Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

mws

Rookie
Even though I hate Easterby the sad truth is I'm a pure candy ass when it comes to taking a real stand. I wish I was a hardcore SOB that could say **** the Texans & mean it but one good second half in a losing game has me all excited for next year.

I can hardly wait for the draft so the damn Texans can pull the wool over my eyes just like they always do. No matter what I say come next year I know I'll bend over one more time. It's actually pretty pathetic.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Even though I hate Easterby the sad truth is I'm a pure candy ass when it comes to taking a real stand. I wish I was a hardcore SOB that could say **** the Texans & mean it but one good second half in a losing game has me all excited for next year.

I can hardly wait for the draft so the damn Texans can pull the wool over my eyes just like they always do. No matter what I say come next year I know I'll bend over one more time. It's actually pretty pathetic.
Hello I am bad boy and I am a Texans holic

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
He did not bring that many fans with him.
Thinking of this point. Even looking at this forum. I can only think of two members (ClemsonSomething, DanielTX) who seemed to have joined this forum because of Watson. IMHO. Based on the agenda, the number of Watson fanboys or Watson haters was overstated because of a vocal minority.
I bet there were a whole bunch of Clemson/Watson fan boys in Facebook groups. Or other social media.

This message board is probably too much boomer for a lot of people.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I bet there were a whole bunch of Clemson/Watson fan boys in Facebook groups. Or other social media.

Before he was drafted Houston already had a large fan base. We all knows how fickle the fan base in Houston is. The Texans start winning you can best believe they will show up to the games.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Before he was drafted Houston already had a large fan base. We all knows how fickle the fan base in Houston is. The Texans start winning you can best believe they show up to the games.
If they draft well, the seats will be packed. Mills has been a big spark already. Many will show up just to watch him.

if they can get Thibedeaux or Hutchinson, you’re going to fill a bunch of seats.

then with the lower prices & concessions they’ll probably be selling out before the bye.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yes they are lowering next seasons prices by how long you’ve been a season ticket holder. They are also offering 8 and 10 month interest free payment plans. Plus a $250 Texans card for concessions.

if that doesn’t speak to “we are losing our fan base” not sure what does.
I had tickets from the first playoff year to the Covid year. I renewed this year because I enjoyed tailgating with my friends and I like going to the game. Well I went to a total of ONE game this year.

Couldn’t sell my tickets at a two for one ($80 for a pair) price. Last four or five games I gave them away to folks in my tailgate group.

I have til Feb 4 to make up my mind if I want to renew for next year.

I don’t care what the numbers say, attendance sucked this year. Parking lots were ghost towns. So were the seats in the stadium
Well said. All signs point to rampant fan discontent. This ain't our first rodeo.

I have yet to read one valid support of the idea that fans are happy just to have a team and Easterby is a great front office executive. lol

You can still follow the team and root for them without giving them any of your hard-earned money. Many (if not most) of us on this message board fall into that category. Many of us were season ticket holders and regular tailgaters.

I'm not happy or believe in the owner or front office, but I'm still loyal to the team. Like Lucky said, we will outlast any of the jackholes in the front office, and maybe even Cal. They only way they lose my loyalty is moving to Tennessee! lol

'eh, if by boomer you mean we do not tolerate that reddit flame war BS and toxic posting, then yeah, all of that. :fingergun:

I have no doubt that this place will pick up a lot of traffic when the Texans become relevant again. We've seen the ebb and flow over the years. The two 2-14 seasons were pretty slow, as well.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Well said. All signs point to rampant fan discontent. This ain't our first rodeo.

I have yet to read one valid support of the idea that fans are happy just to have a team and Easterby is a great front office executive. lol

You can still follow the team and root for them without giving them any of your hard-earned money. Many (if not most) of us on this message board fall into that category. Many of us were season ticket holders and regular tailgaters.

I'm not happy or believe in the owner or front office, but I'm still loyal to the team. Like Lucky said, we will outlast any of the jackholes in the front office, and maybe even Cal. They only way they lose my loyalty is moving to Tennessee! lol

'eh, if by boomer you mean we do not tolerate that reddit flame war BS and toxic posting, then yeah, all of that. :fingergun:

I have no doubt that this place will pick up a lot of traffic when the Texans become relevant again. We've seen the ebb and flow over the years. The two 2-14 seasons were pretty slow, as well.
I meant boomer by technology standards. Message boards are more for older people like us.

Not for those who are more accustomed to Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I meant boomer by technology standards. Message boards are more for older people like us.

Not for those who are more accustomed to Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.
I gotcha'. I think the forum discussions are more to my liking simply because it's on-going conversations about a given subject and allows us to have deeper conversations.

I dropped out of FB a while back due to. . . reasons. lol And I don't have much use for the rest of them, so yeah, I completely agree with you.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Just waking up. I had this horrible dream. Texan's ownership made O'Brien GM, he traded Hopkins for a washed up running back, the Texans lost a whole bunch of games, Watson got busted for sexual assault (ha ha, like that would happen!), Watt left, and then they hired some random guy to be HC and continued to lose a whole bunch more games with no end in sight.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm glad that the Clemson trash has been/is being taken out the doors of Kirby.

