Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Player Transaction DISCUSSION Thread

Hottoddie

Veteran
An even easier no brainer who did not get released was our other Center...............Scott Quessenberry, who last season started all games after week 1 while taking 990 snaps..............and earned the honor of having the worst overall PFF grade of ANY NFL player..............36.6!
I was going to say Justin McCray should go next, but it looks like both he & Quessenberry are UFA's. Just change the locks & don't let either one back in. Lol.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Man those three games must have been horrible to bring him all the way down to thirty six percent.
Yeah I don’t know about the pff grade thing. I bet they bring him back & he makes the team. Well, if he does that will tell me about pff grades.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Yeah I don’t know about the pff grade thing. I bet they bring him back & he makes the team. Well, if he does that will tell me about pff grades.
Yep maybe or maybe it will tell us Caserio couldn't get a solid free agent or was unable to draft one.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Very surprising take, I thought Q was the worst player on our line last year. At least Green had some injuries that could maybe explain some of the terrible play
Seems most people read it that way.

he impressed me in the preseason, I thought he should have been the starter outright. Hated to see Brit struggle but washappy to see they jumped Q over Morrisey, the guy they were grooming to replace Brit.

I watched the OL all season, especially Center. The OL looked about what I expected with three new members & a forth moved to a new position. With an inexperienced QB.

Pass blocking was better than any line the Texans fielded in the last three years. Run blocking looked uncoordinated. Again new system, new members… slow non explosive RB outside of Pierce. Another year & that starting five would be NFLish.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Time to Q up those 7 sacks
What’s that going to prove? Matter of fact, cue them up, I’d love to see them.

I’m not saying he’s an all pro. I’m not saying he’ll start for us in 2023. I’m saying he’ll make the team.

I’m not saying not to draft a Center. I’m not saying don’t upgrade Center.

badboy

Hall of Fame
How many games must Morrissey bomb before we know he's not an NFL center?

How many sacked QBs does this one man allow?

The Answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.

But only when NRG roof is open.

Sings Bob Dylan

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

Sings Bob Dylan
I'm betting they draft a Center, keep Morrissey and Q, and cut the worst one after training camp.
(Except the rookie.)

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Od left the Texans in '13 and no tight end been worthwhile since then.
Fiedo showed promise prior to career ending concussions. But OB arrived shortly after OD departed. There’s a reason OD was successful. The offense was TE friendly. And the Texans just might be bringing a TE friendly offense back if Slowick’s mentor is any indication.

Reactions: JB

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Fiedo showed promise prior to career ending concussions. But OB arrived shortly after OD departed. There’s a reason OD was successful. The offense was TE friendly. And the Texans just might be bringing a TE friendly offense back if Slowick’s mentor is any indication.

Te's were successful under ob?

If your best argument i fideo, stop now.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Looks like you are having trouble with reading comprehension.

OB offense = Bad for TEs.

Kubiak/Lil Shanny = Good for TEs.

Better now?

You mentioned fideo. Not me. I acknowledged od. He left the Texans in 2013.

Better now?

Dejaview

All Pro

Sings Bob Dylan
Yeah and how many times must Bryce Young look up

Before he can see the sky…