Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans picks all rounds 2022

My current position is take the "generational player" that can play all DB and some LB. 6'4" 224 radar 21 mph is nuts.
That's fine. If you have a plan to use that type of player effectively. All I've ever seen a safety do in Lovie's defense is play the back end of a zone. You don't need a generational player to do that.

Last edited:
I think it would depend on where the pick would be. I don’t think Tunsil is worth more than a late rounder.
I’d be happy with either Neal or Ekwonu, and if we went OT I’d do Dayton Hill for S or a CB or Jermaine Johnson with the other pick. There are so many moving parts.
Or we could go Hamilton and then I’d try to get Trevor Penning later.
If a pro bowl lt isn't worth more than a late Rd pick they should hold onto Tunsil.

Just my two cents but Kyle Hamilton is the best player overall in the draft if he returns 100% healthy. I do see Evan Neal as strictly a right tackle for his rookie year and do have him going number one overall to the Jags barring a trade down. Okwonu is best left tackle/ OG. Cross best pure LT in draft. All 3 gone top 10. I don't see Tunsil bringing a top ten. Large gap to next LT and doubt any of those start '22.

Flip: Cine, Brisker and Daxton Hill all should be close in round 2 with Pitre round 3. Each should start this roster at safety.

The problems I have with trade down from three is you are still limited to only one player [1st] with additional pics after round one that will not get you a Ltackle. Again I would not trade laremy tunsil if I did not think Howard was the real deal or believed tunsil would force his way out and there's no evidence of that yet.

My current position is take the "generational player" that can play all DB and some LB. 6'4" 224 radar 21 mph is nuts.

Another bit of info is I recently saw Salyer measured at 6 ft 2 and 7/8 which is shorter than I prefer at offensive tackle. He'd be my LG and one of our thirds.

I would not be upset if Icky Okowonu or Cross chosen even less if on a trade down.
I just go back to you thinking Davenport was the answer at LT.

Salyer has always been an og IMHO. Where did you get these measurements?

If a pro bowl lt isn't worth more than a late Rd pick they should hold onto Tunsil.

I think Tunsil’s actions have shown a player who has no desire in spending any more of his time nor the rest of his career with the Texans. A player who doesn’t want to be here while possessing trade value would be on the first mode of transportation out of here in my book. That’s a festering cancer that can have no place in the Texans locker room.

That's fine. If you have a plan to use that type of player effectively. All I've ever seen a safety do in Lovie's defense is play the back end of a zone. You don't need a generational player to do that.

….I also think Lovie would be savvy enough to know how to deploy a talent like Hamilton within his defense to get the most out of him. Ability, size and speed like his, for the defensive backfield, don’t come around that often.

I think Tunsil’s actions have shown a player who has no desire in spending any more of his time nor the rest of his career with the Texans. A player who doesn’t want to be here while possessing trade value would be on the first mode of transportation out of here in my book. That’s a festering cancer that can have no place in the Texans locker room.

This is nothing but speculation by the posters that either didn't like the Tunsil trade or want to be done with anything BOB. If we're going to speculate, I've heard the Texans shutdown Tunsil, not that he doesn't want to play for them. The reason the Texans put Tunsil on ice was either 1. To help with the tank job, 2. To keep Tunsil healthy so they can trade him this offseason. Time will tell which of these situations are true. Right now we dont know. I'm just leery of Caserio trading Tunsil and the Texans OL looking like they did last yr, (I.E. the Dolphins OL.) if they trade Tunsil

Reactions: JB
I definitely agree with that and was hoping Lovie Smith would be replaced by a more aggressive type defensive coordinator. I do get that he made the most out of what he had and the injuries.

Georgia's Salyer height will be clarified at the combine.

6'2" https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/2/...e-salyer-og-georgia-scouting-report-ny-giants

6'4

6'2"
I see Salyer as an O Guard only and probably not much help his rookie season but I am still interested.

….I also think Lovie would be savvy enough to know how to deploy a talent like Hamilton within his defense to get the most out of him. Ability, size and speed like his, for the defensive backfield, don’t come around that often.
My concern is not so much with the players that should be available to us in the draft but rather the concern is if Lovie and the other coaches can develop those players as well as those already on the team.

My support of Davenport was based upon what I had seen him do on his own with zilch from his line coach. My high-end for him was only as a slightly above-average left tackle but good enough to maintain that until we could replace him. Unfortunately that did not happen. I'm not sure our new guy is any better than our old coach Devlin.

Tunsil was well past healing guidelines for thumb surgery when a "shut down" suggestion was mentioned from IIRC a non Texans source. From a pure business standpoint I would not blame laremy tunsil for wanting to not play for this team this past season. Power from a fan point of view I do blame him for not returning to his job sooner.

My concern is not so much with the players that should be available to us in the draft but rather the concern is if Lovie and the other coaches can develop those players as well as those already on the team.

My support of Davenport was based upon what I had seen him do on his own with zilch from his line coach. My high-end for him was only as a slightly above-average left tackle but good enough to maintain that until we could replace him. Unfortunately that did not happen. I'm not sure our new guy is any better than our old coach Devlin.

