Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans at Raiders Game Day Thread

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
I've never started one of these. :)

Game time starts at 3:05 PM on CBS. A preview from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/previ..._preview&season=2008&week=REG16&override=true

NFL.com Game Center for those that won't be in the viewing area:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29764&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

Last week: Texans 13-Titans 12:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29741&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&week=REG15

I think the Texans will win this one. Andre Johnson should have another big day (not saying 200 yards again, but at least 80 and a TD or two). I'm thinking Steve Slaton rushes for over 100 yards easily. Especially with the Ravens low ranked rushing defense. Only thing we have to watch out for really on the Raiders is Fargas and McFadden and hope they don't go off, because they have before this season. In the end, I see the Texans winning by at least two touchdowns.

Last edited:
Yep. Finish out the season at 9-7 (first winning record). I'd love that and we would really be fresh coming into next season.

I am a selfish TEXAN fan! Not only do I want our guys to have a HUGE win today, I want MS and AJ to rule the field! NO friggin FGs today by KB!!! I'm playing for the championship in my FF league and I have MS and AJ. My opponent has KB (booooo.):aggressive:

35-14 TEXANS

:fans::fans::fans::fans:

I am a selfish TEXAN fan! Not only do I want our guys to have a HUGE win today, I want MS and AJ to rule the field! NO friggin FGs today by KB!!! I'm playing for the championship in my FF league and I have MS and AJ. My opponent has KB (booooo.):aggressive:

35-14 TEXANS

:fans::fans::fans::fans:

Spot on there, have AJ and MS in FF this week as well, only difference is that I dropped Kris Brown for today, because we all know, he isn't having any field goals to kick today! Touchdowns all the way!

42-14 Texans, and a two and a half sack day for Super Mario, KW gets big yardage, and Stevie hits 101 yards to continue his personal streak.

:fans:

I need the Texans D and Kris Brown to go off today.

We need to establish the ground game and soften the middle of the field early with deep looks to AJ or AD. On defense, make Russell confused at the LOS by showing different looks and blitz every passing situation in the second half when the rain comes.

The Texans need this win, but in the grand scheme of things they need to blow this team out - a complete domination on offense, defense and special teams is in order. We are past moral victories, overcoming adversity, winning on the road and putting together winning streaks - it is time to start destroying the other teams natural love for the game. :texflag:

Grrrrrrrrrr!! I detest 3pm away games! To friggin long to wait!:scarygirl:

Sorry, just had to say that!:shetexan:I'm SOOOOO ready for some football! After last week, my anticipation level is sky high! Smackin GB on the road, and stuffing Texan dirt down the throats of the meatballs, just has me rarin to go!! Can't wait for the game to start!

Sorry, just had to say that!:shetexan:I'm SOOOOO ready for some football! After last week, my anticipation level is sky high! Smackin GB on the road, and stuffing Texan dirt down the throats of the meatballs, just has me rarin to go!! Can't wait for the game to start!

Is anyone doing anything or going anywhere for this game?

I feel ya... but we must savor today. Remember, its ALL OVER after next week.
:(

Is anyone doing anything or going anywhere for this game?

I'm stayin home Andrew. I have to work tonight and with this being a 3pm game, I just don't have the time to go anywhere. Check the "Bubba's" link in the tailgating section. I think there's a group going there.

I'm stayin home Andrew. I have to work tonight and with this being a 3pm game, I just don't have the time to go anywhere. Check the "Bubba's" link in the tailgating section. I think there's a group going there.

we might go gotta talk with Amy, but she worked last night and may not be up for it.

I need the Texans D and Kris Brown to go off today.

We need to establish the ground game and soften the middle of the field early with deep looks to AJ or AD. On defense, make Russell confused at the LOS by showing different looks and blitz every passing situation in the second half when the rain comes.

The Texans need this win, but in the grand scheme of things they need to blow this team out - a complete domination on offense, defense and special teams is in order. We are past moral victories, overcoming adversity, winning on the road and putting together winning streaks - it is time to start destroying the other teams natural love for the game. :texflag:

That quote is going in my sig. That's pretty much what I've been wanting to say for about 10 weeks.

I don't know, but this game still scares me. I don't know, call me pesimistic, but I think we could very well lose this game. I hope for the best though and say we'll win 42-17! ;). GO TEXANS!!

I don't know, but this game still scares me. I don't know, call me pesimistic, but I think we could very well lose this game. I hope for the best though and say we'll win 42-17! ;). GO TEXANS!!

We better do well.

All my fantasy football "eggs" are in the Texans' basket: Slaton at RB, Daniels at TE, Kris Brown at K, Walter at the flex position, and the Texans' Defense.

I am playing THIS weekend in our Super Bowl. So I am banking on us having a great day vs. Oakland.

I will either be doubly excited, or doubly pissed off today. LOL.

I don't know, but this game still scares me. I don't know, call me pesimistic, but I think we could very well lose this game. GO TEXANS!!

For some reason I feel very confident. I woke up thinking were going to win this game. Its a strange feeling. I hope the team doesnt play flat after a big game last week. I like this feeling. GO TEXANS!

DOes anyone know of a good place to watch the game on the internet?? I know of the justin.tv website, but it doesnt seem to load well at the resort.

I didn't think so either until I tried it for the Panther game last year when I was in Austin.
It might be the Raiders' "Salute to the Troops" day or something... we did that for the Saints game last year... I'm listening to KSHN because I always do.

The game was blacked out in Oakland, explains the radio broadcast.

HOU kickoff to OAK, Miller from OAK7, down at OAK36.

Back