Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

So exactly which QB are the Texans guaranteed to draft next year? Will he be better than Stroud? Isn’t life tough when you have to offer support to mindless statements?

Drafting QBs is a crapshoot anyways. Which I suppose can be said about any position. Did we get lucky with Stroud? We'll know the answer to that soon enough, but even if he is the real deal, his supporting cast is far from complete.

Texans need to draft more poorly because it sucks to accumulate good players. Why even try to get better. It just means one worry after another. Let’s all get together behind Eric Murray, Josh Jones and others like them and really enjoy football again.
I am hoping those 3 years will be very good football

So exactly which QB are the Texans guaranteed to draft next year? Will he be better than Stroud? Isn’t life tough when you have to offer support to mindless statements?
Any of the top 3.

I feel quite certain that they would have ended up with one of the top 3 picks in the 2024 draft. If not they would have had the ammo to move up into the top 3.

I don't know what you are talking about? Tunsil had one knee injury while with the Dolphins.........a Grade I MCL for which he missed no games.

An MCL sprain is the most common knee ligament injury in football, accounting for ~50% of all knee injuries. That's why linemen in college are often required to wear knee braces. [That's the only knee ligament injury that has ever been shown to give some protection by a brace.]

I was referring to his MANY false starts.
Humor many times misses the mark on this board

Was this out of the blue?? Did I miss something???
Kirksey has been dealing with hamstring issues since 2018 which has not always landed him on the Injury Report. This has significantly limited his ability to play coverage (as was evident to most). He is not a spring chicken at 31 years old, well past the 25-27 year old age that LBs have been shown to peak.

Kirksey has been dealing with hamstring issues since 2018 which has not always landed him on the Injury Report. This has significantly limited his ability to play coverage (as was evident to most). He is not a spring chicken at 31 years old, well past the 25-27 year old age that LBs have been shown to peak.
Yeah I know he wasnt a spring chicken anymore but thought w/ all the people we have on the injury list he at least knows the defense and could fill in if needed...now we have to hope perryman and co can get healthy enough to play come sunday

I like this from that article.

The Texans have informed teams they like Keenum as a C.J. Stroud mentor, per SI.com’s Albert Breer. Keenum’s mentorship of Stroud has pleased the Texans to the point they want to have him around throughout the Ohio State product’s rookie season.

Any of the top 3.

I feel quite certain that they would have ended up with one of the top 3 picks in the 2024 draft. If not they would have had the ammo to move up into the top 3.
So you're saying QBs will go 1, 2, & 3 in next year's draft?

Its next to impossible to operate like the 49ers.

They have a visionary offensive coach. There's a reason so many QB's have had their best years with him calling the shots.

At my old job during fantasy football season I came up with a song about Lil Shanny to the tune of Mulan’s “Someday i’ll make a man out of you.”

“Lead the league in passing yards… like Matt Schaub!”

“MVP of the league like Matt Ryan!”

“Someday i’ll… make a quarterback… out of you!!!”

Is there any medical reason to believe that all these fricken hamstring injuries can be connected in any way to the heat and humidity during Texans’ practices? These injuries have taken all the fun out of following this team and trying to get a feel for it’s progress IMO.

JJ Watt gets inducted into the Texans ring of honor against the Steelers this Sunday. I hope the boys are ready to deliver a W and keep his little brother from destroying our shiny new rookie QB!

TJ Watt is on his way to another DPOY award. 6 sacks and 12 QB hits already!

And licking his chops for this Sunday!

Back