I like the staff that Lovie and Pep have assembled thus far. I can’t throw a grade at this until we’re a few games into the 2022 season.

As for Davenport….wasn’t fair that he got strapped to OB’s lame offensive system and even worse OL Coach, Mike Devlin. Devlin may have burned through enough drafted talent to make one wonder how he would ever get another OL Coaching gig.

I definitely agree with that and was hoping Lovie Smith would be replaced by a more aggressive type defensive coordinator. I do get that he made the most out of what he had and the injuries.
To be fair, it's not just the Texans that have to answer these questions about how to deploy Hamilton. Teams had the same questions about how to use Isaiah Simmons when he came out. Carolina's Jeremy Chinn was also a similar player. My gut feeling is that Robert Saleh and the Jets might have the best idea. Saleh was on the Seahawks staff during the Legion of Boom years, and could use Hamilton like a combo Earl Thomas/Kam Chancellor.

I’m going with LT- Ikem Ekwonu as the most complete LT entering the 2022 NFL Draft. He can do it all and he does it with a pure nasty demeanor. Cross has played in a basic Run-N-Shoot offense and hasn’t had to prove if he can run block. That was my knock on Tunsil. A softie in pass protection but not much in the run game. Ekwonu does both at the plus-plus level.

As for Hamilton…..he’d be a massive impact player in Lovie’s defense. He’s already a proven ball-hawk that I think Lovie could get selected to the Pro Bowl in his first season. Still like the “generational player” being thrown around when describing his potential.
Ben Fennell on Twitter: "Cleannnnn outside spin from Jermaine Johnson vs LT Ekwonu 👀 #SavedByTheSlide https://t.co/prbxCvdFmc" / Twitter

In accordance to the thread title, I did a quick three round Mock.
1. Watson to the Commanders. RD1 and RD2 (Commanders need a QB1 and they have the cap space and assets to get a deal done)
2. Tunsil to the Bengals. RD1, RD5, and RD5 (Bengals need OL help asap and have the cap space and assets to make this a no-brainer move)
3. Cooks to Raiders. RD2 (Raiders need a WR on the heals of losing Ruggs and to fill that need with a veteran for McDaniel’s new offense)

RD1-03: SS- Kyle Hamilton (ND)
RD1-11: WR- Chris Olave (OH St)
RD1-31: LG- Zion Johnson (BC)

RD2-35: FS- Daxton Hill (MI)
RD2-43: RB- Breece Hall (IA St)
RD2-54: TE- Trey McBride (CO St)

RD3-67: LB- Chad Muma (WY)
RD3-82: RG- Andrew Stueber (MI)

That would be 3 very nice pieces for Lovie’s defense in the first three rounds. Hamilton and Hill would be amazing assets in the defensive backfield and have the ability to work out on the corners, if need be, while being used aggressively by Lovie pretty much anywhere else he desires. It would be extremely nice to have a bonafide sideline to sideline tackling machine that can do his damage at the LOS as well.

There would be 5 pieces for Pep’s new offense. Olave would represent a big plus for the receivers as WR1 and McBride ups the potential for the TE’s as well. Johnson and Stueber are a couple of solid, nasty demeanor’d road graders that can pass block. Hall would be a solid first piece for the Texans running game and a perfect safety valve for Mills in the passing game.

Last edited:
To be fair, it's not just the Texans that have to answer these questions about how to deploy Hamilton. Teams had the same questions about how to use Isaiah Simmons when he came out. Carolina's Jeremy Chinn was also a similar player. My gut feeling is that Robert Saleh and the Jets might have the best idea. Saleh was on the Seahawks staff during the Legion of Boom years, and could use Hamilton like a combo Earl Thomas/Kam Chancellor.
If Saleh wants to give us Pick 4 and 2.38 for Hamilton, I will listen.

T
TBF, one can probably find outlier such as this on every player at every position. I am concerned about Ekwonu's slides with speed rushers but supposedly we need a run game and he excels there.
Agree, everyone has a bad piece of tape. This one was pretty bad. Ekwonu has good enough straight line, his lateral just isn't there. Will make a good RT a better OG. IMHO.

No but I almost posted earlier 10 and both round twos I would do. The pressure should be on the Jets.
After thinking I would probably take 1.10 and trade it down and use 35, 37 + 38 for Daxton Hill, McCreary and Lewis Cine.

I would think that there would be a strong market for 1.10.

Off top of my head Detroit 1.32 + 2.34 + 3.66 for ten and get best WR ?

I really like a lot of players I see in round two.

Georgia's Salyer height will be clarified at the combine.

6'2" https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/2/...e-salyer-og-georgia-scouting-report-ny-giants

6'4

6'2"
I see Salyer as an O Guard only and probably not much help his rookie season but I am still interested.

Gotta disagree.

Go back and watch the 2nd half of the National Championship game. Salyer started at LT and did a good job in the 1st half. They moved him to RG in the 2nd half and the run game took off. Why? Because Salyer was absolutely wrecking shop against Mathis in the 2nd half.

