Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Player Transaction DISCUSSION Thread

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
NBC Edge reports that Ronald Jones, RB picked up by KC on a 1-year $1.5M contract for 2022, has asked for his release. He isn't getting PT is that offense which is probably just a depth chart thing. If Caesario is looking for a viable RB2, who can legitimate both run and catch with a 4.5 career YPC, why not work something out and bring him here? Jones is still only 25 years out and can probably do a good job reducing the load on Pierce.

Jones would have run for 1000 yards in 2020 had he not missed 2 games and had a 5.1 YPC.

He'd probably be even more disgruntled here -- on a losing team and in an RB2 role having to learn a new offense.

He'd probably be even more disgruntled here -- on a losing team and in an RB2 role having to learn a new offense.
I think the opposite actually. Jones gets clear RB2 carries/receiving opportunities after not playing in KC while playing for a new contract in 2023. Great spot to showcase what he still has after his career has kind of stalled out. He would be the clear #2 here and inline for contract renewal for should he perform well. If I'm Caesario, I'm picking up the phone and working something out, assuming there are no red flags or skill decline. Only 25 years old and not too much mileage on that body.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
NBC Edge reports that Ronald Jones, RB picked up by KC on a 1-year $1.5M contract for 2022, has asked for his release. He isn't getting PT is that offense which is probably just a depth chart thing. If Caesario is looking for a viable RB2, who can legitimate both run and catch with a 4.5 career YPC, why not work something out and bring him here? Jones is still only 25 years out and can probably do a good job reducing the load on Pierce.

Jones would have run for 1000 yards in 2020 had he not missed 2 games and had a 5.1 YPC.
Texans aren't in buyer mode this year... they're looking to acquire picks not spend them

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
1670525573857.png

usatoday Dec 6

According to NFL agent Brett Tessler, the Chiefs have released his client DT Taylor Stallworth from the 53-man roster. A free agent acquisition this offseason, Stallworth didn’t make the 53-man roster outright in Kansas City. He was signed to the active roster from the practice squad back in early October. He’s since appeared in six games, recording four total tackles. Stallworth would have recorded his first career sack with the Chiefs in Week 13 against the Bengals, but the play was waved off with a roughing the passer penalty.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
With all of the recent transactions - I don't know about the rest of you feller's but I'm starting to think these guys (GM's, coaches, scouts) aren't really sure what they are looking for in a player - especially at the RB and WR positions.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
With all of the recent transactions - I don't know about the rest of you feller's but I'm starting to think these guys (GM's, coaches, scouts) aren't really sure what they are looking for in a player - especially at the RB and WR positions.
I'm starting to think the writing is on the wall & they're behind the 8 ball....

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
DT Taylor Stallworth was re-signed for 1 yr. Surprising since last year he scored a PFF grade of 35.3........to go along with a 60 in 2021 and a 44 in 2020. He has dealt with repeated soft tissue injuries............hamstrings and calf. He joined the Texans Dec 8 last season, and promptly suffered a grade II calf tear the next week which required IR, I'm not sure I understand this re-signing.

badboy

Hall of Fame
DT Taylor Stallworth was re-signed for 1 yr. Surprising since last year he scored a PFF grade of 35.3........to go along with a 60 in 2021 and a 44 in 2020. He has dealt with repeated soft tissue injuries............hamstrings and calf. He joined the Texans Dec 8 last season, and promptly suffered a grade II calf tear the next week which required IR, I'm not sure I understand this re-signing.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

vtech9

All Pro
I would think he's just a camp body at this point, with the hope that he could be more.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I would think he's just a camp body at this point, with the hope that he could be more.
Probably but I would hope after those 3 seasons, Caserio would have seen all he could see and moved on to some other camp body.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It’s Nick doing Nick things. He’ll cut him later on down the road.

badboy

Hall of Fame
He's available right now, so why not lock him in until you do find someone to replace him. We can't really go after free agents for a couple weeks yet.
You want to lock in a 35% player? I think that thinking has been some of our problems the last couple of years.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This guy is a good player that cant stay healthy.

They're taking a flier on Stallworth.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Signing Taylor Stallworth for 1 year at $1.08M will only cost the Texans $140K if he is cut anytime before the season starts...
I get that but do not think he will stay healthy as we saw with Britt. I would just rather take a chance on a another player. I do repeat do understand there is minimal cost. It is not a money thing to me just a waste of evaluation when another player could be getting reps.

I get that but do not think he will stay healthy as we saw with Britt. I would just rather take a chance on a another player. I do repeat do understand there is minimal cost. It is not a money thing to me just a waste of evaluation when another player could be getting reps.
While I agree, especially with this team lacking in overall talent they need to evaluate as many players as possible, you know there are always players signed that will not make the final roster. Their reps are just to keep the load off or risk of injury from guys you know will make the roster.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Texans released C Justin Britt.
Britt essentially was AWOL from the team after Week 1 and reportedly was working through "personal issues" at the time. Signed to a two-year deal last offseason, it's possible that his NFL career is over. The move frees up about $3 million in cap space.
File clerk doing his job there.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Texans released C Justin Britt.
Britt essentially was AWOL from the team after Week 1 and reportedly was working through "personal issues" at the time. Signed to a two-year deal last offseason, it's possible that his NFL career is over. The move frees up about $3 million in cap space.
The personal reasons was because he was having a difficult time deciding whether he was going to retire................because his knee was essentially gone and his ankle was quickly catching up.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Biggest no brainer of the offseason. I think we pretty much have to sign a vet center now.

Now let’s release Maybin and Kirksey
An even easier no brainer who did not get released was our other Center...............Scott Quessenberry, who last season started all games after week 1 while taking 990 snaps..............and earned the honor of having the worst overall PFF grade of ANY NFL player..............36.6!

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
An even easier no brainer who did not get released was our other Center...............Scott Quessenberry, who last season started all games after week 1 while taking 990 snaps..............and earned the honor of having the worst overall PFF grade of ANY NFL player..............36.6!
It's the Texans. Makes perfect sense.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
:smiliepalm: