Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Lol too darn funny
What's funny is mentioning Brady in the same sentence as DW4.

Some QB's get it like Elway/Marino/Wilson etc... by their 2nd yr in the league. Some never get it.

This is yr 3 1/2 for DW4 and he still hasn't got it. What makes you think he will, other than fandom?

I will refer you to post 11,882 in this thread.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
Dude you are reaching big time. Nobody and I mean nobody but you is comparing the two. And besides they both play the same darn position QUARTERBACK!!!!! They’re both playing in practically the same freaking system. So wtf can’t any of these quarterbacks be mentioned in the same sentence. What a few are saying is Brady struggled this year with receivers in and out of line up. Watson struggled the same freaking way. The timing is off when you don’t have players who don't understand what routes they should be running in this system. Cecil, Chad Johnson and a host of other players said it takes years to actually learn this system. We don’t have a Wes Welker or Julian Edelman type on this roster. And for darn show don’t have a freaking Gronk. These players knew this scheme through and through. They were in this system for years that’s why Brady trusted them so much. In theory you just can’t have one receiver knowing this system. Brady had the luxury of two of these players on the field. When he just had Edelman, they struggled. His anticipation and accuracy dropped because him and the other receivers were not on the same sheet of music. His offensive line wasn’t great because Brady wasn’t able to be Brady. He couldn’t get the ball out faster. Defense didn’t have to worry about the two headed monster anymore. His offensive line play dropped. The media started painting the picture of “Father Time” strikes again.

Conclusion: nobody is comparing the talents of the two. They’re comparing last years situation.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Dude you are reaching big time. Nobody and I mean nobody but you is comparing the two. And besides they both play the same darn position QUARTERBACK!!!!! They’re both playing in practically the same freaking system. So wtf can’t any of these quarterbacks be mentioned in the same sentence. What a few are saying is Brady struggled this year with receivers in and out of line up. Watson struggled the same freaking way. The timing is off when you don’t have players understand what routes they should be running in this system. Cecil, Chad Johnson and a host of other players said it takes years to actually learn this system. We don’t have a Wes Welker or Julian Edelman type on this roster. And for darn show don’t have a freaking Gronk. These players knew this scheme through and through. They were in this system for years that’s why Brady trusted them so much. In theory you just can’t have one receiver knowing this system. Brady had the luxury of two of these players on the field. When he just had Edelman, they struggled. His anticipation and accuracy dropped because him and the other receivers were not on the same sheet of music. His offensive line wasn’t great because Brady wasn’t able to be Brady. He couldn’t get the ball out faster. Defense didn’t have to worry about the two headed monster anymore. His offensive line play dropped. The media started painting the picture of “Father Time” strikes again.

Conclusion: nobody is comparing the talents of the two. They’re comparing last years situation.
See post 11,882

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Dude you are reaching big time. Nobody and I mean nobody but you is comparing the two. And besides they both play the same darn position QUARTERBACK!!!!! They’re both playing in practically the same freaking system. So wtf can’t any of these quarterbacks be mentioned in the same sentence. What a few are saying is Brady struggled this year with receivers in and out of line up. Watson struggled the same freaking way. The timing is off when you don’t have players who don't understand what routes they should be running in this system. Cecil, Chad Johnson and a host of other players said it takes years to actually learn this system. We don’t have a Wes Welker or Julian Edelman type on this roster. And for darn show don’t have a freaking Gronk. These players knew this scheme through and through. They were in this system for years that’s why Brady trusted them so much. In theory you just can’t have one receiver knowing this system. Brady had the luxury of two of these players on the field. When he just had Edelman, they struggled. His anticipation and accuracy dropped because him and the other receivers were not on the same sheet of music. His offensive line wasn’t great because Brady wasn’t able to be Brady. He couldn’t get the ball out faster. Defense didn’t have to worry about the two headed monster anymore. His offensive line play dropped. The media started painting the picture of “Father Time” strikes again.

It's like trying to make the point that Manning led the NFL with 28 INTs his rookie year and in his 4th year, he still threw 23 INTs. You could make the point Marino threw 44 combined INTs in his 6th and 7th year. It doesn't matter.

