Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

On the surface, it would seem worrisome.

Sheehan went on IR for a freak Grade II rolled ankle sprain. His 2nd opinion basically minimized his foot sprain as a problem. He would have only missed 3 games at the beginning of the season, but the team was in immediate desperate need of decent receivers and chose to place him on IR and replace him with a new receiver. In those days, of course, there were long mandatory IRs before a player could be replaced.

His 2019 end of season injury occurred when he took a direct helmet hit in his chest while making a TD.

He has had not problems with either his foot/ankle or his chest since comming back from those injuries.

The Grade II MCL he suffered last season should not be a long term problem.

Of course, "past performance does not predict..............." :D

Loving the optimism Doc.

This dude averages 10 catches a year
And? He's had a few injury issues. Nothing major, but by missing games, it gave others a chance to step in. However, you say that like we already have better on the roster? Other than Pharaoh and Brevin, who might they be?

And? He's had a few injury issues. Nothing major, but by missing games, it gave others a chance to step in. However, you say that like we already have better on the roster? Other than Pharaoh and Brevin, who might they be?
He's not a receiving threat if he has 50 catches in 5 years. That's all I'm saying.

And you would know, right?
the guy who was here before him is older,but less years in the nfl has more yards and catches. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not a receiving threat.

the guy who was here before him is older,but less years in the nfl has more yards and catches. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not a receiving threat.

Akins also had 162 targets over 4 years

You don't know that...
But it's a low risk cheap gamble, no one said he was going to be Gronk. Why you getting all upset and wanting to sh!t on everything?
Why you think I'm upset? I'm just stating facts. If a guy has a low number targets, either his position is loaded, qb sucks, or he sucks. When you can play and get open, you're going to get more targets than Shaheem. I mean, thats simple logic right? Everyone on this board wondered why Akins didn't get the ball more, but at least he showed flashes.

Why you think I'm upset? I'm just stating facts. If a guy has a low number targets, either his position is loaded, qb sucks, or he sucks. When you can play and get open, you're going to get more targets than Shaheem. I mean, thats simple logic right? Everyone on this board wondered why Akins didn't get the ball more, but at least he showed flashes.
He didn't get more targets in Miami because Giesecki was getting those targets.

Don't know who was ahead of him in Chicago.

He's not a bad blocker either.

Not a fan of Akins and I liked the Akins pick.

Texans are doing a great job of reconnecting the franchise. I wish they would've taken those old oiler colors and made them throwback H-Town uniforms. Texans logo kinda wack imo, lol. Once they got the joke of Culley out the way and pushed Esterbunny to the mop closet, there is a positive atmosphere which means something. Cal is trying to engage with the fan base which was needed.

Texans are doing a great job of reconnecting the franchise. I wish they would've taken those old oiler colors and made them throwback H-Town uniforms. Texans logo kinda wack imo, lol. Once they got the joke of Culley out the way and pushed Esterbunny to the mop closet, there is a positive atmosphere which means something. Cal is trying to engage with the fan base which was needed.

I don’t dig the red helmets…..not that they’re horrible, but man they could’ve done better.

I’ve stated for a while that my concept would be “new” gun-metal gray metallic helmets with the Texans current logo and a “Steel Blue” mask. The “Throwback Uniform” would honor the former Oilers colors by using “Columbia Blue” instead of “Steel Blue” on the Texans logo. The face mask would be a matching “Gun Metal Gray”. To make it even cooler, I’d seek approval for a “Black” modern “High-Top Turf Shoe” to be worn with the throwbacks.

I think the McNair’s, Caserio, and a petition by Houston fans might get him to clear the way for Houston to use “Columbia Blue”. I believe it could be the best “Throwback Uniform” in the NFL.

Last edited:
I don’t dig the red helmets…..not that they’re horrible, but man they could’ve done better.

I’ve stated for a while that my concept would be “new” gun-metal gray metallic helmets with the Texans current logo and a “Steel Blue” mask. The “Throwback Uniform” would honor the former Oilers colors by using “Columbia Blue” instead of “Steel Blue” on the Texans logo. The face mask would be a matching “Gun Metal Gray”. To make it even cooler, I’d seek approval for a “Black” modern “High-Top Turf Shoe” to be worn with the throwbacks.

I believe the McNair’s, Caserio, and a petition by Houston fans might get him to clear the way for Houston to use “Columbia Blue”. I believe it could be the best “Throwback Uniform” in the NFL.
They should’ve let you design the new helmet bro. That’s a pretty sweet idea.

I’m about to purchase one of those red helmets on Monday. A little birthday gifts for myself.

Yes sir I’m in full agreement bud, the McNairs need to somehow someway bring back the Oilers history and honor them. They’re apart of Htown. A lot of fans would love that.

They should’ve let you design the new helmet bro. That’s a pretty sweet idea.

I’m about to purchase one of those red helmets on Monday. A little birthday gifts for myself.

Yes sir I’m in full agreement bud, the McNairs need to somehow someway bring back the Oilers history and honor them. They’re apart of Htown. A lot of fans would love that.

I have a birthday (Big 60) coming up in 23 days…..I splurged and purchased the NFL Gameday Pass (which I thought was not available) when I found out I could. I had to pay 198.00 Euros but I’m watching live games in 2022.

I am liking the safety duo of Johnathan Owens and Jalen Pitre. Much needed infusion of athleticism at the position. Owens has worked his way up from practice squad to starter improving each season. I am looking forward to seeing this secondary in the regular season when Stingley is inserted into the lineup at CB.

Back