Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Chargers: Gameday Thread

Why would expect anything less than what we are seeing here today. Other than quarterback, where have we significantly increased the talent of this team in that past 2 years? The Texans are rebuilding. Sounds stupid, but the Texans are rebuilding after the failed Don Capers experience.

Gary Kubiak may fail as a head coach in the NFL, but we do not know that after just 24 games and 2 drafts. He has made some mistakes in player evaluations and game plans, but that should be expected from a first time head coach. Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry did not wear his emotions on his sleeve and his first two years in Dallas he was 4-20 and did not have a winning record until year 7. I’m not saying we should wait 7 years to evaluate Kubiak, but we need to give him longer than 24 games.

And what is the Titans record compared to the Texans? What is Vince Young’s record as a starting quarterback? I wouldn't mind the Texans putting up 53 of offense every week, if they won.

well I still dont see the great improvement at qb, his poise and pocket presence, and that great leadership ability that carr didnt have has given us 3-5. I say that 46 million or whatever it was would have been better spent on 2 or 3 needs. 5 td's and 7 int's after 8 games not very impressive and the numbers have been getting worse not better as the season goes along.

well I still dont see the great improvement at qb, his poise and pocket presence, and that great leadership ability that carr didnt have has given us 3-5. I say that 46 million or whatever it was would have been better spent on 2 or 3 needs. 5 td's and 7 int's after 8 games not very impressive and the numbers have been getting worse not better as the season goes along.

LMAO
Yeah, your Davey lit it up today against the Colts!

Schaub has been playing well and his stats show it (along with actually watching him play)...it's the play of the players around him and the coaching that has been so bad.

I do think Vinny is right in the way we pick our team though. We followed the blueprint to be the "niiiicccccccce" guys of the NFL, etc. We had the talk that they took a guy like Nelson, the S from Florida off our board because of problems off the field. I don't want thugs but I want some attitude and somebody that when it comes game time they want to knock someones block off or put teams away. As I said last week I'm tired of week after week having that same lame press conference of "these are good kids, I'll slap them on the butt and send them on their way and prepare for next week." Someone needs to get pissed. Its time to go after players that can help us win now. I'm tired of "give 'nice guy' 3 years to grow."

Honestly. If I don't see someone from the Texans coaching staff or one of the players get fiery mad in a press conference I am going to beleive that this team just doesn't care very much. The whole team should be red hot after this game, but I doubt I will see any emotion from anyone. They will probably interview Anthony Weaver and he will say with his soft tone, "You know we just have to go out there and prepare."

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!!!

A street free agent was better than our #2 & #3 RBs on our roster.

I stopped watching for the first time in 6 years and tune back in just in time for another interception and this time on the 7 yard line.

I honestly do not think this team can win another game this season if they continue to play like this.

I am watching a steven baldwin movie now instead of the Texans ..STEVEN FREAKING BALDWIN!! heck even alec baldwin movie would be an upgrade(not saying much beyond "hunt for red october")

"one bad cop" over a "another bad game"

I just really don't see why people would waste money to go to a Texans game, unless maybe they are playing Miami.... why waste a day to go to the stadium, pay cash, expensive food and drinks.... when I can just chill out the house and watch them suck.

All you booers.... just don't go to the games, the management will feel that is attendance goes down to nothing but the opposing teams fans.

I just really don't see why people would waste money to go to a Texans game, unless maybe they are playing Miami.... why waste a day to go to the stadium, pay cash, expensive food and drinks.... when I can just chill out the house and watch them suck.

All you booers.... just don't go to the games, the management will feel that is attendance goes down to nothing but the opposing teams fans.

I won't. I was actually planning on going to one in Reliant this year, but I don't think I am going to make the trip this year. I already went out to Jacksonville to watch our team get beat by 30 points by our division rival.

I would still go to Reliant. I still love the team despite today's humiliating loss.
Have some respect kid.

I won't. I was actually planning on going to one in Reliant this year, but I don't think I am going to make the trip this year. I already went out to Jacksonville to watch our team get beat by 30 points by our division rival.

I went to the Titans game, and don't think I will go back again until they can prove that it isn't a waste of money to go. I am just not going to pay to go watch people trample the Texans.... not my thing.

He was only a league leader in stats befor the last two games where injuried forced him out. We are getting behind the 8 ball before we even have a chance and he is still better than Carr with 10 career starts or whatever compared to 5 years. I mean how did Joe Gloves do today?He had an old man off the street beat him out for second string.

