pick!)

Earl34

Hall of Fame
BOB is good at developing QB's.

Playcalling not so much. Avg HC
I think BOB is a great teacher. I've heard Cecil Shorts talk about how BOB would prepare a game plan where it was almost over prepared. I saw how Watson discussed coverages and believe that was the results of BOB's coaching. So, believe it or not, I think BOB did do some things well.

Unfortunately, once the game started he had problems. Maybe it was his inability to delegate, but his in-game adjustments seemed too slow. Instead of dictating to a defense, he preferred reacting to what the defense is giving him on game day. He over complicated the offense where young players struggled. Like a Dilbert engineer, he kept tinkering with the offense and making last minute changes to the game plans.

IMHO. BOB would be a great QB coach. You just don't want him as an NFL OC, HC or GM. We might be seeing something similar with Pep. Not all coordinators are good HCs and not all position coaches are good coordinators.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I think BOB is a great teacher. I've heard Cecil Shorts talk about how BOB would prepare a game plan where it was almost over prepared. I saw how Watson discussed coverages and believe that was the results of BOB's coaching. So, believe it or not, I think BOB did do some things well.

Unfortunately, once the game started he had problems. Maybe it was his inability to delegate, but his in-game adjustments seemed too slow. Instead of dictating to a defense, he preferred reacting to what the defense is giving him on game day. He over complicated the offense where young players struggled. Like a Dilbert engineer, he kept tinkering with the offense and making last minute changes to the game plans.

IMHO. BOB would be a great QB coach. You just don't want him as an NFL OC, HC or GM. We might be seeing something similar with Pep. Not all coordinators are good HCs and not all position coaches are good coordinators.
I agree with everything you say. I would add that O'Brien had an anger management problem and a personality disorder. It was JJ Watt speaking for the team that got O'Brien fired.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I agree with everything you say. I would add that O'Brien had an anger management problem and a personality disorder. It was JJ Watt speaking for the team that got O'Brien fired.
He definitely wasn't media friendly and so many fans opinions are shaped by what they hear/read in the media. Not just in sports either.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Waiting for the stars to align and hoping there is a 'generational' sure fire top 5 future hall of fame QB at 1:1 on the year you have the pick is a fools game IMO because it most llikely isn't going to happen.
Exactly

Signed
Christian Ponder/Jake Locker

Personally I'm not waiting for a top 5 future hall of famer because I think he's the only guy with that value.

I don't think we have an environment to develop a QB. I think Andrew Luck could have been a hall of fame QB with a better offensive coaching staff. Instead he goes to a team focused on making everything around him work for who he is. Never, imo, tried to make him better. He loses his love for the game.

Again imo, Watson was made better by O'Brien forcing him to change the way he played the game

Best would be an Andy Reid type who is in between the two. Forcing him to change the way the QB plays but incorporating what he can do.

I'm afraid we'll take a potential top 15 QB & make Bortles him

Texansballer74

The Marine
That’s where I disagree.

When you have a team with as many holes as the Texans you do not have that luxury.

It’s not about being scared. It’s about being smart.
I did agree here because you have 20 draft picks in the next two drafts. You will also have the money to hopefully attract top free agents.
I watched the Colts build their team up when they had a lot of holes on that team. They drafted Manning and started building. They got that offense together and then started working on that defense.
But there’s no right and wrong way to build. They have already started their building process. That’s why you could go quarterback in the 23 draft.

1-1 Quarterback
1-6 Defensive Stud (DE)
2-1 Defensive Stud (LB) or Center
3-1 Center or LB
3-6 Wide Receiver
4 best available player

Texansballer74

The Marine
If we bring in a new bunch of coaches I have no problem drafting a top 15 QB.

I will not draft a top 15 QB for Pep Hamilton. Get over it
Why not he’s done a very good job with Herbert and Luck.

Brother we have to take into account who he’s working with now. Mills has underperformed big time and most of that is not on Pep.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Why not he’s done a very good job with Herbert and Luck.
He was not Herbert’s OC. He was fine as Mills QB coach.

I’ve said time & again I’m very disappointed how Luck was “developed”

Brother we have to take into account who he’s working with now. Mills has underperformed big time and most of that is not on Pep.
I blame Pep

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The receiver touched it I think. The ball was overthrown but only just slightly, so the throw wasn't egregious by any means - only missed by a couple of inches. Still enough of an overthrow that it set up the INT.
You're right, I think he tipped it with one hand if memory serves