Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans at Raiders Game Day Thread

that is a load of crap

I'm the biggest anti-Schaub guy out here...and I must say that AJ DID quit on that route.

This whole team looked sloppy. Steve Slaton excluded.

AJ gets in a funk early on and can't snap out of it.

Schaub is by no means excluded from this debacle, but you can tell he feels like everyone around him is playing in slow-motion.

Playcalling on both sides of the ball has been atrocious today. Atrocious.

Well, the boards should light up this week.

How's that feel Mr. McNair - think we need to do some changes this offseason?

LucyFootball.jpg

Silver Lining:

At least our quarterback won't be smiling during the postgame
interview. David Carr was notorious for that.

R.I.P Texan's hope of a winning season.

Blame Kubiak all you want, but we gave up 27 freaking points to the effin' Raiders.

Richhhhhhhhard Smithhhhhhhh.

Kubiak has been the one who decided to keep him all this time, so yea I blame Kubiak.

Man, this team can not win when anything is on the line. We have a chance to have our first winning season and lay an egg against the Raiders. As good as it felt last week beating the Titans, it feels as bad this week. I was on such a cloud 9 and then they play like this causing me to crash. Thanks a lot. :wild:

Yeah TexansChick was right as usual. Our defense sucks and has made the Raiders look like they have a playoff caliber offense.

What's worse is Slaton has done nothing, and our entire offense has looked pathetic. AJ has been neutralized as well. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He stopped running his in route after he figured he wasn't going to get the ball. Schaub was pissed at him even though he should have never thrown it there in the first place.

so you know the playcall wasn't for the ball to be thrown on an out route? schaub threw a bad ball, simple as that.

The return of the infamous "Bend But Don't Break" defense.

Props to the Raiders: They did to us what we had been doing to other teams the past four weeks, which is being aggressive on both sides of the ball and playing like your life depended upon it.

We, on the other hand, appeared as if Kubiak got the whole team lost on the way to California and just rolled up to the stadium as the game was starting.

This game felt all wrong from the opening scoring drive by Oakland.

The writing has been on the wall all week. We looked right past these guys.... This team sure went from looking like they deserved to go to the play-off to looking like they need some early draft help....

I must say though, this one is on Kubiak. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Well, looks like you found Tony Romo's cartoon...

Ouch.

Cowboys losing in dramatic fashion is the only thing that makes this weekend somewhat bearable. (Yeah, that probably makes me a bad sport, but good God, thanks for small favors.)

I'm the biggest anti-Schaub guy out here...and I must say that AJ DID quit on that route.

This whole team looked sloppy. Steve Slaton excluded.

AJ gets in a funk early on and can't snap out of it.

Schaub is by no means excluded from this debacle, but you can tell he feels like everyone around him is playing in slow-motion.

Playcalling on both sides of the ball has been atrocious today. Atrocious.

In AJs defense when it takes you 3+ Q's to throw the ball to the best WR in the league he should be pissed. I wouldn't be upset if AJ walked up to Kubes, Shanny and Schaub and punched them all in the ****ing face.

3rd/10 36: Schaub to Slaton, cuts left to the 39.

4th/7 39: Schaub passes to Daniels across to OAK44.

Take a knee - save some dignity

--EDIT--

No need. OAK made Matt take a "back" and ended the game.

I am just pissed. Needed to say that.

Pissed.

There is no way we lose to that turdy team. Our defensive playcalling was exactly like it was the first half of the season. Stupid-ass four-man front with no pressure on a QB who has done jack squat all year...until he played US.

Oline getting Schaub touched and hurried all game long.

Schaub has a right to be pissed. He led this team against GB and Tennessee, and the supporting cast TODAY was in La-La Land all freaking game.

Damn you Houston Heartbreakers.

Merry christmas y'all, I'll be back home again for the last game of the season. Take care now :)

Why is AJ on the bench?

This team just went "Soap OPera," that's what happened.

AJ pouts when he doesn't get fed the ball early on, then he plays lazy because he isn't in a groove, and then at the end of the game when he's needed...he doesn't finish routes and he doesn't give a crap.

He's a Pro Bowler, just not TODAY.

This team just went "Soap OPera," that's what happened.

AJ pouts when he doesn't get fed the ball early on, then he plays lazy because he isn't in a groove, and then at the end of the game when he's needed...he doesn't finish routes and he doesn't give a crap.

He's a Pro Bowler, just not TODAY.

Oh, drama. Get your popcorn ready.

There is NO Santa this year!

Yeah it seems that way. What I am really trying to understand from this game: is our offensive line just terrible or is our defensive line the terrible unit? I mean they seemed to be getting pressure on Schaub, although he got rid of the ball, all game, yet we were hardly ever getting pressure on Russell other than that sack/fumble by Okoye.

Could be worse.

We could be the Jets, choking away our playoff spot.

All this loss did was show the Texans they have to play hard to win, and improve our draft position.

8-8, let's go.

This would have been nothing more than a moral victory and hopes of our first 9-7 season (for pure bragging rights). It still hurts because it was against the Raiders, but, there is nothing we can do.

The way they were playing defense we really should have concentrated on establishing the run and then started passing.

The first drive that they let Oakland score I knew it was going to go bad. I don't know what it was, but they just didn't play right... Of course Schaub is going to throw at LEAST one INT because that's what he does.... but come on...NOTHING went right. It felt like those first games where a few of the guys were tryiing to pull all the weight from those that had their heads too busy stuck up their a&&. What hurts the most is that last week I felt like we really made a giant leap, and then ....this loss.....well, at least for the franchise, I know it's going to mean a lot more than last week's win. ...And before the game was even over, I heard it on the tv. Sad. Only thing I can be somewhat pleased with is my boy OD. He did what he could, but that's not what matters. I need help. :gun:

Back