You weren't going to win with then anyway.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
if they can get Thibedeaux or Hutchinson, you’re going to fill a bunch of seats.
If the Texans were to somehow get Hutchinson that would very likely probably be the case because he's a big blond-headed Dlineman in the Big Ten who would immediately be viewed by many fans here as a JJ redux, who has been hands down the most popular player ever to wear a Texans uni.
Problem is it's unlikely that that the Lions, who draft before us of course, would leave the Michigan kid on their Board, and Caserio will probably draft whoever he damn well pleases with little consideration for fans sentiment.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
If the Texans were to somehow get Hutchinson that would very likely probably be the case because he's a big blond-headed Dlineman in the Big Ten who would immediately be viewed by many fans here as a JJ redux, who has been hands down the most popular player ever to wear a Texans uni.
Problem is it's unlikely that that the Lions, who draft before us of course, would leave the Michigan kid on their Board, and Caserio will probably draft whoever he damn well pleases with little consideration for fans sentiment.
I certainly hope so. :D

:coffee:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

badboy

Hall of Fame
I would like to think that Howard is the left tackle of the future but only based on a handful of games that I've actually seen him play there. In my opinion he is definitely not a left guard. I was extremely disappointed in the Texans not leaving Howard at left tackle to see what they had especially after he improved his play by cutting down his penalties. Another reason I am glad head coach and offensive coordinator are gone. I would not be disappointed if camping follows them out the door if not already.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I would like to think that Howard is the left tackle of the future but only based on a handful of games that I've actually seen him play there. In my opinion he is definitely not a left guard. I was extremely disappointed in the Texans not leaving Howard at left tackle to see what they had especially after he improved his play by cutting down his penalties. Another reason I am glad head coach and offensive coordinator are gone. I would not be disappointed if camping follows them out the door if not already.
Yeah well, when you trade your entire future for a stud LT you are kind of forced to keep him there. Howard was just unlucky with how things played out.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yeah well, when you trade your entire future for a stud LT you are kind of forced to keep him there. Howard was just unlucky with how things played out.
Plus Howard is just an avg player at best. He doesn't have the feet to play LT against the elite pass rushers in the NFL. He can play and look good at LT against NYJ/Jags/Seahawks of the world. Not so good against the Bosa's/Watt's/Miller's of the world.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Plus Howard is just an avg player at best. He doesn't have the feet to play LT against the elite pass rushers in the NFL. He can play and look good at LT against NYJ/Jags/Seahawks of the world. Not so good against the Bosa's/Watt's/Miller's of the world.
Other than Nick Bosa, the others mentioned go up against the RT 90% of the time

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That's fine. We expect him to win some, lose some against elite pass rushers. That's not going to hurt Mills' development if we have to chip with RBs & TEs on elite pass rushers.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I read another blip today that in many ways could justify my thoughts that the WFT and the NY Giants could be major players in the Watson sweepstakes.

WFT HC Ron Rivera mentioned to folks he couldn’t imagine why Deshaun Watson wouldn’t want to come to Washington. WFT has the want and they have the cap space to give Watson a new home. They also has a pretty good defense in place. I don’t think Washington or Snyder want to concede the NFC East to the Cowboys. They are players and have the financial means to make it happen.

The other team….New York Giants need a QB, HC and GM (soon). It appears the Giants could make it a package deal where both parts of the possible package need a mutual place to call home. I think the Giants could be ready to pounce on Brian Flores and make him an offer can’t refuse….money and Watson. Flores was the primary pusher in Miami for the Dolphins to get Watson. Watson told the Texans he’d only waive his NTC if he were traded to the Dolphins. The Giants can make this happen by signing Flores and making Watson a primary target in the off-season. Flores could help the Giants pick-up where the Dolphins left off in getting a deal in place for Watson. Gettleman may or may not be the GM when this process is started. I see the Giants moving on Flores asap or before the Texans have a chance to make an offer. Not to mention, the Giants trump card could be their willingness to pursue Watson who will never suit up for the Texans again. A HC like Flores may like his chances better with a QB like Watson. Also, I believe Watson has included the NY Giants as a team he would waive his NTC for.

I believe Lucky mentioned a similar scenario where Watson might like his chances better with the NY Giants since they would probably be looking for a new GM and HC at season’s end.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Which is another reason I hope Caserio drafts Neal and keeps Tunsil.
I dunno why was Tunsil AWOL for much of or most of the latter part of the 2021 season in terms of game time ?
The reports as I recall indicated he had an injury to a pinky which would seem to be a rather feeble excuse for missing so much time.
If the injury report is accurate would you want to keep that player on the roster as the one to count on to protect your QBs blind-side?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I dunno why was Tunsil AWOL for much of or most of the latter part of the 2021 season in terms of game time ?
The reports as I recall indicated he had an injury to a pinky which would seem to be a rather feeble excuse for missing so much time.
If the injury report is accurate would you want to keep that player on the roster as the one to count on to protect your QBs blind-side?

And the answer is yes, but if he doesn't want to be here so be it. But you'll never convince me that if he doesn't want to stay the Texans on field product wouldn't be better over the next 3-5 yrs with Tunsil playing at the LT position.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Not so fast on Camping.
The Oline started showing some improvement this year and perhaps it was he who unlocked Howard's LT ability.
Mills is looking better so as he gets better, the oline will also improve - they help each other out.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Not so fast on Camping.
The Oline started showing some improvement this year and perhaps it was he who unlocked Howard's LT ability.
Mills is looking better so as he gets better, the oline will also improve - they help each other out.
I don't know who Camping is, but what you say makes sense

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
it was a thumb and we will see how this turns out.

I've heard that Caserio shut Tunsil down for the yr, gave them a chance to evaluate Christian and realize that he's a swing
What makes you think Howard is the future at LT? Certainly his play on the field wouldn't make you think this. He's closer to busty than a pro bowler.