Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Clash With The Titans! 12pm Saturday

beerlover

Hall of Fame
They should have drafted a QB couple years ago. Whoever thought Tannehill was elite should have got furred. That was the beginning of the end for them imo.
Agreed. But there is another lesson to be learned (we know this already lol) how dominoes fall once in motion.

Highlights on today's game, shared at the game winning drive.

Edit: I guess it won't share on this platform. GW drive starts at 7:45

That Willis interception to Harris @ 9:17 late was brutal. Just didn't see him at all there... But how about the impact Harris had had on the defense since becoming a starter on this team. Texans still aren't great, but there's definitely been an improvement in the LB play. Caserio really hit a HR on Day 2 of the draft, not so much on Day 1 (at least not yet).

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Imagine Texans winning out and “running it back” with Lovie/Pep/Mills…
I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But they’ve got to have learned from their mistakes. Play Mills throughout the preseason. Get some new skilled guys & have them play a lot during the preseason. Get quality depth on the OL. & dump Burkhead.

fire Lovie & Pep at the end of the season get a real coach & start looking for your QB. You don’t have to draft one in 2024… but start looking regardless how “good” you think Mills is.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But they’ve got to have learned from their mistakes. Play Mills throughout the preseason. Get some new skilled guys & have them play a lot during the preseason. Get quality depth on the OL. & dump Burkhead.
1671927373053.png

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame

fire Lovie & Pep at the end of the season get a real coach & start looking for your QB. You don’t have to draft one in 2024… but start looking regardless how “good” you think Mills is.
did you see that fumble recovery for six?!? That's worth an extension..

signed Rex

ninetyfour

Practice Squad
How do you figure that? Expecting everyone else to lose out?
6th pick if Ind Ari Den LaR Chi lose their next two and we win out then yes. Looking at their schedules, they’re playing higher ranked overall teams.

I dont see chicago beating lions or vikings so if we win one of the next two games, then we go from 1st to 2nd pick.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
6th pick if Ind Ari Den LaR Chi lose their next two and we win out then yes. Looking at their schedules, they’re playing higher ranked overall teams.

I dont see chicago beating lions or vikings so if we win one of the next two games, then we go from 1st to 2nd pick.

denver will beat the chargers and maybe the bears will beat the vikes ...vikes wont be playing for nothing and besides its kirk in a snow bowl in chicago

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club

Den and LAR play each other so the worst the Texans will pick is #3
Actually, if Ariz loses out the Texans can pick #4?

Last edited:

If the Eagles win next week against the Saints, then there will be no playoff implications for the Vikes the following week against against the Bears. The Vikes could rest players which could give the Bears the win.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Neither would any other QB.
I'm not arguing another would.

Did I lose you somewhere?

For whatever reason Driskel adds a little ball control aspect to our offense. Without Pierce, without Green... they needed to do something. & the two QB thing is working better than just Mills or just Allen

I don't know how you can argue that. They managed to limit the Cowboys & Chiefs possessions by keeping the ball

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I'm not arguing another would.

Did I lose you somewhere?

For whatever reason Driskel adds a little ball control aspect to our offense. Without Pierce, without Green... they needed to do something. & the two QB thing is working better than just Mills or just Allen

I don't know how you can argue that. They managed to limit the Cowboys & Chiefs possessions by keeping the ball
I respect your opinion, but I feel that overall Driskell has not been a positive as much as he has been a negative, especially if we are keeping Mills for next season's starting job. Again, all I have seen is that Driskell repeatedly has put Mills in 3rd and long situations.........a recipe for automatically putting him in potential repeated high failure situations. We know exactly what Driskell is. The same can't be said for Mills. Mills and most others on this team have tended to regress...........the common denominator is coaching and play calling.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I respect your opinion, but I feel that overall Driskell has not been a positive as much as he has been a negative, especially if we are keeping Mills for next season's starting job. Again, all I have seen is that Driskell repeatedly has put Mills in 3rd and long situations.........a recipe for automatically putting him in potential repeated high failure situations. We know exactly what Driskell is. The same can't be said for Mills. Mills and most others on this team have tended to regress...........the common denominator is coaching and play calling.
We know what Mills is also regardless if they draft a qb or not. Mills is barely a backup.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Again, it’s not much different than handing the ball off to the guys averaging 2.8 ypc.

I don’t see the two QB thing as a reflection on the passing game, but as an indictment on the running game.

That snap when Mills is on the sideline to me doesn’t affect his rhythm anymore than Mills handing the ball off in an obvious run situation.

That they almost abandon the two QB thing in the 4th Qtr tells me they are more invested in Mills than most here want to believe

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
TK, see that beautiful equine up there, about half a page .... that was imagery for 'Cart before the Horse' ! Just don't completely trust these new meds yet !!

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Imagine Texans winning out and “running it back” with Lovie/Pep/Mills…
They're going to run it back regardless I think. I don't think a coach wants to come here when the gm has fired coaches in back to back seasons. If he do come here, he's going to be someone happy to have a job like the last 2 coaches.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They're going to run it back regardless I think. I don't think a coach wants to come here when the gm has fired coaches in back to back seasons. If he do come here, he's going to be someone happy to have a job like the last 2 coaches.
Do you think Caserio makes the final call on hiring/firing HC's?