He was only a league leader in stats befor the last two games where injuried forced him out. We are getting behind the 8 ball before we even have a chance and he is still better than Carr with 10 career starts or whatever compared to 5 years. I mean how did Joe Gloves do today?He had an old man off the street beat him out for second string.

I never said who was or wasnt better it was in response to someone saying significant improvement. I still stand by what I said, is there improvement, yes, significant, no.

I said in the beginning of the year schaub should start good then when he starts to get hit and game film adds up on him we will see what happens, and it hasnt been good.

Since the first 2 wins, 1-5 2td's 6 int's and 7 fumbles.

So tell me where I am wrong.

I never said who was or wasnt better it was in response to someone saying significant improvement. I still stand by what I said, is there improvement, yes, significant, no.

I said in the beginning of the year schaub should start good then when he starts to get hit and game film adds up on him we will see what happens, and it hasnt been good.

you're using stats instead of your eyes

Because your not watching the same games I am. I watch the pocket presence, etc and still am impressed despite what we are giving him. I never could say the same the last two years. I still like the way he plays and think he is a vastly better option than we had with his number of starts. He definitely isn't perfect but I don't see someone lost after years of playing and leading us to a dead end. Plus his stats were still pretty good going into the last two games..not just after the first two. Its the difference between knowing football and just looking at the small picture.

Junior, have you completely forgotten that you are comparing a QB with AJ to throw to and a QB without AJ to throw to. You say "after two games" but that is also after our best offensive player/receiver/gamebreaker is injured. You must include that in your analysis.

Junior, have you completely forgotten that you are comparing a QB with AJ to throw to and a QB without AJ to throw to. You say "after two games" but that is also after our best offensive player/receiver/gamebreaker is injured. You must include that in your analysis.

absolutely, are right about that. that definitely goes into wins and td's but int's and fumbles thats doesnt.

still I have never said he isn't an improvement, my arguement is the degree of improvement. thats all.

I have said before that schaub is not that acurate as far as where he puts the ball, and I was told I should be kicked in the head, but he has shown a consitancy of throwing the balls high and low and behind the recievers. His best throw and his biggest improvement over Carr is his deep ball,is usually right on as well as the confidence the team has in him which is huge.

His biggest fault so far is he can't take the beating that Carr did which could be really bad since he is already beat up after 8 games. The constant hurting is what leads to the happy feet short passes and anticiation of getting hit. The way its going that might in his future unless the o-line can get things straight.

absolutely, are right about that. that definitely goes into wins and td's but int's and fumbles thats doesnt.

still I have never said he isn't an improvement, my arguement is the degree of improvement. thats all.

His biggest fault so far is he can't take the beating that Carr did which could be really bad since he is already beat up after 8 games. The constant hurting is what leads to the happy feet short passes and anticiation of getting hit. The way its going that might in his future unless the o-line can get things straight.

I understand and respect your argument, I don't think Matt Schaub has played great either.

You have also got to take into account how many times Carr fell down and protected himself when he was hit. Schaub fights for everything. He takes hard hits because he is making plays as he is taking them. Carr would take a 5 yard sack by falling down in front of a lineman. Carr was also the king of "happy feet". When Carr took a snap it looked as if he was panicking the entire time. Schaub looks poised. The improvements are very evident, they shouldn't be hard to see.

Your point may be true about Carr being less prone to injury however.

I have said before that schaub is not that acurate as far as where he puts the ball, and I was told I should be kicked in the head, but he has shown a consitancy of throwing the balls high and low and behind the recievers. His best throw and his biggest improvement over Carr is his deep ball,is usually right on as well as the confidence the team has in him which is huge.

I'd say his biggest improvement over Carr is his ability to read the field. He finds alot more open targets than Carr did. His accuracy is also improved from Carr. Carr's throw never had touch. His throws were almost always bullet passes and he was always fighting to throw around people. Schaub's throw is very controlled and he knows how to take a little off and drop a pass in when needed. Carr apporoached every throw in the same way: throw it really hard and get it there really fast.

Overall, I think Schaub is playing fair but showing me that he can be a guy to build around. His arm looks good, even his deep ball which people were saying was his weakness I beleive. He reads defenses very quickly and finds the open man on many plays. I expect him to throw interceptions this year, but he has thrown more than I would have liked. The biggest problem I am seeing, as you mentioned, is fumbling. Sometimes it is almost impossible to prevent but it is something he needs to work on. I understand that it is his first season starting but ball security is something I would drill into this guy's head early. With that I think he can be a great quarterback.

New Texans mascot:

cute-kitten.jpg

Attachments

• Texans.jpg
    Texans.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
Back