Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans picks all rounds 2022

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
RD3- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD5- Rachaad White (Arizona Stafe)

Big, fast, good receivers, and they can block. Give me some extra picks and both of these guys would be my horses in the Texans backfield.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
RD3- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD5- Rachaad White (Arizona Stafe)

Big, fast, good receivers, and they can block. Give me some extra picks and both of these guys would be my horses in the Texans backfield.
I haven't been able to get White after round 3 on the mock draft I use. I'd take him there if I can.

If I pass on Hamilton @ 3 I can't get Cine later. . We need a S.

:coffee:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Didn’t he have fusion of his spine?
Has Pickens had any serious injuries other than the ACL?
Yes to Ross and no to Pickens.

BTW, after Watching Tyler Smith LT Tulsa highlights, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. He can definitely move into OG. This is one big tough dude that plays with a mean streak. He can be beaten with quickness though.

Last edited:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
If I pass on Hamilton @ 3 I can't get Cine later. . We need a S.
This is a thin draft for Safety. Similar to last year (with the exception of a stud like Hamilton), when there were only 4 taken in the 1st 3 rounds.

I think the Texans will have to look at college CBs that can make the conversion to Safety. The Ravens did that this season with Brandon Stephens.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
As you know I am a fan Alex Gibbs and his belief that you can find your IOL in day 3 of the draft. Also not convinced Salyer is a 2nd RDer. If he's there in RD 4 would be hard to pass up. My early choices.

#9 - Gardener, CB
#37 - Pickens, WR
#40 - Devonte Wyatt, DT
#67 - Tyler Allgeier, RB
#80 - Chad Muma, LB
Thats why I wish they would hire the head coach and go get the Vikings offensive staff. You can let Dennison evaluate the ol and rb who matches their scheme. Everyone knows its a qb friendly scheme also. Might make the qb look better than his talent like Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins. Otherwise, the Texans are walking in mud again.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
If your aiming to develop your team asa a tough and physical team with an identity of imposing your will through the run game, its a no brainer, Neal is the pick. If you're just trying to add talent & the BPA, Hamilton is the guy....if you stay at 3 that is. None of these other guys except Linderbaum impress me.
When was the last time an o-linemen from Bama has been worth a damn?

Texian

Hall of Fame
Thats why I wish they would hire the head coach and go get the Vikings offensive staff. You can let Dennison evaluate the ol and rb who matches their scheme. Everyone knows its a qb friendly scheme also. Might make the qb look better than his talent like Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins. Otherwise, the Texans are walking in mud again.
An injection of Bill Walsh makes an enormous amount of sense. I doubt however that the file clerk has even read Walsh's book, "Finding the Winning Edge". This is foreign subject matter to the duo from New England.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
When was the last time an o-linemen from Bama has been worth a damn?
Not many of them get rated highly…but the % of them that do are pretty good. Alex leatherwood started for a playoff team this year…..Jedrick Willis did last year..Ryan Kelly was an all-pro a few years back. Cam Robinson’s been ok for the jags.

& none of those guys were projected to be as good as Neal.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Not many of them get rated highly…but the % of them that do are pretty good. Alex leatherwood started for a playoff team this year…..Jedrick Willis did last year..Ryan Kelly was an all-pro a few years back. Cam Robinson’s been ok for the jags.

& none of those guys were projected to be as good as Neal.
I give you Kelly, Leatherwood is trash, cam is avg. Go to the dj flukers and all them 1st rd picks that were avg.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I give you Kelly, Leatherwood is trash, cam is avg. Go to the dj flukers and all them 1st rd picks that were avg.
Lol, Cam Robinson plays for the jags…enough said…yet & still James Robinson has had some pretty good rushing seasons over the last few years. There issues run deeper than him. Leatherwood was a rookie this year. You can’t really make a determination on him just yet, but I think he’ll be ok…

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Lol, Cam Robinson plays for the jags…enough said…yet & still James Robinson has had some pretty good rushing seasons over the last few years. There issues run deeper than him. Leatherwood was a rookie this year. You can’t really make a determination on him just yet, but I think he’ll be ok…
Joe Thomas played for the Browns and Whitworth played for the Bengals. When you're excellent at your position, it doesn't matter the city.

OptimisticTexan

If the Texans were to trade their #3 Pick, Watson, Tunsil, and Cooks….what would be the expected return for each?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Leatherwood played pretty good when he was moved to RG.

