Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Clash With The Titans! 12pm Saturday

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Will the Texans continue in their legendary pursuit of tanking? Or will they surprise us by actually winning a game?

If the Texans can somehow, and inexplicitly at this moment, manage to stop Henry, they can do it. I'm thinking their only real chance at another win this season will be Indy. I'm gonna hate it when Lawrence of Jacksonhole gets his first win against us.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
Will the Texans continue in their legendary pursuit of tanking? Or will they surprise us by actually winning a game?

If the Texans can somehow, and inexplicitly at this moment, manage to stop Henry, they can do it. I'm thinking their only real chance at another win this season will be Indy. I'm gonna hate it when Lawrence of Jacksonhole gets his first win against us.
ikr maybe a win this game or Indy. I know you start game threads Thorn hope you don't mind. I really got in the mood this very cold morning 16 dgrees in SA. Staying in warm to watch the game. Merry Christmas lookin forward to 2023

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
ikr maybe a win this game or Indy. I know you start game threads Thorn hope you don't mind. I really got in the mood this very cold morning 16 dgrees in SA. Staying in warm to watch the game. Merry Christmas lookin forward to 2023
I don't care who starts the game threads, I was just trying to have some fun. This place is hopeless right now. :lol:

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
It will be the first Texans game I watch in its entirety since the last game against the Titans. I am a fan of history and watching Derrick Henry continue his historic run of 200+ yard games agains the Texans is worth watching imo.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Lovie needs to get away from that soft zone this game and stack the box. Force Willis to beat them over the top
In this particular instance, I would be careful of putting to many in the box. Henry can find a gap and it's off to the races.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
In this particular instance, I would be careful of putting to many in the box. Henry can find a gap and it's off to the races.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Yes but he does that anyway... hence the 200 yard games. Time for a change

Texazan

Our HOF 34
Lovie needs to get away from that soft zone this game and stack the box. Force Willis to beat them over the top
Makes all the common sense in the world which of course means he won’t do it. Too stubborn. I won’t be shocked if Willis goes for a hundo on the ground also

Reactions: JB

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I don't know what math you are doing, but the Texans are giving up 221.4 yards per game passing
no Speedy said rushing yards since the last titans game but I see now he's stating passing yards 225 now but is that the average passing yards since the titans game or all the games? My comment earlier was simply the defense seems to have gotten better the last few games no?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
no Speedy said rushing yards since the last titans game but I see now he's stating passing yards 225 now but is that the average passing yards since the titans game or all the games? My comment earlier was simply the defense seems to have gotten better the last few games no?
The last two games Lovie went away from the defense he's been running all year. He's been more aggressive and mixing looks up; and then at crunch time he reverts to the same old 'play it safe' defense that stops nobody but the Texans

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
You ask about passing yards for some reason, and I gave those.
And the answer is no. Still can't stop the run, still can't make a stop when they need to, no, they're not better.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
You ask about passing yards for some reason, and I gave those.
And the answer is no. Still can't stop the run, still can't make a stop when they need to, no, they're not better.
Yep...and that's the truth and nothing but the truth so help us God.
The draft should be interesting next year and another season. I should be finished up by then with the XFL SA Brahmas season early 2023.
Merry Christmas!

• Haha

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Will not catch the game live b/c friend from Houston is here for the Holiday’s. I’ll catch the game tonight on replay when everyone goes to bed.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
NFL site has the Texans winning today. They must be running out of ideas.

From their site:

Ryan Tannehill is out with an ankle injury. Even if the Titans' QB1 were active, though, this would've been a dangerous game for Tennessee, considering how Houston has competed the last two weeks. Not to mention, the 2021 Titans, who wound up nabbing the AFC's No. 1 seed, suffered a home loss to the Texans. Malik Willis looked better in a tiny sample size last week and he did start Tennessee's defense-dominated win over Houston in Week 8, yet I can't shake the feeling the Texans are playing better football over the last month.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
NFL site has the Texans winning today. They must be running out of ideas.

From their site:
that may be the first time anybody favored the Texans to win except me I think lol. Remember here I say what are you going to do if I'm wrong, take my birthday away. This old man still has some left. lol

Nashville mayor John Cooper requests Tennessee Titans postpone game vs. Houston Texans
As extreme cold temperatures continue to roll through middle Tennessee, Nashville mayor John Cooper has requested that the Tennessee Titans postpone kickoff of their game Saturday against the Houston Texans in solidarity with city-wide rollbacks on power usage.

The Titans (7-7) host the Houston Texans (1-12-1) from Nissan Stadium on Saturday (noon, CBS). Three hours prior to the scheduled kickoff time, the Titans have tarps on the playing surface and are blowing hot air onto the field using gas-powered blowers to try to thaw out the ground. There is scattered ice on the sidelines and near the end zones, but the parts of the playing field that are visible look mostly thawed.

The Titans have no comment at this time about the mayor's statement.

The Tennessee Valley Authority has directed local power companies to "reduce load" and have planned intermittent interruptions to power supply due to high demand with sub-freezing temperatures roving through the area. As of publication, the "feels like" temperature at Nissan Stadium sits at negative-1 degrees.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
That may have been necessary because of the blackouts that Tennessee has been experiencing, but it’s tough for the tens of thousands of fans who are already at the stadium or en route to require them to sit an extra hour in the 15-degree temperatures, not to mention asking them to delay their postgame Christmas Eve celebrations by an hour. It’s been obvious for days that the weather was going to be an issue for today’s game, and it’s surprising that the mayor waited until this morning to ask the Titans to delay the game. LINK

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Football games are not supposed to be postponed because of inclement weather: who is this mayor Nashville, some kind of wimp?
Real men play ball in any weather, whatever the weather, this isn't baseball.
I'm not worried about the weather, but the Texans winning out on the balance of their schedule and falling out of the top two Draft slots, and maybe top 5 slots is what concerns me.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Titans turf is sub-based on sand. After snow days preceding the game, moisture is trapped within the sand and would remain at best be partially frozen despite attempt to warm the field. The field surface in turn may become irregular.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
TITANS INACTIVES:

CB Kristian Fulton

QB Ryan Tannehill

S Amani Hooker

DB Josh Thompson

LB Dylan Cole

CB John Reid

DL Mario Edwards

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The artificial turf field grass blades will not freeze. But they will feel harder in cold weather due to the ground underneath. If it is cold enough for the soil to freeze, there will be less of a natural cushioning effect underneath the turf. The end result will be less shock absorption and a field that feels harder as you run or fall on it. You can expect more injuries. The proper foot ware can make a difference.........but the problem is being able to choose the correct foot ware for various players depending on their playing positions.......a task not accomplished so easily.

TexanBorn51

Veteran
The artificial turf field grass blades will not freeze. But they will feel harder in cold weather due to the ground underneath. If it is cold enough for the soil to freeze, there will be less of a natural cushioning effect underneath the turf. The end result will be less shock absorption and a field that feels harder as you run or fall on it. You can expect more injuries. The proper foot ware can make a difference.........but the problem is being able to choose the correct foot ware for various players depending on their playing positions.......a task not accomplished so easily.
Wow very interesting thanks for the share pros n cons artificial turf freezing soil. Merry Christmas