Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Jets /gameday thread

watermelonp1.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel on Sunday's. About 3:05 PM to be exact.

So are you done with the koolaid?

I don't know. I'm extremely frustrated right now, and acknowledge that changes need to be made. I just don't know how extensive those changes need to be. Right now, I'm thinking that everyone below Cal McNair needs to have a new address starting Jan. 6, 2011.

I watched the game today at my families house and some of them were in town that I hadn't seen in years and are die hard Eagles fans.

We were watching the game and I was just detached the whole time, even when Houston started to take the lead. I just knew something assinine would happen and I have a lot of apathy right now.

They couldn't understand why I bitched the whole game about shitty defense, Kubiak, shitty defense, how the season started off and fell to ****, Kubiak and how Kubiak needs to go.

Then the shlarting of the panties by the Texans in the last SECONDS of the game illustrated all that I had bitched about. My uncle was more pissed than me and he's an Eagles fan!!!! He was livid that such a craptastrophy was allowed to happen on the field. I merely chuckled.......

They all then understood my anger and apathy. They didn't even realize that until last year we have never been over .500 and have never been to the playoffs.

Dude, seconds left to go and the Jets are allowed to storm back for the win.

If you don't think the Texans are back to being viewed the joke of the NFL again by the media, opposing players, fans, etc... you are kidding yourself.

Embarrassing.

I watched the game today at my families house and some of them were in town that I hadn't seen in years and are die hard Eagles fans.

We were watching the game and I was just detached the whole time, even when Houston started to take the lead. I just knew something assinine would happen and I have a lot of apathy right now.

They couldn't understand why I bitched the whole game about shitty defense, Kubiak, shitty defense, how the season started off and fell to ****, Kubiak and how Kubiak needs to go.

Then the shlarting of the panties by the Texans in the last SECONDS of the game illustrated all that I had bitched about. My uncle was more pissed than me and he's an Eagles fan!!!! He was livid that such a craptastrophy was allowed to happen on the field. I merely chuckled.......

They all then understood my anger and apathy. They didn't even realize that until last year we have never been over .500 and have never been to the playoffs.

Dude, seconds left to go and the Jets are allowed to storm back for the win.

If you don't think the Texans are back to being viewed the joke of the NFL again by the media, opposing players, fans, etc... you are kidding yourself.

Embarrassing.

My boss is a transplant Jets fan from Long Island....we watched the game together. It's bad when he tells me he feels bad for Texan fans. I feel your pain. Thank god for Whiskey.

No sunshine being pumped here, but your premise in context to my post is asinine.

The coaches will hopefully be gone for bringing the players in but are you seriously saying that coaching is the reason Wilson has no speed to get over the top on that braylon edwards pass? You seriously think that Bush & co. forgot to coach Wilson up on the fact that he's got deep half in cover 2? Hell, he's supposed to be our vet back there. You can't coach someone up on speed........

The problem wasn't Wilson's speed. I didn't get to watch the game, but I did get to see the last series, I played that particular play over & over & over again, to find out what happened.

#1, the pass rush failed, that was at least 40 yards in the air..... can't give any QB that kind of time.

#2, Wilson made his move too soon. He's got two receivers on that side, he chose to cover Brad Smith in the slot. Sanchez threw a perfect ball to Edwards...... Allen let Edwards by way too soon, expecting help over the top. Had Wilson chose Edwards, Smith would have had a big play over Quin (I think).

#3, If you look up top on that play, you can see KJack has perfect coverage on his guy, whoever that was, but he might not have been as fast as Edwards or Smith.

#4, Mario had a good game (sounded like it on the radio anyway) but what happened to Smith, other than the penalty, I don't remember hearing his name. As much effort as the guy puts out, and as much as some on this board want to hype him up (I do like Smith, don't get me wrong) but it's plays like this, that we need to hear his name as well.

The problem wasn't Wilson's speed. I didn't get to watch the game, but I did get to see the last series, I played that particular play over & over & over again, to find out what happened.

#1, the pass rush failed, that was at least 40 yards in the air..... can't give any QB that kind of time.

#2, Wilson made his move too soon. He's got two receivers on that side, he chose to cover Brad Smith in the slot. Sanchez threw a perfect ball to Edwards...... Allen let Edwards by way too soon, expecting help over the top. Had Wilson chose Edwards, Smith would have had a big play over Quin (I think).

#3, If you look up top on that play, you can see KJack has perfect coverage on his guy, whoever that was, but he might not have been as fast as Edwards or Smith.

#4, Mario had a good game (sounded like it on the radio anyway) but what happened to Smith, other than the penalty, I don't remember hearing his name. As much effort as the guy puts out, and as much as some on this board want to hype him up (I do like Smith, don't get me wrong) but it's plays like this, that we need to hear his name as well.

And as mentioned on FNIA, the coaches had Allen in the wrong coverage. He had inside leverage and allowed the WR the sideline. Had he covered the sideline and forced the route inside Wilson would more than likely been within range to break it up.

Nice! Geico play of the day is Quin getting burnt for the winning TD. Again!

:choke:

See, it's mis-speak like this, that makes everything look worse than it is. There's nothing Quin could do there. That one was on Bush..... or even Gibbs.

They can't play man, if the receivers cross, & they got to know that. Outside guy has to stay on top & defend the fade. Inside guy has to stay inside & defend the slant.

