Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Hannah and Cal trying to recreate Luv Ya Blue seems to me to be just one big marketing stunt. You would think that the McNairs would want to have the Texans build and be known by their own original identity. Of course, it is more difficult do so than to weakly attempt to piggy back on another's celebrity.
Not a fan of that. Leave the Oilers where they belong, in the past.

giphy.gif

Hannah and Cal trying to recreate Luv Ya Blue seems to me to be just one big marketing stunt. You would think that the McNairs would want to have the Texans build and be known by their own original identity. Of course, it is more difficult do so than to weakly attempt to piggy back on another's celebrity.
If it’s one uniform out of multiple designs and colors, shouldn’t be too bad. I remember Hannah saying the color belongs to the city because of the old HPD police cars 😂

Man, I’ve been advocating for the old Oilers color scheme for a cool Throwback look, but this looks like arse.

Replace the White helmets and pants with Gun Metal Gray Metallic….those Oiler colors would pop. On a side note, keep them as a once a year, home game, Throwback uniform.

The more I keep thinking about it….Steel Blue, Gold, and White would look pretty damn hot.

Hard to say. There are plenty of Texans fans, especially among those who go to the games that love that Luv Ya Blue thing.

So, is it a marketing stunt, or is it connecting with fans?

FYI, I'm not one of them. I want to get past the Oilers. I'd do a Battle Red campaign, making Battle Red the theme of the team.

Last edited:
Hard to say. There are plenty of Texans fans, especially among those who go to the games that love that Luv Ya Blue thing.

So, is it a marketing stunt, or is it responding to fans.

FYI, I'm not one of them. I want to get past the Oilers. I'd do a Battle Red campaign, making Battle Red the theme of the team.
There are more present Texans fans that have no idea what "luv ya blue" is..............in fact, many were not even born when the Oilers left. It is a marketing stunt.

It seems that Fairburn released (not sold) his number to Stroud. I'm sure there was no pressure from upstairs. :shades:

The Texans quarterback, who was chosen second overall in the 2023 NFL Draft, will don the same number seven jersey he wore for the Ohio State Buckeyes. He and kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn, who'd worn the number seven since joining the team in 2016, came to an agreement and Fairbairn gave the number over to the rookie. Stroud will now wear seven, and Fairbairn will wear 15.

Besides picking a GM, this is about the only thing I want the owners to be involved with deciding. Pointless merch is a perfect thing for them to focus on while football minds build their team on the field.

Though I’m with most that the Texans colors were bland and unimaginative, I’m probably gonna be in the minority of them trying to get something that tries to tie in the Oilers. The Oilers are not only a totally different franchise who left our asses, they were as much of a failure here as the Texans have been. Sure, they made a couple of Conference title games but 17 years had passed from then until they left, and it was just 2 times in the 27 years they were members of the NFL. That isn't all that more than what the Texans have done in 21 years so far.

I fear these new unis are going to be cheesy ass XFLish, Arena type BS that will make us long for the boring, bland they have now. I think all they really needed to do was change the main color to red. But then it's all about the money grab anymore so milk that Oiler nostalgia all you can.

I'm in 100% agreement with you. Stay away from anything connected with the Oilers. It's not like that franchise ever achieved anything significant.

The PLAYERS and Bum Phillips are what fans connected with, and trying to tarnish the Texans color scheme with some baby blue cheese is just weak. I'll never buy any of it. I've got plenty of Texans merch and neither need nor want anything else until they do something meaningful on the field.

I'm actually surprised that Cal would alter the scheme that his dad was part of building.

If they want to go red helmet and change the design while keeping the traditional colors, okay. But, no to baby blue. Just no.

Obviously I'm not the target demographic this marketing scam...errr...scheme is designed for. lol

There's already a 2nd generation running around since the last time an NFL game was played in the Astrodome.

Yep. I've got a son and grandson that fall into this category.

The Oilers is ancient history to them and something that old people get nostalgic about for some odd reason, because the Oilers didn't win anything worth remembering. lol

In a sense this is somewhat like the organizations original branding-marketing misstep which was to "piggy back" on the
state of Texas celebrity rather than developing its own meaningful and unique identity which is exactly what the
former Houston NFL franchise did so successfully.

So, is it a marketing stunt, or is it connecting with fans?

Oilers are like a long ago ex-wife: some fun times and good memories but reasons exist why she is gone. Let the past be in the past.

As the Eagles sang

I'm already gone!

The Roughnecks uniform changes were ugly and horrible. As long as the Texans don't end up with a helmet as ugly and distracting as the Roughnecks, I don't care what they do. New uniforms aren't gonna make them play better anyways.

Reactions: JB
While Hannah has created the 50-member Texans Fan Coucil to "influence" the organization's decisions.

Hopefully a so-called "fan council" would have power that begins and ends with tailgating and merch. Anything beyond that would be stupid, and she's clearly not a stupid woman.

Feels like marketing and pandering more than anything else.

Back