Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The Texans are on the hook for 12.3 million dollars for David Johnson no matter what they do. 10.2 million this year & 2.1 million next year. That does not include Duke Johnson's salary. Can they afford anymore on running backs?
If either were hurt and unable to play for an extended period of time.......they'd find the money somewhere, if they found themselves competing for a playoff position. Bell will make a team for the rest of this season....for a veteran's minimum contract....in an effort to improve his opportunities in 2021. So yes, the Texans should be the first team in line to invite him in for a physical.

badboy

Hall of Fame
If we don't want David Johnson , why would someone else want to pay him $9m next year ?
Bell was given over that and as I've posted before Johnson could have a great season encouraging new team to negotiate longer contract dropping 2021 cap hit. We could do that also. A move could include a cut with $2.1 m dead.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Weaver is going to actually hand out a "TO Belt" on the defense? Tell me this isn't real? WTF? Letter jackets and now TO belts? Two weeks later and it's turning into Romper Room on Kirby or what?
Defense needs to generate more turnovers... whatever it takes.
How 'bout just simply using the good technique you were always taught and be willing to give up your body to get it done?

Rather than a belt, this would be more representative AND much more practical!

1602861115018.png

David Irving is now a free agent and marijuana is no long tested for in the NFL...maybe someone to look at if Weaver is as good as believed in working with DL personnel. He hasn't played since 2018, maybe a prove remainder of the year deal?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
David Irving is now a free agent and marijuana is no long tested for in the NFL...maybe someone to look at if Weaver is as good as believed in working with DL personnel. He hasn't played since 2018, maybe a prove remainder of the year deal?

His last 2 years in the NFL, he was dogged with a significant recurrent high ankle sprain issue which allowed him to play only 10 games.

He can still be an issue to a team. The N.F.L.’s looser standards are a big departure from the past. But while players will not be suspended for positive tests, they can be fined several weeks’ salary, depending on the number of positive tests. First-time positive tests will, as before, mean diversion into a league-mandated treatment program. Players who refuse to take part in testing or clinical care can be suspended for 3 games after a 4th violation with escalating penalties for further violations.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
How do they come up with these odd amounts? Is it a percentage of their game check?
There will be possible adjustments to these numbers...........but this is the general basis.:

FINES & APPEALS The NFL/NFLPA's schedule of infractions and fines, and a process for appeal.

ViolationFirst OffenseSecond Offense
Offense Against Game Official
Physical Contact with Official *$35,096$70,194
Verbal or other Non-Physical Offense Against Official *$28,075$56,156

Player Safety Rules and/or Flagrant Personal Foul (including, without limitation):
Striking/Kicking/Kneeing$10,500$15,500
Horse Collar Tackle *$15,000$20,000
Face Mask$10,000$15,000
Leg Whip$15,000$20,000
Late Hit$10,000$15,000
Use of the Helmet/ Spearing/ Launching *$20,000$40,000
Hit on Defenseless Player *$15,000$20,000
Blindside Block *$15,000$20,000
Roughing the Passer *$15,000$20,000
Low Block$10,500$15,500
Chop Block$10,500$15,500
Fighting
Fighting *$35,096$70,194
Leaving Bench Area During a Fight$10,500$15,500
Sportsmanship
Unsportsmanlike Conduct$12,500$17,500
Taunting$10,000$15,000
Football Into Stands$7,000$12,000
Uniform
Foreign Substances on Body/Uniform$5,000$10,000
Chin Straps/Shoulder Pads/ Thigh, Knee Pads/ Over Built Facemask$5,000$10,000
Unapproved Visor Tint or Lack of Brand Marks$5,000$10,000
Personal Messages$10,000$15,000
Unauthorized Logo/ Branding or Intellectual Property$10,000$20,000
Uniform Violations (Socks, Jersey, Undergarments etc.)$5,000$15,000
Gang SigningConsidered conduct detrimental to the League; suspension or fine; severity to be determined in accordance with provisions of the Personal Conduct Policy.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Earl Thomas
Eric Reid
Tim Jernigan
Christian Covington
Olivier Vernon
Brian Poole
Markus Golden
Snacks Harrison
Mackensie Alexander
Jordan Jenkins
JaBaal Sheard
Trumaine Johnson
Tramon Williams
Tre Boston
Xavier Williams

No idea who is available from this list, but we need everyone we can sign. Our defense is trash. Replace everyone not named Watt, Roby and Reid

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Earl Thomas
Eric Reid
Tim Jernigan
Christian Covington
Olivier Vernon
Brian Poole
Markus Golden
Snacks Harrison
Mackensie Alexander
Jordan Jenkins
JaBaal Sheard
Trumaine Johnson
Tramon Williams
Tre Boston
Xavier Williams

No idea who is available from this list, but we need everyone we can sign. Our defense is trash. Replace everyone not named Watt, Roby and Reid
It’s a bit late now. I think when they were looking to bring in Earl Thomas there was still a slim chance at a playoff run. Even today 4-2 would have given us a shot. But we are done now.
Of the guys you list, I’m not sure how many make our D better next year. Quite a few are older stop-gaps.
I’d be concentrating on what contracts we are able to offload before the trade deadline, with particular interest in McKinney or Mercilus leaving.

I struggle to bring myself to want to trade Watt, but I can’t imagine his value lasting to 2022/2023 season when I really see this D having the chance to turn around. Can you offload him now and free up some cap space for the next GM?

Even on a game where he looks good like today you see the running back getting a huge hole inside of him over and over again.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Off of this list I would sign Thomas/Kendricks these 2 guys can cover the TE. There will be many more FA's available in these Covid-19 times that will become available. Sylvester Williams is a FA DT that can help stop the run. He's currently on the Broncos reserve list.
Williams is on the Broncos active roster (called up yesterday from the PS).

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Off of this list I would sign Thomas/Kendricks these 2 guys can cover the TE. There will be many more FA's available in these Covid-19 times that will become available. Sylvester Williams is a FA DT that can help stop the run. He's currently on the Broncos reserve list.
What do you make of the 2 starting DL the Bills are expected to bench tonight? Trent Murphy and Harrison Phillips. That D was great a year ago. But I don’t know much about either player.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What do you make of the 2 starting DL the Bills are expected to bench tonight? Trent Murphy and Harrison Phillips. That D was great a year ago. But I don’t know much about either player.
Both are solid but not great players. The Bills have been ok against the run but no where near as good as last yr