Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I believe Caserio does have the ultimate authority over football operations but Easterby even though he sits underneath Caserio in the org chart has a stronger connection to ownership. And IMO Easterby would win a battle over Caserio if it came down to it with Gameboy C.
I think you have Easterby too high up. Who won the battle to give Watson his new contract, OB or Easterby? Unless Easterby was completely onboard with Watson getting that new contract I’d have to say it was OB who was in the drivers seat. Easterby has his place in the organization but you can bet your bottom dollar it’s not making decisions for Caserio. The Texans are Caserio’s show.

Last edited:
I think you have Easterby too high up. Who won the battle to give Watson his new contract, OB or Easterby? Unless Easterby was completely onboard with Watson getting that new contract I’d have to say it was OB who was in the drivers seat. Easterby has his place in the organization but you can bet your bottom dollar it’s not making decisions for Caserio. The Texans are Caserio’s show.
In football operations I pointed out that Caserio is above Easterby in the org chart. However, my main point is that Easterby is not just a Texans' employee but also a confidant of Gameboy C and probably has an occasional chat with Janice too. He knows Caserio has the football ops, heck he put Cal on that plane to go get him. Caserio's job will be based on the performance of the team, Easterby's job is not so he's firmly entrenched. It's best of both worlds, he has influence without having the final say nor accountability. That pastor is gangsta!

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

wildroot

Rookie
I believe that since Caserio and Easterby are friends, that Easterby will stay in his lane and leave the football side of the operations up to Caserio. Atleast that's what both Cal/Easterby have tried to tell us. Like I said you can choose to believe them or not. I choose to believe them because since Caserio has been on Kirby there's been no reason to believe they're not telling the truth. If this changes you can believe I will be the 1st to point this out, and I will not only be cancelling my season tickets. But I will be done with the franchise as long as the McNair's own the team. In short I cant stand being lied too.
The picture of Easterby on the sidelines up in Culley's sh!t during the TN game on the HC (post #614) Thread? Easterby's lane is pretty wide. This was the Tennesse game we won at the end of November.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I guess you saw that pic of Easterby on the sidelines up in Culley's sh!t during the TN game on the HC (post #614) Thread? Easterby's lane is pretty wide. This was the Tennesse game we won at the end of November.
Our record was 1-3 at the end of November? Look again.
You're right, Oct.10 we lost to NE 25-22.
It was a photoshop picture. A bad one too.

Not everything you see on the internet is true.

You were being trolled.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Yea I to think that Nicks the man and despite all of the negative comments we get about him and all things NE from the de facto troll I'm all -in with Caserio !

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Yea I to think that Nicks the man and despite all of the negative comments we get about him and all things NE from the de facto troll I'm all -in with Caserio !
I think we see Easterby shrinking back into the role he’s meant to have, comforting injured players on the sideline.
It’s ridiculous that he ended up with the interim GM title, but perhaps the people who had been purged needed to go, the only one I can complain about is Chris Olsen who did seem to run a tight ship with the cap (although we didn’t ever become a contender with his way of doing things so there is that).

As for Nick Caserio, I’m happy to see where the road takes us, it certainly hasn’t run its course yet and he has a few years to see how he’s getting on in my book. Hoping for the best.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
25? The Texans finished tied for the 12th best record of the decade. Bring out the cheer squad.

"We're #12!, we're #12!"

Not off to great start to match the glory of the 2010's, already 17 games below .500.
Thinking about this. The Jags have a significantly worst record. However, they did have that one playoff run where they got to the AFCCG and lost 24-20 to the Patriots. At least for a short period, based on their playoff performance, their fans believe they had an actual chance to make the Super Bowl.

Random thought: If Texans fans had to choose between having the #12 record or a lower ranking but 1 or 2 AFCCG appearances during the decade, which one would you take?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Random thought: If Texans fans had to choose between having the #12 record or a lower ranking but 1 or 2 AFCCG appearances during the decade, which one would you take?
Normally I'd say the AFCCG. but they didn't win & it did basically nothing for them.

Hopefully in the next decade the Texans can be a team favored to be in that game

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Thinking about this. The Jags have a significantly worst record. However, they did have that one playoff run where they got to the AFCCG and lost 24-20 to the Patriots. At least for a short period, based on their playoff performance, their fans believe they had an actual chance to make the Super Bowl.

AFCCG

No doubt.

Texian

Hall of Fame
25? The Texans finished tied for the 12th best record of the decade. Bring out the cheer squad.

"We're #12!, we're #12!"

Not off to great start to match the glory of the 2010's, already 17 games below .500.
The 82 wins is the lowest # of wins of the eight divisions. 5 games above .500. This is pretty much who the Texans were, winning games against .500 or < teams and losing against teams that were > .500.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
This will probably surprise a lot of people...........

View attachment 9574
Surprised by what? Where the Texans are? Not really. They're tied for the division lead at just 4 games above .500. Kings of mediocre. And it tells you how crappy that division has been. Not to mention the fact that every team in that division other than the Texans, have been to an AFC title game.

There's also the fact that these standings are for 2010-2019.
If you go back the last 10 years from now, 2012-2021, those standings change a little:
Ind 90-71
Ten 77-84
Hou 74-87
Jac 42-119

So there's that.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Omenihu was not burning up the field when he was playing, and the Texans needed to know what they had in other players. As a rebuild, this isn't uncommon. But Omenihu could not accept it and actually became disruptive.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Omenihu was not burning up the field when he was playing, and the Texans needed to know what they had in other players. As a rebuild, this isn't uncommon. But Omenihu could not accept it and actually became disruptive.
I could buy that easier, if Mercilus wasn't getting snaps while Omenihu was inactive.

It doesn't really matter to me if Omenihu is here or not. He occasionally flashed, but wasn't going to be an impact player here. At least Caserio got something back for him. If it were just Omenihu, I would write his comments off as a guy with sour grapes. But, it's the same thing from every guy that leaves NRG. A circus. A prison. It's something the next head coach has to address. The next coach should be the guy responsible for the team "culture."

The Patriots mantra is "Do your job." That hasn't translated here. I want to see the players play. The coaches coach. The front office do what front offices are supposed to do. Stay off the headphones. Stay off the practice field. Do your job.