Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Texans Player Transaction DISCUSSION Thread

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
NBC Edge reports that Ronald Jones, RB picked up by KC on a 1-year $1.5M contract for 2022, has asked for his release. He isn't getting PT is that offense which is probably just a depth chart thing. If Caesario is looking for a viable RB2, who can legitimate both run and catch with a 4.5 career YPC, why not work something out and bring him here? Jones is still only 25 years out and can probably do a good job reducing the load on Pierce.

Jones would have run for 1000 yards in 2020 had he not missed 2 games and had a 5.1 YPC.

He'd probably be even more disgruntled here -- on a losing team and in an RB2 role having to learn a new offense.

He'd probably be even more disgruntled here -- on a losing team and in an RB2 role having to learn a new offense.
I think the opposite actually. Jones gets clear RB2 carries/receiving opportunities after not playing in KC while playing for a new contract in 2023. Great spot to showcase what he still has after his career has kind of stalled out. He would be the clear #2 here and inline for contract renewal for should he perform well. If I'm Caesario, I'm picking up the phone and working something out, assuming there are no red flags or skill decline. Only 25 years old and not too much mileage on that body.

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
NBC Edge reports that Ronald Jones, RB picked up by KC on a 1-year $1.5M contract for 2022, has asked for his release. He isn't getting PT is that offense which is probably just a depth chart thing. If Caesario is looking for a viable RB2, who can legitimate both run and catch with a 4.5 career YPC, why not work something out and bring him here? Jones is still only 25 years out and can probably do a good job reducing the load on Pierce.

Jones would have run for 1000 yards in 2020 had he not missed 2 games and had a 5.1 YPC.
Texans aren't in buyer mode this year... they're looking to acquire picks not spend them