Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

This is my first reply to that poster in months.
Can't wait for the season to start.

No covering tracks, this comes down to do you believe the McNair's are lying or not. We agree to disagree and move on. It's not like I'm not a fan of the team. I'm just not going to give the team anymore money because of what we're disagreeing about. I've seen this show from the Texans before.

Some of them just don’t believe the ownership cleaned out all the leaks. Even though a lot of heavy hitters that are close ( a few in particular played for this team) specifically stated, no one is leaking out ANY information at all. So then the usual suspects come in here debunking what they said. And their faithful followers believe everything they say. When they went against what they predicted. That’s when they put out there that the McNair’s told them or put out a mandate to draft CJ. Lol

They have to cover their tracks because their sources/sauces were wrong.
I wonder if they changed their board once CJ was available. It looked like they were going Anderson all the way until Carolina took Bryce. I was certainly surprised Carolina took him.

I wonder if they changed their board once CJ was available. It looked like they were going Anderson all the way until Carolina took Bryce. I was certainly surprised Carolina took him.
I believe they had a plan A and a Plan B. Plan B was what we got with both the 2nd and 3rd picks. Get CJ and then make the trade for Will. Nick said they try to play out every scenario. This time I believe it worked out in their favor.

But I'm not naming Cj the starter until he signs.
You'll have to wait until Nick gets the salary cap in order. He's working on it.

hangover-math.gif

Even if you have to cheat to win sometimes. Doesn’t do it for me. And I freaking hate LA but its a stain that deserves an asterisk.
I know this is way off topic but I just have to say something that has bothered me for a while.

I don't want to get into the did they or didn't they cheat but I will say one thing. If the Astros cheated they sucked at it. They had a better away than home record, So in theory they lost more games cheating than they did playing straight up.

Overall 101-61 .623 - Home 48-33 .592 - Away 53-28 .654

I hope your teeth are in the glass when Coach Ryans announces Stroud as the starting QB. Hate to see anything happen to your chompers.

OIP.nsOUqxR7SwfPtUI2kU9ptwHaK7

Some people keep their teeth in a glass. I keep mine in a container designed for the purpose.

Others keep their heads up their arse. Causes a somewhat brownish outlook on life.

What a possible sight it could be when Mills is named the starter. :D

Nothing personal.

:coffee:

Last edited:
A asterisk over who? The other cheating teams they eliminated?
Prove it. Prove it. Making excuses for this ****. How can several players band together to denigrate everything they worked for without NOBODY trying to nip it in the bud. just no excuses. The world is less perfect today. And who gives a **** what other teams do Anyway. You just lamely stated that everyone does or should cheat. Does that do it for you. SMDH.

I didn't unlike your post because of your stance on cheating. I can understand that. It's was the insinuation that Jim Crane played a part in that. He had zero knowledge of the sign stealing.

I was responding to the comment of an organization that puts winning first and foremost. Where did I insinuate Crane specifically. Quit putting words in my mouth. An organization is an organized assimilation of parts operating for the good of the whole. There were pathetic parts in that organization and Crane is where the buck stops. Why was the entire team comfortable with pulling off this stunt? Steel holds the McNairs accountable for EVERYTHING. If DW is Clemson **** what are some of those astros?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was responding to the comment of an organization that puts winning first and foremost. Where did I insinuate Crane specifically. Quit putting words in my mouth. An organization is an organized assimilation of parts operating for the good of the whole. There were pathetic parts in that organization and Crane is where the buck stops. Why was the entire team comfortable with pulling off this stunt? Steel holds the McNairs accountable for EVERYTHING. If DW is Clemson **** what are some of those astros?

Kiss the rings, that's all that matters.

Prove it. Prove it. Making excuses for this ****. How can several players band together to denigrate everything they worked for without NOBODY trying to nip it in the bud. just no excuses. The world is less perfect today. And who gives a **** what other teams do Anyway. You just lamely stated that everyone does or should cheat. Does that do it for you. SMDH.
WTF are you talking about? When did I say "everyone should cheat"? Don't understand the rest of your heated rant either.

I said what's the point of a asterisk when everyone was doing it.. The Astros were the only team who were really punished. MLB was able to pin everything on the Astros and shut the rest of the scandal down. They didn't want to dig any further. Then league wide rules and regulations were changed.

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.
Every professional sports team cheats. Most however, do not get caught.
Even when they do (looking at you Patriots) their championships are still celebrated without the need for an asterisk.

EDIT: To add....Just my opinion, of course.

Kiss the rings, that's all that matters.
I can’t believe you really mean it. both methods bring equal satisfaction to you? If you put strong ethical demands on several players and agents I guess kiss the fingers and money, huh?

I can’t believe you really mean it. both methods bring equal satisfaction to you? If you put strong ethical demands on several players and agents I guess kiss the fingers and money, huh?
Who do I put strong ethical demands on.

Derrick? Yes I draw the line at Perverts/Sexual Predators.

BTW, The Astros were better at cheating than the Yankees/Dodgers, for this I'm greatful. BTW, You do know cheating has been going on for as long as baseball has been played? Still is today for that matter. This really wasn't about cheating, this was about MLB getting rid of Luhnow.

Barring a total meltdown of JC, Mills would be crazy to think he will start over Stroud. No way will those season ticket holders that dug deep after the draft be left swinging with an announcement that Meals is starter. That would be the biggest shock I've had since Stingley .

Barring a total meltdown of JC, Mills would be crazy to think he will start over Stroud. No way will those season ticket holders that dug deep after the draft be left swinging with an announcement that Meals is starter. That would be the biggest shock I've had since Stingley .

Prepare thyself to be shocked. :D

:coffee:

I don't think anyone has a problem with "QB is a must."

Sure there is. Lots of folks advocated skipping a QB in this draft and tanking for Caleb Williams in the 2024 draft.

The question is were they told to draft Stroud in particular. That's where the rub is.

Not a rub for me. I don't care either way. I'm just glad they got a potential high ceiling QB and we're not rolling this season with nothing but retreads or never-will-be QBs.

Back