If you give him stats of other QBs at the same point in their careers, you are comparing QBs. How do you even try to reason with someone who doesn't use stats or understand context.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It's like trying to make the point that Manning led the NFL with 28 INTs his rookie year and in his 4th year, he still threw 23 INTs. You could make the point Marino threw 44 combined INTs in his 6th and 7th year. It doesn't matter.

If you give him stats of other QBs at the same point in their careers, you are comparing QBs. How do you even try to reason with someone who doesn't use stats or understand context.
Well I’ve noticed when someone doesn’t like certain players/coaches/ general managers, they will go out there way to discredit those specific facts. They will continue to echo their agenda. As you can see every year dude comes up with something new. He did it with RS. Now no matter what Watson does he will throw salt at this youngsters game. Disclaimer: Maverick I know we have a few that will do the same towards O’Brien.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Well I’ve noticed when someone doesn’t like certain players/coaches/ general managers, they will go out there way to discredit those specific facts. They will continue to echo their agenda. As you can see every year dude comes up with something new. He did it with RS. Now no matter what Watson does he will throw salt at this youngsters game. Disclaimer: Maverick I know we have a few that will do the same towards O’Brien.
Agenda

Read post 11,882

Texansballer74

The Marine
Agenda

Read post 11,882
Yes your agenda is very prevalent when it comes to Watson. Not one time have you attempted to actually breakdown exactly what’s going on out there. Not one time have you factor in the piss poor line play. The inconsistency in the play calling. Yes you’ve said O’Brien should be fired. But you’re not harping on that like you’re doing when it comes to Watson. Carl was only here for a year but you didn’t say, “ well let’s start this thing over like you did for O’Brien when Smith bounced.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes your agenda is very prevalent when it comes to Watson. Not one time have you attempted to actually breakdown exactly what’s going on out there. Not one time have you factor in the piss poor line play. The inconsistency in the play calling. Yes you’ve said O’Brien should be fired. But you’re not harping on that like you’re doing when it comes to Watson. Carl was only here for a year but you didn’t say, “ well let’s start this thing over like you did for O’Brien when Smith bounced.
Post 11,882

Texansballer74

The Marine
For what? Watson doesn’t look for the home run play all the times. And he’s a darn student of the game. Very coachable. Bill O’Brien and staff ( offense) is not doing a good job delivering what they want.

Why do you think receivers are routinely running the wrong routes?

Why are the linemen constantly blowing their blocking assignments?

Why can’t we run a proper running back screen?

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
@Texansballer74 - please reference post #188 in the "OBrien is Emperor" thread and you will get the truth ... right from the horses mouth!! LOL

sometimes all you can do is:

reminds me of this quote: "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever" - Aristophanes; 400 BC

LMAO Edit: Aristophanes was an ancient greek comic/playwright - he was not a philosopher LOLLLL the irony is AWESOME.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Moving right along. I suggest you do the same champ.

Aka : Sensitive lol
Not sensitive at all

But thanks for changing your mind about me after your posts in the RS thread.

That post really just sums my thoughts on this subject very succinctly and saves time.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
@Texansballer74 - please reference post #188 in the "OBrien is Emperor" thread and you will get the truth ... right from the horses mouth!! LOL

sometimes all you can do is:

reminds me of this quote: "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever" - Aristophanes; 400 BC
If I want psychology classes, I will go back to college.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
For what? Watson doesn’t look for the home run play all the times. And he’s a darn student of the game. Very coachable. Bill O’Brien and staff ( offense) is not doing a good job delivering what they want.

Why do you think receivers are routinely running the wrong routes?

Why are the linemen constantly blowing their blocking assignments?

Why can’t we run a proper running back screen?
All of those scenarios depict players that are not remembering the plays or learning them properly. I see nothing wrong with expecting someone you're paying millions to, to put in proper effort. And if they can't, it's time to move on and find players that will.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Texans rookie offensive guard Max Scharping led the AFC South champions with a $257,393 performance-based pay bonus.