No, Wilson was cheating that way towards Smith...He should've been playing honest & not favoring anyone & he would've been equidistant and able to make a play on both guys. Instead, he had his back to Edwards & was a few too many steps inside. When you don't have good speed you can't do that...

& this is 1 time you can't blame the pass rush or the front 7. They played pretty well today having shut down the run, 2 sacks, a force fumble & an int. At least pollard will knock the crap out of you, Quinn, Wilson & McCain are just terrible & bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The joke used to be the Texan O-line (fair or not). Now, it's the pass defense. Or as another poster wrote "pass efense" (No "d").

No, Wilson was cheating that way towards Smith...He should've been playing honest & not favoring anyone & he would've been equidistant and able to make a play on both guys. Instead, he had his back to Edwards & was a few too many steps inside. When you don't have good speed you can't do that...
We're saying the same thing. He should have split the receivers, until Sanchez made his decision, and threw the ball. You're saying he cheated over Smith, I'm saying he moved to soon........ same thing.
& this is 1 time you can't blame the pass rush or the front 7. They played pretty well today having shut down the run, 2 sacks, a force fumble & an int. At least pollard will knock the crap out of you, Quinn, Wilson & McCain are just terrible & bring absolutely nothing to the table.

Gotta forget the last play, good or bad, doesn't mean nothing with 20 some seconds on the clock. That play, they called for a 4 man rush, the receivers were 40 yards (may as well been miles) down field... it takes time for a receiver to get 40 yards down field.... 4 seconds without pads.... Pass rush was good all day.... just not on that play.

We're saying the same thing. He should have split the receivers, until Sanchez made his decision, and threw the ball. You're saying he cheated over Smith, I'm saying he moved to soon........ same thing.

Gotta forget the last play, good or bad, doesn't mean nothing with 20 some seconds on the clock. That play, they called for a 4 man rush, the receivers were 40 yards (may as well been miles) down field... it takes time for a receiver to get 40 yards down field.... 4 seconds without pads.... Pass rush was good all day.... just not on that play.

After that Edwards play, You can see Allen's frustration with wilson not being there. He was absolutely pissed In cover 2, a slow safety really makes the cb look bad & on that play Wilson clearly screwed up.

After that Edwards play, You can see Allen's frustration with wilson not being there. He was absolutely pissed In cover 2, a slow safety really makes the cb look bad & on that play Wilson clearly screwed up.

We...

Are...

Saying...

The...

Same...

Thing...

Wilson...

Screwed...

Up...

Slow enough for ya???

But look up top. KJ is covering that reciever up well. Sanchez couldn't throw him the ball if he wanted to. I'm assuming that's Pollard up top...... maybe Nolan. But his job is much easier with KJ forcing the receiver to the sideline, and sticking with him step for step, slightly under.

Edwards should not have gotten past Allen, especially with the cushion Allen was giving. Looked like Allen was either expecting the Safety to exclusively cover his guy & for the pass rush to get home sooner. Neither happened, Allen looks like a clown.

Doesn't change the fact that had Wilson done his job better, the play never would have happened.... but many things went wrong on that play.

We...

Are...

Saying...

The...

Same...

Thing...

Wilson...

Screwed...

Up...

Slow enough for ya???

But look up top. KJ is covering that reciever up well. Sanchez couldn't throw him the ball if he wanted to. I'm assuming that's Pollard up top...... maybe Nolan. But his job is much easier with KJ forcing the receiver to the sideline, and sticking with him step for step, slightly under.

Edwards should not have gotten past Allen, especially with the cushion Allen was giving. Looked like Allen was either expecting the Safety to exclusively cover his guy & for the pass rush to get home sooner. Neither happened, Allen looks like a clown.

Doesn't change the fact that had Wilson done his job better, the play never would have happened.... but many things went wrong on that play.

no.....cover 2, allen did exactly what he was supposed to do, his only mistake was relying on Wilson to be in position.

no.....cover 2, allen did exactly what he was supposed to do, his only mistake was relying on Wilson to be in position.

You're right, we are not saying the same thing......

Like you said, it's cover two. Look on the other side, see how KJ played it. No way Sanchez can throw that ball.

Watch Allen, he gives 10 yard cushion, then he runs with Edwards, then he pulls back & doesn't recover.

Had Wilson not screwed up, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but he did screw up.

Tell me why Allen couldn't have played that better?

You're right, we are not saying the same thing......

Like you said, it's cover two. Look on the other side, see how KJ played it. No way Sanchez can throw that ball.

Watch Allen, he gives 10 yard cushion, then he runs with Edwards, then he pulls back & doesn't recover.

Had Wilson not screwed up, it wouldn't have been a big deal, but he did screw up.

Tell me why Allen couldn't have played that better?

According to Kubiak's description of what happened there Allen was in decent position. He said they were in Cover 2 man...He said they wanted the corners to play a trailing technique there.

When the host asked him about Eugene Wilson he kind of shied away from saying he messed up, but he did say "we've got to do a better job there".

I can understand having the corners playing a trail technique to protect against the purposefully under thrown ball...Basically you want to create a sandwich...

Eugene shouldn't have bit on that inside receiver because even if he catches the ball they still have to get up to the line and spike it whereas he knows the corner is playing a trailing technique and he gives up that sideline catch....

That wasn't very smart.

Back