Kelly has been injury prone butis a leader on the team that lead the NFL in rushing. Not to bad.

Fluker played the OG position well for many yrs. He was drafted as a RT but his skillset said he was an OG. He didn't have the feet to play RT.

Robinson it's hard to tell. He's been a solid LT for the Jags, but they've sucked so bad that it's kinda hard to tell how good he really is. He's a good run blocker though. Williams for the Bengals is OK as a LT but would be better at RT. IMHO

Neal is a better athlete than all of the guys you listed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would be for bringing in Dennison if Lombardi or O'Connell is hired.

We have very different opinions on Mills talent level.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
His ascension and growth behind the Texans offense was a small miracle with a single game giving fans a glimpse as to how Mills could play when he’s got a running game and a bit more time in the pocket
We should improve the team around him. But Mills improved soooo much with a deteriorating team around him, I'm thinking he's going to be special regardless.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm on board with Hamilton at #3.

If Kinnard is there at 37, he's my pick. Then I'm trading 3-68 and 4-115 and moving up to get Salyer. If Kinnard isn't there at 2-37 then I'm picking Salyer at 2-37 and picking Cade Mays (if Pickens isn't there) at 3-68.

If Hamilton is the pick, the I'm definitely holding onto Tunsil.

OL

Tunsil/Salyer/Britt/Kinnard/Heck or Howard.

If I'm Caserio I'm offering Howard to the Chargers for their 4th to fix their RT issues. If these things were to happen my draft would look like this

Rd.1 Hamilton
Rd.2 Kinnard
Rd.2 Salyer
Rd. 3 Saints pick Ross
Rd.4 Chargers pick I'm trading two 6ths and the 4th to move up into the bottom of the 3rd.

Rd.3 Goodrich

That's a really solid draft with 5 difference makers. Also you still have a 6th and a 7th to take fliers on guys like Ingram/Dulich/Ebner etc....

Last edited:

mussop

Hall of Fame
As you know I am a fan Alex Gibbs and his belief that you can find your IOL in day 3 of the draft. Also not convinced Salyer is a 2nd RDer. If he's there in RD 4 would be hard to pass up. My early choices.

#9 - Gardener, CB
#37 - Pickens, WR
#40 - Devonte Wyatt, DT
#67 - Tyler Allgeier, RB
#80 - Chad Muma, LB
I don’t think Wyatt will last to 40 but that would be a sweet draft. Casserrio really needs to add as many top 90 picks as possible in this draft.

OptimisticTexan

PFF RD1 - D3. Traded; Watson to Washington (2022 RD1 & RD2), Tunsil to Philadelphia (RD1, RD5 & RD5), Cooks to Las Vegas (RD2). 3 Round Mock:

RD1-03-003: LT- Ikem Ekwonu (NC State)
RD1-11-011: OC- Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
RD1-15-015: WR- Chris Olave (Ohio State)

RD2-03-035: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD2-11-043: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD2-22-054: TE- Trey McBride (Colorado State)

RD3-03-067: RB- Rachaad White (Arizona State)
RD3-18-082: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

I guess those would in some ways set the offense and Mills for the 2022 season. Let the growth begin.

The rest of the draft went like this:

RD4-134: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston). **5-8 @ 185 lbs**

RD5-152: FS- Brad Hawkins (Michigan). **6-1 @ 221 lbs**
RD5-160: CB- Jaylen Watson (Washington State). **6-3 @ 204 lbs**

RD6-181: WR- Danny Gray (SMU). **6-1 @ 180 lbs**
RD6-205: DE- LaBryan Ray (Alabama). **6-5 @ 285 lbs**
RD6-206: SS- Markquese Bell (Florida A&M). **6-3 @ 205 lbs**

RD7-241: LB- Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (Notre Dame). **6-2 @ 268 lbs**

Defense got the backend of the draft. 4 new DB’s, a DE, and a LB. This group might have a couple of surprises in year one.

I did take another offensive player in Danny Gray….to fill the SWR position.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
PFF RD1 - D3. Traded; Watson to Washington (2022 RD1 & RD2), Tunsil to Philadelphia (RD1, RD5 & RD5), Cooks to Las Vegas (RD2). 3 Round Mock:

RD1-03-003: LT- Ikem Ekwonu (NC State)
RD1-11-011: OC- Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
RD1-15-015: WR- Chris Olave (Ohio State)

RD2-03-035: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD2-11-043: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD2-22-054: TE- Trey McBride (Colorado State)

RD3-03-067: RB- Rachaad White (Arizona State)
RD3-18-082: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

I guess those would in some ways set the offense and Mills for the 2022 season. Let the growth begin.

The rest of the draft went like this:

RD4-134: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston). **5-8 @ 185 lbs**

RD5-152: FS- Brad Hawkins (Michigan). **6-1 @ 221 lbs**
RD5-160: CB- Jaylen Watson (Washington State). **6-3 @ 204 lbs**

RD6-181: WR- Danny Gray (SMU). **6-1 @ 180 lbs**
RD6-205: DE- LaBryan Ray (Alabama). **6-5 @ 285 lbs**
RD6-206: SS- Markquese Bell (Florida A&M). **6-3 @ 205 lbs**

RD7-241: LB- Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (Notre Dame). **6-2 @ 268 lbs**

Defense got the backend of the draft. 4 new DB’s, a DE, and a LB. This group might have a couple of surprises in year one.

I did take another offensive player in Danny Gray….to fill the SWR position.
Damn dude that’s a lot of effort put into your mock, put it all on the table.

One off-season and offense is revamped. Don’t expect it all but any one piece of it, works for me.

:wesmantexanfan:

OptimisticTexan

Damn dude that’s a lot of effort put into your mock, put it all on the table.

One off-season and offense is revamped. Don’t expect it all but any one piece of it, works for me.

:wesmantexanfan:
I’ve started thinking that if Mock’s are going to be done….we should explain our moves that created the picks. If you do a trade down, show what the other team got in that slot.

I don’t think I’ve ever explained the Cooks trade but I could see the Raiders on board with obtaining a receiver of Cooks talent to fill the need at their WR position. McDaniels has to give Carr another weapon on the outside now that Ruggs is no longer with the team. Raiders could still add another young receiver but Cooks would be hard to pass on if the Texans make him available.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I'm on board with Hamilton at #3.

If Kinnard is there at 37, he's my pick. Then I'm trading 3-68 and 4-115 and moving up to get Salyer. If Kinnard isn't there at 2-37 then I'm picking Salyer at 2-37 and picking Cade Mays (if Pickens isn't there) at 3-68.

If Hamilton is the pick, the I'm definitely holding onto Tunsil.

OL

Tunsil/Salyer/Britt/Kinnard/Heck or Howard.

If I'm Caserio I'm offering Howard to the Chargers for their 4th to fix their RT issues. If these things were to happen my draft would look like this

Rd.1 Hamilton
Rd.2 Kinnard
Rd.2 Salyer
Rd. 3 Saints pick Ross
Rd.4 Chargers pick I'm trading two 6ths and the 4th to move up into the bottom of the 3rd.

Rd.3 Goodrich

That's a really solid draft with 5 difference makers. Also you still have a 6th and a 7th to take fliers on guys like Ingram/Dulich/Ebner etc....
Hamilton at #3 makes perfectly good sense now that Lovie "Tampa 2" Smith is the HC. Makes the most sense and the odds-on favorite.

OptimisticTexan

Hamilton at #3 makes perfectly good sense now that Lovie "Tampa 2" Smith is the HC. Makes the most sense and the odds-on favorite.
If the Texans trade Tunsil for an additional RD1…..should they consider Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu if one or both are available? Or, should the Texans stay with SS- Kyle Hamilton and pick an OT later?

Texian

Hall of Fame
If the Texans trade Tunsil for an additional RD1…..should they consider Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu if one or both are available? Or, should the Texans stay with SS- Kyle Hamilton and pick an OT later?
IMHO Charles Cross is the best LT in this draft. I think they should trade Tunsil (and probably will since he never went to the Preacher Man's bible study on Tuesdays). Gets that short term massive contract off the books and gets some good long-term value in return. Cross gives them 5+ years vs Tunsil's maybe 2. Short answer: draft LT Charles Cross (BTW I'm don't have Hamilton in my Top 5.) All opinions are pre-Combine & Pro Days.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

IMHO Charles Cross is the best LT in this draft. I think they should trade Tunsil (and probably will since he never went to the Preacher Man's bible study on Tuesdays). Gets that short term massive contract off the books and gets some good long-term value in return. Cross gives them 5+ years vs Tunsil's maybe 2. Short answer: draft LT Charles Cross (BTW I'm don't have Hamilton in my Top 5.) All opinions are pre-Combine & Pro Days.
I’m going with LT- Ikem Ekwonu as the most complete LT entering the 2022 NFL Draft. He can do it all and he does it with a pure nasty demeanor. Cross has played in a basic Run-N-Shoot offense and hasn’t had to prove if he can run block. That was my knock on Tunsil. A softie in pass protection but not much in the run game. Ekwonu does both at the plus-plus level.

As for Hamilton…..he’d be a massive impact player in Lovie’s defense. He’s already a proven ball-hawk that I think Lovie could get selected to the Pro Bowl in his first season. Still like the “generational player” being thrown around when describing his potential.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I’m going with LT- Ikem Ekwonu as the most complete LT entering the 2022 NFL Draft. He can do it all and he does it with a pure nasty demeanor. Cross has played in a basic Run-N-Shoot offense and hasn’t had to prove if he can run block. That was my knock on Tunsil. A softie in pass protection but not much in the run game. Ekwonu does both at the plus-plus level.

As for Hamilton…..he’d be a massive impact player in Lovie’s defense. He’s already a proven ball-hawk that I think Lovie could get selected to the Pro Bowl in his first season. Still like the “generational player” being thrown around when describing his potential.
No doubt Ekwonu is the best run blocking OT in the draft. He is a real road grader. However, his pass blocking needs work. IMO Ekwonu is not as athletic as Cross. The Combine will let us all know for sure. Cross is the best pass blocking LT but has little tape on run blocking. What tape he does have, he's been nasty. Cross has done an admirable job against the best the SEC has to offer so I'm not worried about his run blocking. Working in Leach's ZBS, Cross's athleticism works very well.

I think it would depend on where the pick would be. I don’t think Tunsil is worth more than a late rounder.
I’d be happy with either Neal or Ekwonu, and if we went OT I’d do Dayton Hill for S or a CB or Jermaine Johnson with the other pick. There are so many moving parts.
Or we could go Hamilton and then I’d try to get Trevor Penning later.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Just my two cents but Kyle Hamilton is the best player overall in the draft if he returns 100% healthy. I do see Evan Neal as strictly a right tackle for his rookie year and do have him going number one overall to the Jags barring a trade down. Okwonu is best left tackle/ OG. Cross best pure LT in draft. All 3 gone top 10. I don't see Tunsil bringing a top ten. Large gap to next LT and doubt any of those start '22.

Flip: Cine, Brisker and Daxton Hill all should be close in round 2 with Pitre round 3. Each should start this roster at safety.

The problems I have with trade down from three is you are still limited to only one player [1st] with additional pics after round one that will not get you a Ltackle. Again I would not trade laremy tunsil if I did not think Howard was the real deal or believed tunsil would force his way out and there's no evidence of that yet.

My current position is take the "generational player" that can play all DB and some LB. 6'4" 224 radar 21 mph is nuts.

Another bit of info is I recently saw Salyer measured at 6 ft 2 and 7/8 which is shorter than I prefer at offensive tackle. He'd be my LG and one of our thirds.

I would not be upset if Icky Okowonu or Cross chosen even less if on a trade down.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Icky is known as a straight-ahead brawler that enjoys punishing his opponent and is excellent in the Run blocking game which is what we need with Miles Davis.
Only dreaming but LT Cross, LG Okwonu OC Britt RG Salyer RT Heck would be awesome.

But ..so would 5.Hamilton , 1.29 McCreary, 36 Cine, 37 Cam Thomas 50 LB Damone Clark.

OptimisticTexan

Icky is known as a straight-ahead brawler that enjoys punishing his opponent and is excellent in the Run blocking game which is what we need with Miles Davis.
Only dreaming but LT Cross, LG Okwonu OC Britt RG Salyer RT Heck would be awesome.

But ..so would 5.Hamilton , 1.29 McCreary, 36 Cine, 37 Cam Thomas 50 LB Damone Clark.
If defense was going to be my focus in 2022:

SS- Kyle Hamilton (ND) 6-4 @ 220 lbs
FS- Daxton Hill (MI) 6-0 @ 192 lbs
LB- Chad Muma (WY) 6-3 @ 242 lbs
DL- Travis Jones (CT) 6-4 @ 333 lbs
NB- Marcus Jones (HOU) 5-8 @ 185 lbs
CB- Jaylen Watson (WA ST) 6-3 @ 204 lbs
CB- Joshua Williams (Fayetteville St) 6-2 @ 193 lbs

Could you imagine the smile on Lovie’s face with this crew?