Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I never understood getting rid of Mancz.
O'Brien refused to believe his lying eyes and thought Martin was good enough to be a long term starter and worth a 3 year $33 million contract extension. One ranking had Martin as the 5th best center in a four team division, but O'Brien and Easterby knew better and felt they didn't need Mancz as depth.

Also, I vaguely recall @CloakNNNdagger mentioning Mancz's chronic shoulder problems. However, I always wondered if Mancz and even Fulton were better and cheaper options at center.

badboy

Hall of Fame
O'Brien refused to believe his lying eyes and thought Martin was good enough to be a long term starter and worth a 3 year $33 million contract extension. One ranking had Martin as the 5th best center in a four team division, but O'Brien and Easterby knew better and felt they didn't need Mancz as depth.

Also, I vaguely recall @CloakNNNdagger mentioning Mancz's chronic shoulder problems. However, I always wondered if Mancz and even Fulton were better and cheaper options at center.
I believe that the injuries played a greater role in allowing mancz to leave.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I haven’t watched the Titans much this year but I saw a ranking saying Quessenberry is proving to be another who was better than what was starting in front of him, which is a real shame considering the years they stood by him thorough illness to then let him go start for a division rival.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Perhaps this answers your question that you had earlier about whether he could hold down left tackle for a season or two if we traded laremy tunsil?
I didn't care what pff says, Christian has been the opposite of good.

Why do you think that the ol has looked so bad with Britt/ Tunsil out?

Perhaps somebody needs to start up another unrealistic trade thread.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I didn't care what off says, Christian has been the opposite of good.

Why do you think that the ol has looked so bad with Brittany Tunsil out?

Perhaps somebody needs to start up another unrealistic trade thread.
Don’t skip over the Browns, Panthers, and Bills games. I believe Tunsil was gone before or during the Patriots game. This OL has been in crapper since the Jags game.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Don’t skip over the Browns, Panthers, and Bills games. I believe Tunsil was gone before or during the Patriots game. This OL has been in crapper since the Jags game.
Actually since the Panthers game and Kelly was running the most simple offense possible since it was Mills 1st start. The Bills game the entire team was not only lacking in talent when it came to matching the Bills in talent, they looked like a team that just wanted to hurry up and get out of the rain. Since then the OL has looked like crap and alot of that had to do with playing good defenses but the lack of development (Partly due to injuries to Tunsil/Britt) has been disappointing. On the bright side Heck has been playing fairly well at RT.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Actually since the Panthers game and Kelly was running the most simple offense possible since it was Mills 1st start. The Bills game the entire team was not only lacking in talent when it came to matching the Bills in talent, they looked like a team that just wanted to hurry up and get out of the rain. Since then the OL has looked like crap and alot of that had to do with playing good defenses but the lack of development (Partly due to injuries to Tunsil/Britt) has been disappointing. On the bright side Heck has been playing fairly well at RT.
Heck is the one guy I’m counting on to carry over to 2022 and used 2021 to get better at his job. Give him a solid RG and he might get even better.

On a side note, I know we see Tunsil differently but to me….I see the current talent and Tunsil as the right talent for a ZBS versus a Power Blocking Scheme. If the Texans were to bring in a new HC who hired a WC OC….then I could see the entire OL getting another chance in a system that I think is a far better fit for their skill-set.

If not, then I’d like to get those big, mean, nasty, son-of-a-guns who are prolific as run and pass blockers and love to drive their guys into the ground. Sort of like those old Nebraska OL who could get out-paced early but eventually defenses got tired of being hit by these massive humans and they wore down…..then the run would find it’s footing and essentially the game would be over.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Heck is the one guy I’m counting on to carry over to 2022 and used 2021 to get better at his job. Give him a solid RG and he might get even better.

On a side note, I know we see Tunsil differently but to me….I see the current talent and Tunsil as the right talent for a ZBS versus a Power Blocking Scheme. If the Texans were to bring in a new HC who hired a WC OC….then I could see the entire OL getting another chance in a system that I think is a far better fit for their skill-set.

If not, then I’d like to get those big, mean, nasty, son-of-a-guns who are prolific as run and pass blockers and love to drive their guys into the ground. Sort of like those old Nebraska OL who could get out-paced early but eventually defenses got tired of being hit by these massive humans and they wore down…..then the run would find it’s footing and essentially the game would be over.
I think if Caserio drafted a couple of old Nebraska type OL that both Tunsil/Heck would both look alot better. It amazes me that as bad as Howard/Scharping are that Tunsil made 2 consecutive pro bowls. Tunsil being out has really exposed how bad Howard really is. Scharping has always been nothing more than a Lamm type OL that is only playing because of his draft status.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You must be watching different games than the Texans I've been seeing
Any OT is going to look bad with the current OG play.

Last game Miami ran a simple DT/DE stunt that failed to get picked up by the RG, Heck picked up his guy. Yet a sack happened. This is just one example of bad ol play.