Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Does anyone think it would be worth it to use a draft pick to bring in another receiver right now?
Do we strike while the iron is still hot?

Next Sunday’s game against the Browns is very interesting. Two teams with similar circumstances:

Both teams have overcome key injuries to stay in the playoff hunt. The Browns OL is in shambles right now, if any team comes close to the Texans injury count it is this one.

Despite having every reason to fold, both teams keep finding ways to win. Usually in the game’s final moments. It’s safe to expect this week will be no exception.

However, the Texans need this win just a little bit more and “should” get CJ Stroud back. Hopefully that and it being a home game is enough to beat the Browns.

Just wondering about whether CK's handoff technique is conducive to better RB performance?
If so, that is something CJ needs to key in on.

Just wondering about whether CK's handoff technique is conducive to better RB performance?
If so, that is something CJ needs to key in on.

Could be part of it. But they also got away from Beck being part of the plans.

I liked how CK used his feet to freeze defenders opening up the passing lane for the Noah Brown td. Plenty of teaching tape for CJ to learn from after that game. Mainly don’t force things, take what the defense gives you and play within the system.

I'm expecting CJ Stroud to start against the Browns.
I don't want a Tua situation.. if he needs this week off (or next) I'm giving it to him. He's the future of this franchise and the Texans need to handle this correctly (even if it costs them a playoff appearance), something they've failed to do thus far with all the previous franchise players they've had.

I’m hopeful Jimmy Ward can get over concussion protocol and other nagging injuries that keep him off the field. His leadership is invaluable.

It’s not first time over course of Texan history a player, embodies a coach on field. Both of which were released after season, despite being fan favorites and now are in coaching.

Can you name them?

Wasn't even Motor's best rushing game of the season. Wasn't even Texans best rushing game of the season.

But yeah, Keenum's handoff technique is what made the running game successful...
Do you think he disguises it better? Experience would suggest he does.

Also it’s his experience reading defense to get lane alignment, footwork that leads to clean exchange.

We're acting like the Texans never had a decent game running the ball all season long until Case showed up with his reading defenses and fancy footwork. Maybe we need to get Stroud to work on both of those as well.

KC offense averages three more yards a game than the Texans. Probably ought to send Mahomes some tape on Case. Show him how the GOAT does it.

Nico Collins and SF WR Brandon Auyuk have very close statistics and one is considered WR1 and one is not.

CB Steven Nelson having as good if not better stats with three games left than Eagles Darius Slay's 2022 probowl. I have seen no one mention that. Slay's 2022 campaign led to a very healthy extension.

Any interest by Nick for Sebastián Joseph-Day? Chargers fire sale? 14 game starter with 3 sacks and 50+ tackles. Latest check he has not been awarded to anyone.

I am concerned our vet leader Jimmie Ward is injury prone. The best ability is availability and we just have not been getting consistent availability from the old vet.

Texans need to find his replacement this offseason. I would use a 2 or 3 for his heir apparent.
I would sign a cheap vet FA.

There are a lot of vet S that can play available every yr in FA. Look at the Dolphins/Eagles/Cowboys as examples.
You continue with your dreams of comparing Texans talent and depth with the best teams in the league and thinking they can make comparable moves with the same results.

You continue with your dreams of comparing Texans talent and depth with the best teams in the league and thinking they can make comparable moves with the same results.
They made a bunch of these type moves this offseason, look at all of the 1-2 yr contracts and most of them have turned out pretty well.

I'm more about drafting weapons so games like today's are less likely to happen. However if there's a S they really like in the late 3rd early 4th, Caserio should move up to get him. I really like Barron from UT in this range. But I wouldn't pass on an offensive weapon to draft him.

Just being real here, but I don't fancy our chances the rest of this season.
The injuries are so disappointing - I feel like we were robbed of a good chance to make a little noise this season.
I do take heart that we get to start fresh next season. The future is bright for this team - and the hierarchy now has a better idea of the holes in the team and the style of players they need to bring in.
Gonna be another interesting off-season.

Back