Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Anyone think the Texans could pull off the ultimate dual-fecto signing of both DT- Chris Jones (KC) and DE- Josh Allen (JAX)?

I’m not sure either KC or JAX have the cap space to use the Franchise Tag on either player nor the ability to get them under a market value contract.

Could the Texans make offers to both guys at 5 years and 32M for Jones and 28M for Allen annually…..would those offers be strong enough for the player and their agents to seriously consider them? This type of contract would probably have to be front loaded via a signing bonus to keep their cap space manageable going forward. Also, 4 years guaranteed with a player option for the 5th year?

If a couple of players like this could be added……CB and SS would be the only 2 positions needed on defense. A power rush of Allen, Jones, and Anderson Jr should be enough to make even the current roster of DB’s look more than salvageable.

Last edited:
Of course.........Pierce was a long-established power runner forced into an non power running scheme because of limited scheme-related OL personel.

Texans will persist with him one more season and try to coach him up more for their scheme - I imagine Slowik will dream up some more suitable plays for him.
If he doesn't work out after that, then he will probably be a castoff or traded and thrive on another team and look like he did his rookie year.🙄
A real shame he didn't look like it this season - our run game would have looked much more effective and helped out the team.

Texans will persist with him one more season and try to coach him up more for their scheme - I imagine Slowik will dream up some more suitable plays for him.
If he doesn't work out after that, then he will probably be a castoff or traded and thrive on another team and look like he did his rookie year.🙄
A real shame he didn't look like it this season - our run game would have looked much more effective and helped out the team.

He’s a player that I would have expected the Pats to buy low on back in the day and turn into a pro bowler.

Like Campbell said, next year will be totally different. It’s not just players and coaches. Yeah, we’ll get our prime time games, but we’ll have much tougher schedule, and teams will be gunning for us. This “one or two years away” thing is a croc.
Or it may not be...

I am hoping he comes down with a mysterious ailment or coughing/ cold that keeps him out of the game. Are they even having a game this year? I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in quite some time.
Agree.
I think they just play some form of flag ball, but that's enough for a guy to potentially blow out a knee. CJ please just call in sick.

Agree.
I think they just play some form of flag ball, but that's enough for a guy to potentially blow out a knee. CJ please just call in sick.

In 1999 I tore my left ACL playing in the Air It Out FF tournament at Southfork Ranch up in Parker TX.

I'll never forget the sound it made, sounded like a 6ft rubber band popping in mid air, and I had to drive a manual home, that sucked!

CJ needs to come up with any excuse he can, stay away!

Anyone think the Texans could pull off the ultimate dual-fecto signing of both DT- Chris Jones (KC) and DE- Josh Allen (JAX)?

I’m not sure either KC or JAX have the cap space to use the Franchise Tag on either player nor the ability to get them under a market value contract.

Could the Texans make offers to both guys at 5 years and 32M for Jones and 28M for Allen annually…..would those offers be strong enough for the player and their agents to seriously consider them? This type of contract would probably have to be front loaded via a signing bonus to keep their cap space manageable going forward. Also, 4 years guaranteed with a player option for the 5th year?

If a couple of players like this could be added……CB and SS would be the only 2 positions needed on defense. A power rush of Allen, Jones, and Anderson Jr should be enough to make even the current roster of DB’s look more than salvageable.
Your post and my reply may need to be moved to free agency threads however I will try to address it in my opinion. I think we we'll see players flocking to the Texans this offseason. Win or lose super bowl, I think Chris Jones is gone. I think he would love to have the chance to help bring Houston to the Super Bowl and spit in the eye of his former team's management. Josh Allen has already expressed frustration and indignation and possibly anger at the Jags for not extended him during the season.
Players such as these should be looking for guaranteed money and job security ie lengthy contracts and team fits.

Teams wanting our coaches; RDPOY; ROPOY with all the accolades that Stroud has received this year. Demeco Ryan's with his honors and defensive system that matches both of these players and an ownership that stepped up and is offering improved packages to coaches; all of these are as pollen to honey bees.
I fully expect to see free agents like this accepting what we would refer to as Hometown discounts to be where their skills will not only be appreciated but paid for with a ring possible. Young and dynamic team and bringing in Free Agents of this quality as quickly as possible only makes bringing in others or possible trades happen.
I would open negotiations March 13th with Chris Jones and Josh Allen offering both 5-year 140 million contracts signing bonus of 40 million. As I have stated before, the focus should be on as much guaranteed money as Nick feels comfortable with and I do not think it will be as high as others have mentioned. Also with both of them and more so Alan due to his age, I would offer both a $20 million minimum roster bonus that becomes effective March 15th of the last year of the contract. That should be easily met and would be a guarantee likely to happen. As I've also posted, that roster bonus could be then prorated over other years to extend if needed or over void years. We want to keep 2024 with as much cap to attract some big hitters. I also would offer the same contract to Jaylon Johnson. I want to keep cap hits for 2024 ~$10 m and minimum base salaries for Veterans under 7 years is < $2m.

Another huge advantage would be offering unlikely to be earned incentives that if met would impact 2025 season cap.

Your post and my reply may need to be moved to free agency threads however I will try to address it in my opinion. I think we we'll see players flocking to the Texans this offseason. Win or lose super bowl, I think Chris Jones is gone. I think he would love to have the chance to help bring Houston to the Super Bowl and spit in the eye of his former team's management. Josh Allen has already expressed frustration and indignation and possibly anger at the Jags for not extended him during the season.
Players such as these should be looking for guaranteed money and job security ie lengthy contracts and team fits.

Teams wanting our coaches; RDPOY; ROPOY with all the accolades that Stroud has received this year. Demeco Ryan's with his honors and defensive system that matches both of these players and an ownership that stepped up and is offering improved packages to coaches; all of these are as pollen to honey bees.
I fully expect to see free agents like this accepting what we would refer to as Hometown discounts to be where their skills will not only be appreciated but paid for with a ring possible. Young and dynamic team and bringing in Free Agents of this quality as quickly as possible only makes bringing in others or possible trades happen.
I would open negotiations March 13th with Chris Jones and Josh Allen offering both 5-year 140 million contracts signing bonus of 40 million. As I have stated before, the focus should be on as much guaranteed money as Nick feels comfortable with and I do not think it will be as high as others have mentioned. Also with both of them and more so Alan due to his age, I would offer both a $20 million minimum roster bonus that becomes effective March 15th of the last year of the contract. That should be easily met and would be a guarantee likely to happen. As I've also posted, that roster bonus could be then prorated over other years to extend if needed or over void years. We want to keep 2024 with as much cap to attract some big hitters. I also would offer the same contract to Jaylon Johnson. I want to keep cap hits for 2024 ~$10 m and minimum base salaries for Veterans under 7 years is < $2m.

Another huge advantage would be offering unlikely to be earned incentives that if met would impact 2025 season cap.

I’d be on board with this if Caserio and Ryans could make it happen. It’s absolutely amazing how one season, with everyone in the Texans organization on the same page, has impacted the way players around the league now view the team. In 2022, players would’ve laughed in the face Caserio for even calling them……today, those free agents are waiting for Caserio and Ryans call.

As for the team’s current defensive free agents, I think a commitment to Jones and Allen would show them that the team is committed to making a run at the Super Bowl….they may agree to team friendly deals so they can be part of what’s going to happen.

Like I mentioned earlier, if the Texans were to land (2) such top performing defensive linemen, the draft focus could turn to a SS and CB. Jaden Hicks (Washington State) would be my SS target and should be on the board in RD2. Not sure he’d still be on the board in RD3. I’d also like to target CB, Mike Sainristil of Michigan as a solid playmaker to pair with Stingley.

So I can make use of a Christmas/Birthday gift...Texans desk calendar trivia for February 1

Against what visiting team did the Texans post a season high for points in a 41-29 win week 16 of 2021?

Obviously you can look this up in less than 30 seconds, but play along with the spirit.

I will confirm this evening.

I am hoping he comes down with a mysterious ailment or coughing/ cold that keeps him out of the game. Are they even having a game this year? I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in quite some time.
the game is now a flag football game...nothing serious going on in probowls anymore

So I can make use of a Christmas/Birthday gift...Texans desk calendar trivia for February 1

Against what visiting team did the Texans post a season high for points in a 41-29 win week 16 of 2021?

Obviously you can look this up in less than 30 seconds, but play along with the spirit.

I will confirm this evening.
The COVID ridden Chargers.

Reactions: JB
Name the two Texans WRs that each went over 100 yards receiving in a 2020 week 13 loss to the Colts.

the game is now a flag football game...nothing serious going on in probowls anymore

They need to make this a Madden match of All Pro’s with each position having a controller. I think players and fans would have a lot more fun with this versus any other watered down version of football……at least this wouldn’t open players up to injury.

They need to make this a Madden match of All Pro’s with each position having a controller. I think players and fans would have a lot more fun with this versus any other watered down version of football……at least this wouldn’t open players up to injury.
What you're wanting is a Jetson's game of robotic football

Keke Coutee - 8 rec 141 yds
Chad Hansen - 5 rec 105 yds
Yeah...I would not gotten that even with a look at the roster...the obvious would have been cooks and Fuller. I vaguely recall Hansen playing above expected

Guess thats the difference between a lot of us football fans. I want them to return to the days of old where players actually played and gave effort....where it meant something to get elected to the Pro bowl....this new era of football is too soft and has been watered down and wussified.

Guess thats the difference between a lot of us football fans. I want them to return to the days of old where players actually played and gave effort....where it meant something to get elected to the Pro bowl....this new era of football is too soft and has been watered down and wussified.

Why would you want your players hurt in a game they’re playing in because of a popularity contest?

Water it down to shots on the beach!

cheerleaders in bikinis!

Last edited:
Why would you want your players hurt in a game they playing in because of a popularity contest?

Water it down to shots on the beach!

cheerleaders in bikinis!
wussification at its best...smh...then why play football at all? why play football in pads...in your utopia it players would be in underwear like in the combine with flags on. Thats not my style of football.

wussification at its best...smh...then why play football at all? why play football in pads...in your utopia it players would be in underwear like in the combine with flags on. Thats not my style of football.

For a game that means nothing?

Let em wear pjs for all I care, no reason for anyone to get hurt.

Players contracts usually reward them for making a pro bowl or an All-Pro nomination. We don't have to have a game for that. That's strictly the owners trying to make more money.

then why play football at all?

To make the playoffs for a chance to go to and win a Super Bowl for the team that pays you millions of dollars to do so.

Look, I loved the Pro Bowl way back in the day when it was still a real game. I don’t think it’s so much about players being soft. It‘s more about the big money involved and the potential to lose out getting injured in game that has no implications whatsoever. With the mega salaries, in all sports not just football, these all-star games just aren’t worth the risk. The only one that still has a real game feel to it is baseball and that’s because you really can’t half ass your way there.

What they’re doing with the Pro Bowl now is fine. It’s like when athletes used to have these competitions back on Wide World of Sports or whatever. I still won’t be watching but that’s better than going out there and risking injury in a game that means absolutely nothing, or playing the game like it’s a walk through practice, which I also wasn’t watching.

"Really excited," Stroud said about building on the team's success. "We've got a lot of good pieces coming back, probably add some pieces that we need. Lot of moving parts, but it should be fun."

user-expressly-acknowledges-agrees-downloading-75740993.jpg

Fiddy

Back