Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Not really different at all. Posters including myself were critical of Schaub. Some took it overboard, way more than questioning Strouds family/upbringing and the people he's chosen to surround himself with. IMHO

The big ducking difference…..no one was really crapping on or predicting total failure before Schaub played his first real game as a Texan. The criticism that came later was earned in some cases and way over the top in others.

You’ve made all these assessments having never met the kid personally or watched him play a single NFL game. That’s a seriously slanted crystal ball you’re working with.

Last edited:
The big ducking difference…..no one was really crapping or predicting total failure before Schaub played his first real game as a Texan. The criticism that came later was earned in some cases and way over the top in others.

You’ve made all these assessments having never met the kid personally or watched him play a single NFL game. That’s a seriously slanted crystal ball you’re working with.
Exactly. Crazy how some are coming to his defense.

Soooo Steelbtexan, there is one thing I have noticed about Stroud that normally does not fit the “toxic character” standard. Most of (if not all ) players that self destruct but with loads of talent are Lazy. Lazy in film study, Lazy in Practice, Lazy in Playbook. Reading all the Reports Stroud is the exact opposite, he is not average but Above average in the study of the game. Now for the life of me I can’t think of any players with that quality that just imploded with off the field issues that effected their careers. I’m on my first cup of coffee this morning so maybe someone else can think of some examples. He “might” have some “questionable” friends as you call them but that doesn’t mean he will join them in stupidity.

The big ducking difference…..no one was really crapping or predicting total failure before Schaub played his first real game as a Texan. The criticism that came later was earned in some cases and way over the top in others.

All I've said is I think he's going to be a middling QB.

I've also said no QB with his background has ever won a championship.

I've said you are who you hang with and hanging with David from the inner city and looking up to dog fighters and sexual predators speaks volumes.

Finally, I've said I don't like him as a person or a player.

I'm setting the record straight on what assertions I've made vs what some think I've made. Also I find it hilarious that guys like Dejaview call me a racist because I don't like Stroud. Especially since when I was asked if I had to pick a QB in that draft which one would I pick,

1. Young
2. Bennett
3. Hooker

But I'm a racist because I don't like Stroud. It's like some posters comment and they haven't read my posts.

Soooo Steelbtexan, there is one thing I have noticed about Stroud that normally does not fit the “toxic character” standard. Most of (if not all ) players that self destruct but with loads of talent are Lazy. Lazy in film study, Lazy in Practice, Lazy in Playbook. Reading all the Reports Stroud is the exact opposite, he is not average but Above average in the study of the game. Now for the life of me I can’t think of any players with that quality that just imploded with off the field issues that effected their careers. I’m on my first cup of coffee this morning so maybe someone else can think of some examples. He “might” have some “questionable” friends as you call them but that doesn’t mean he will join them in stupidity.
People who hand with people who do stupid things usually don't turn out to be as successful as they should be.

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to deliver this public service announcement:

I'm not going to call anyone in particular out, but the rules are pretty clear: This is Texanstalk.com, Players, coaches, cheerleaders & ownership are fair game for discussion ..... other posters are not, despite the fact that their opinions may or may not suck ass.

This is not @steelbtexan .com. Less about each other, more about the team, its players, coaches, cheerleaders and owners.

Now back to your regular scheduled program!
Well... there goes the thread.

About time.

All I've said is I think he's going to be a middling QB.

I've also said no QB with his background has ever won a championship.

I've said you are who you hang with and hanging with David from the inner city and looking up to dog fighters and sexual predators speaks volumes.
Peyton - Sexual predator
Moon - Ditto
Brady - Cheater on the field and at home
Big Ben - yikes
Marino - Serial adulterer
Favre - all of the above and a fund stealer

I wonder if anyone ever looked up to or tried to emulate any of these delinquents on the gridiron.....

Peyton - Sexual predator
Moon - Ditto
Brady - Cheater on the field and at home
Big Ben - yikes
Marino - Serial adulterer
Favre - all of the above and a fund stealer

I wonder if anyone ever looked up to or tried to emulate any of these delinquents on the gridiron.....
I didn't

Texans' minority owner, Javier Loya facing rape charges in Kentucky? I've never heard of this guy.

“We are aware of the serious charges filed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky against Javier Loya, one of our outside limited partners,” the Texans said in a statement issued to PFT. “We have agreed with Mr. Loya that while these charges are pending, he will remove himself entirely from any team or League activities.”

Texans minority owner Javier Loya faces rape charge in Kentucky - NBC Sports

Texans' minority owner, Javier Loya facing rape charges in Kentucky? I've never heard of this guy.

“We are aware of the serious charges filed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky against Javier Loya, one of our outside limited partners,” the Texans said in a statement issued to PFT. “We have agreed with Mr. Loya that while these charges are pending, he will remove himself entirely from any team or League activities.”

Texans minority owner Javier Loya faces rape charge in Kentucky - NBC Sports
He's been around quite awhile. Read up on him few years ago trying to establish who all lesser owners were.

The Panthers will also start Bryce Young for their preseason opener against the Jets on Saturday. But head coach Frank Reich has made it clear that Young is already QB1 for Carolina. Ryans has made no such declaration when it comes to Stroud.

Considering our track record for the last few seasons, I sure hope we get a high quality game day thread. One that doesn't start minutes before kick off (or after.)
Or one that was converted to a game thread because we didn’t want to make another one.

Hey! Come on, guys. If it ain't broke, don't...

Oh.

Wait.

Yeah.

Nevermind.

Back