Salyer would be an automatic upgrade at RG, although he can play LG also. Guys a top 40 prospect. IMHO He's short but that wont hurt him at an OG spot. I hope you're right and Salyer drops to 3-68. Guys a stud.

How's Davenport doing these days?

There will be more clarity post combine.

#3 Kyle Hamilton, DB, Notre Dame, 6-4 220
BPA, would assume defensive leadership role in Lovie Smith scheme….. generational talent.

#37 Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma, 6-4 292
Had dominant Senior Bowl. Instinctive inside 4-3 tackle who also fits Lovie Smith scheme.

#68 Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa, 6-6 332
Starting RT, keeping Tunsil LT. Fierce, nasty rising tackle giving Mills body guard and road grader.

There will be more clarity post combine.

#3 Kyle Hamilton, DB, Notre Dame, 6-4 220
BPA, would assume defensive leadership role in Lovie Smith scheme….. generational talent.

#37 Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma, 6-4 292
Had dominant Senior Bowl. Instinctive inside 4-3 tackle who also fits Lovie Smith scheme.

#68 Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa, 6-6 332
Starting RT, keeping Tunsil LT. Fierce, nasty rising tackle giving Mills body guard and road grader.

fortunately or unfortunately,
this is so realistic
its scary

My current wish list. That Commanders #11 pick would sure be nice to add to the mix if the WD40 legal issues clear up…

1.3) Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu

2.37) Kyler Gordon, Kenneth Walker, Breece Hall, Devonte Wyatt, Treylon Burks (if his combine workout lowers his stock)

3.68) Tyler Smith, Darian Kinnard, Cole Strange, Boye Mafe, Jalen Tolbert, Christian Watson, George Pickens

3.80) Coby Bryant, Mario Goodrich, Dominique Robinson, Cade Otton, Jeremy Ruckert

My current wish list. That Commanders #11 pick would sure be nice to add to the mix if the WD40 legal issues clear up…

2.37) Kyler Gordon, Kenneth Walker, Breece Hall, Devonte Wyatt, Treylon Burks (if his combine workout lowers his stock)

3.68) Tyler Smith, Darian Kinnard, Cole Strange, Boye Mafe, Jalen Tolbert, Christian Watson, George Pickens

3.80) Coby Bryant, Mario Goodrich, Dominique Robinson, Cade Otton, Jeremy Ruckert

like your groupings

like your groupings

Thanks, would add Salyer to one of the group but can’t decide between 2.37 or 3.68. I think hes a late 40s early 50s range pick.

2.37 could be where the trade down happens with how the QBs are rated. More likely a team makes a move in that range for “their guy”.

Some recent trades in that range are in this article below:

We should improve the team around him. But Mills improved soooo much with a deteriorating team around him, I'm thinking he's going to be special regardless.
I can't wait to see if Caserio sees it this way.
Like you, I think he has played well on a poor team - how good could he be with some upgrades around him?
We definitely need to find out this coming season.

I really like your list. Strange is definitely moving up my board.

Makes sense.
Good CBs are prohibitively expensive in FA, so why no chance your hand on one in the draft?
Derek Stingley is a potential "generational" player - an injury took that tag from him.
If he can get healthy by pre season, Lovie will looovvve having this young man on his squad and vice versa. Could be a great match.

I’m going to give this a shot. First I am not going to include Watson in any trade prediction. I would trade Tunsil to the Bengals for their 1 (31) and 3 (95).

1 (3) Aiden Hutchinson-DE-Michigan
1 (31) Chris Olave- WR-Ohio State
2 (37) Breece Hall- RB-Iowa State
3 (68) Darian Kinnard-OT- Kentucky
3 (80) Ahmad Gardner- CB- Cincinnati
3 (95) Zion Johnson- OG- Boston College
4 (130) Derrick Deese Jr.- TE-San Jose State
6 (183) Marcus Jones- CB- Houston
6 (202) Christian Watson- WR- North Dakota State
7 ( 248) Jesse Luketa- LB- Penn State

I doubt Thibodeaux was aware of Texan fans' dissatisfaction with Clowney when he used that example.

Whether figured it out on his own or somebody helped Thibodeaux, it is a good comp. When watched Thibodeaux he was well above average against the run and setting edges, but did not put the QB Ass on the ground enough to warrant the mid-season "number 1 in the draft" I hope that steals moves like he says he will or he really will be J. clowney all over again.

Whether figured it out on his own or somebody helped Thibodeaux, it is a good comp. When watched Thibodeaux he was well above average against the run and setting edges, but did not put the QB Ass on the ground enough to warrant the mid-season "number 1 in the draft" I hope that steals moves like he says he will or he really will be J. clowney all over again.
IMO I don't see Thibodeaux being a good fit for Lovie's 4-3 defense. Thibodeaux is more effective standing up as a 5 or 7 technique OLB in a 3 - 4 defense than he is with his hand in the dirt 4-3 DE.

Back