NFL players will receive $147.952 million in performance-based pay for the 2019 season. It's a collectively-bargained benefit compensating all players, including rookies, based on playing time and salary levels.

There was also another $83.2 million in benefits, $2.6 million per team, for a veteran performance based pay.

Players have been paid a total of $1.8 billion through the performance-based pay program since its inception in 2002.

badboy

Hall of Fame
All of those scenarios depict players that are not remembering the plays or learning them properly. I see nothing wrong with expecting someone you're paying millions to, to put in proper effort. And if they can't, it's time to move on and find players that will.
And three of those linemen playing significant snaps were basically rookies,Tunsil first season this offense and having a mobile Watson to block for. Another reason to hope improvement this season.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And three of those linemen playing significant snaps were basically rookies,Tunsil first season this offense and having a mobile Watson to block for. Another reason to hope improvement this season.
You talking about a mobile DW4 running into sacks, or holding onto the ball to long, causing sacks and making the ol look bad?

badboy

Hall of Fame
You talking about a mobile DW4 running into sacks, or holding onto the ball to long, causing sacks and making the ol look bad?
that one and the Watson that scrambled around often turning a loss into a gain because his offensive line didn't do their job or the wide receiver didn't run correct Route or efficiently. Same QB. I am hopeful he improves as well as the other players.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
that one and the Watson that scrambled around often turning a loss into a gain because his offensive line didn't do their job or the wide receiver didn't run correct Route or efficiently. Same QB. I am hopeful he improves as well as the other players.
Exactly. Don't know why this has to be repeated so many times. Watson, the WRs AND OL can improve. You look at Watson's numbers from a "clean" pocket and you know with improvement the sacks will decrease.

Last edited:

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Don't know why this has to be repeated so many times. Watson, the WRs AND OL can improve. You look at Watson's numbers from a "clean" pocket and you know with improvement the sacks will decrease.

My thoughts exactly.

People are quick to point out when DW4's mobility leads to a sack... but yet, don't also factor in how much his mobility has saved a sack. When DW4 gets a clean pocket (just like any other elite QB), he's dangerous! Let's aim for him getting more clean pockets, instead of simply claiming he's not good enough when he doesn't.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My thoughts exactly.

People are quick to point out when DW4's mobility leads to a sack... but yet, don't also factor in how much his mobility has saved a sack. When DW4 gets a clean pocket (just like any other elite QB), he's dangerous! Let's aim for him getting more clean pockets, instead of simply claiming he's not good enough when he doesn't.
He's not good throwing from the pocket.

Texansballer74

The Marine
My thoughts exactly.

Spot on. The reason being, they just don’t like the youngster.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I dont like his inconsistent play and lack of improvement after 3 yrs in the NFL. I dont expect him to get better because that would require DW4 to change.
And Manning turned the ball over three times as much as this kid in three damn years. Just be honest and admit you just don’t like this kid. You’re acting like he came into a perfect freaking situation here. You’re acting like we have a freaking top 5 offensive line.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And Manning turned the ball over three times as much as this kid in three damn years. Just be honest say you just don’t like this kid. You’re acting like he came into a perfect freaking situation here. You’re acting like we have a freaking top 5 offensive line.
I like him but I dont think he's improved and his deficiencies cant be overcome. In short like I've said, I dont think you can win a championship with DW4.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Using PFF when it suits your argument and discounting it when it doesn't.

The only 2 stats that matter IMHO are W/L

And how many good games did DW4 have last yr vs bad games and what were the quality of defenses DW4 faced last yr.
If that's all you care about, he was 11-7 last season, better than 78% of the other QBs in the league. Pretty good, right?

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Using PFF when it suits your argument and discounting it when it doesn't.

The only 2 stats that matter IMHO are W/L

And how many good games did DW4 have last yr vs bad games and what were the quality of defenses DW4 faced last yr.
Here you are reacting positively to Tunsil's PFF grade. Now find one post where I'm discounting PFF. Personally, I find PFF as just another evaluation tool. However, find a post where I'm discounting PFF and I will like every post you make today.

Last edited: