Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Wish they'd get this excited about revealing a postseason winning streak. Instead they've been losing (in style!) since 2002. The red helmets were inevitable. People have been asking for them since the red jerseys were revealed. I've never been a fan of them but I guess if it makes people happy it can't be all bad. It's not like they've done a lot of that with their play on the field in the last few years.

While they're at it (and this isn't me being snarky either) they should break out a "Battle Red" version of Toro. Seriously, how much can a mascot costume cost? Bust out one with a bunch of muscles and a bit more "intensity" in his facial expression. It would be cool to see him in one of these helmets with maybe some smoke coming out of his nose and some glowing red eyes to go along with it. Get the SFX going and make him just the slightest bit scary for one week of the year!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Depth is a problem for you. You dont want the best backups possible?

I like young guys to develop, I actually lke Streckler as a developmental more than Heck/Deculus. I dont want Ogbuehi on the team.
Depth is going to be an issue. That's fine. This is a rebuild. Hopefully Steckler, Heck, and/or Deculus can become solid depth for the 2023 season & beyond. Or, if we don't spend all this year's cap money on tired players, we can sign FAs to provide that depth. But it would be better if we can develop them cheap.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Wasn’t sure where to put this….
No team wants pay Jimmy G 25 million dollars with high risk that he will re-injure. No reason SF to trade and have to pick up part of his contract to get maybe a fifth-round draft pick. They can save approximately 24 million dollars by just cutting him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Depth is going to be an issue. That's fine. This is a rebuild. Hopefully Steckler, Heck, and/or Deculus can become solid depth for the 2023 season & beyond. Or, if we don't spend all this year's cap money on tired players, we can sign FAs to provide that depth. But it would be better if we can develop them cheap.
I don't want to hear crap from you when Howard gets hurt again and the offense falls off. I'm sure when this happens it will all be Mills fault.

I'm for developing guys but I want one quality backup OT.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't want to hear crap from you when Howard gets hurt again and the offense falls off. I'm sure when this happens it will all be Mills fault.
Hopefully it will be like last season, where the tackles held up well. Better than the interior anyway.

Looking at the draft & our off-season looks like the Texans (Caserio & Lovie) agree with me. For now anyway.

I'm for developing guys but I want one quality backup OT.
I really liked Charlie & think he’s trending up. This is what I like to see from my GM with 4th & 5th round picks

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hopefully it will be like last season, where the tackles held up well. Better than the interior anyway.

Looking at the draft & our off-season looks like the Texans (Caserio & Lovie) agree with me. For now anyway.

I really liked Charlie & think he’s trending up. This is what I like to see from my GM with 4th & 5th round picks
I didn't see Heck trending up .

Of course we were probably watching 2 different things.

badboy

Hall of Fame
For what it's worth:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
For what it's worth:

For what it's worth, I think three teams in a division with more than 10 wins is a difficult ask.

But he's got three teams in the AFC West with 11 wins. It's a 17 game season now, so maybe. But...

mws

Rookie
For what it's worth, I think three teams in a division with more than 10 wins is a difficult ask.

But he's got three teams in the AFC West with 11 wins. It's a 17 game season now, so maybe. But...
I know it's not 3 teams with at least 11 wins but the NFC West had 3 teams with 10 or more wins in 2021. That is pretty close.

NFC West
Rams.........12-5
Cardinals....11-6
49ers.........10-7
Seahawks...7-10

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I know it's not 3 teams with at least 11 wins but the NFC West had 3 teams with 10 or more wins in 2021. That is pretty close.

NFC West
Rams.........12-5
Cardinals....11-6
49ers.........10-7
Seahawks...7-10
Is that not exactly what I said?

badboy

Hall of Fame
So long Darius we hardly knew you

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Don’t drink the water in Houston. “They” are obviously putting weird crap in it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
From multiple players with PED suspensions, Watson and now this, I guess fans can stop claiming the McNairs only select "Texans worthy" players.
Nope, this is just another failure of the McNair family. Go all in or not at all.

badboy

Hall of Fame

oops..

Houston Police Department admits to filing incorrect charges against running back Darius Anderson.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Damn, I really hope Green brings out the very best in Tunsil.
You know that is so azz-backwards, which is to say the seasoned and grizzled vet OLineman should be the one to elevate the play of the rookie playing next to him but since Tunsil has been more of the teams prima donna the Texans must look to the youngster to inspire Tunsil to step up his game and make a real concerted contribution to the team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know that is so azz-backwards, which is to say the seasoned and grizzled vet OLineman should be the one to elevate the play of the rookie playing next to him but since Tunsil has been more of the teams prima donna the Texans must look to the youngster to inspire Tunsil to step up his game and make a real concerted contribution to the team.
This is bad speculation. Tunsil will be helping the rookie out.

Not directed at you but the Tunsil hate around these parts is unbelievable for a pro bowl level player. Green will be the most talented partner Tunsil will have had to work with since he came to Houston. The success of the ol will come down to health and how well Cann/Howard play.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Not directed at you but the Tunsil hate around these parts is unbelievable for a pro bowl level player. Green will be the most talented partner Tunsil will have had to work with since he came to Houston. The success of the ol will come down to health and how well Cann/Howard play.
I never seen Opt hate on any player. He’s probably talking about in the run game in which we all know that’s what he’s weak at.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

I reckon it will work both ways - Tunsil can share his experience with the rook and the rook will inspire Tunsil with his youthful vigor and raw talent.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am going to disagree with you on this one as Green if he translates to the NFL will be extremely solid run blocking left guard. This is another way to build strength by having one player dilute the weaknesses of those around him. Tunsil will do that for the rookie. I am probably alone on this but I think that Deculus 6'5 320 will do the same for Titus Howard eventually.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

I need not be convinced that Tunsil has the talent and the experience, but the desire and well heart to produce the effort to realize
his full potential is what certainly disappoints me about him.
Nobody will ever confuse Tunsil with the great Joe Thomas who toiled for years while with what many considered a dysfunctional organization: sound familiar ? And Thomas still year in and year out played like a real pro. And also it's not like Tunsil is not well compensated for his time on the field.
I hope you are right Steel and Tunsil as a result of Greens presence does play at new and higher levels.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I am going to disagree with you on this one as Green if he translates to the NFL will be extremely solid run blocking left guard. This is another way to build strength by having one player dilute the weaknesses of those around him. Tunsil will do that for the rookie. I am probably alone on this but I think that Deculus 6'5 320 will do the same for Titus Howard eventually.
Well BB I can only say I hope you are 100 % right about your thoughts on the differences this years additions to our starting
Oline will make for the team.
We shall see soon as TC begins in just a week !

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I need not be convinced that Tunsil has the talent and the experience, but the desire and well heart to produce the effort to realize
his full potential is what certainly disappoints me about him.
Nobody will ever confuse Tunsil with the great Joe Thomas who toiled for years while with what many considered a dysfunctional organization: sound familiar ? And Thomas still year in and year out played like a real pro. And also it's not like Tunsil is not well compensated for his time on the field.
I hope you are right Steel and Tunsil as a result of Greens presence does play at new and higher levels.
I get this

But give me an all pro performer regardless of whether he's a grinder or not. Let's see how he works with Green before passing judgement.

Porky

Hall of Fame

is this the same guy that took a whole year off over a hangnail and spends most of his time over a bong? Thought so.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
is this the same guy that took a whole year off over a hangnail and spends most of his time over a bong? Thought so.
I don’t know that he spent most of his time over a bong.

But just like JjWatt didn’t want to be here, playing for nothing, I can understand Tunsil not wanting to be here & feeling trapped.

I don’t excuse it. But with the money they’re paying him, Texans have no choice but hope he’s found a reason to play.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Well BB I can only say I hope you are 100 % right about your thoughts on the differences this years additions to our starting
Oline will make for the team.
We shall see soon as TC begins in just a week !
I don't expect to see much until regular season begins and the usual snaps needed to get players used to each other. The best decision in my opinion that Warhop has made is to let the offensive line played at their best position and not musical chairs. Also know that I am not saying that Deculus will start immediately. I am hopeful Gann remains healthy and starts all season. I think Deculus is our Right Guard of the future.