Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
New England
Denver
Oakland
Green Bay
Minnesota

Sorry, somehow I missed your thread............please merge my thread with yours!

So, if I make a post in this thread, it will be in the other. The post I made in the other thread, will be in this one. I'm not totally sure about this, but I think Einstein would have a problem with it.

Depends on where you heard it on what it would be worth
From a San Francisco Post sports writer earlier today (well, actually yesterday):
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14h14 hours ago
Get off plane & phone is blowing up with rumors of #Raiders playing Houston in Mexico. So I called league office. Not a done deal yet.
#NFL: "While discussions are ongoing, no decision on playing a game in #Mexico in 2016 has been made." #Raiders
I think it's going to happen though ... Shh ... #Arriba

From a couple of months ago:
The NFL sent a contingent of league officials to Mexico City for several days last week to continue gathering information about the feasibility of playing a regular-season game in Azteca Stadium next season, and the officials brought back overwhelmingly positive reports, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.
League sources said there are multiple teams willing to sacrifice a home game to play in Mexico City, in a stadium that seats over 100,000 people, and the Raiders continue to be one of the favorites mentioned as a franchise likely to host a game there. The Raiders are also one of the league's most popular teams in that country.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...y-very-enthusiastic-about-2016-game-in-azteca

And from a month or so before that:
The Houston Texans are hoping to take their team international in 2016.
Owner Bob McNair, however, is not willing to take away a game from the home schedule at NRG Stadium, therefore Houston would need to be the visiting team before it would consider playing abroad.
"I believe there's a chance," Texans president Jamey Rootes told the Houston Chronicle about possibility of playing in Mexico City in 2016. "We've always expressed that we have an interest in participating internationally as a road team... We've made it clear that we're most interested in doing that in Mexico. It's an amazing opportunity for the team and the league. But it's a league decision, and it would be on their timing.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ernational-regular-season-game-in-2016-101515

Everything lines up to say this is gonna happen.

HOME
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Cincinnati
Kansas City
San Diego
Chicago
Detroit

AWAY
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
New England
Denver
Oakland
Green Bay
Minnesota

I don't see a game on that home slate that we can't win. Not saying we will win all of them but there's not a "Oh crap!" game in there. Not a single one.

The away games are tougher IMO but we still always got Jacksonville and Tennessee to kick around. Maybe we start our winning streak in Indy next year too?

I see 10-11 wins as being possible. That's just an at-a-glance answer though. Could change when the actual schedule comes out. Then you get a better feeling for flow of the season.

Reactions: JB
Oakland is going to be a tough game for sure. That team impressed me this year.

Maybe. Just like Bortles, he's racking up stats in losing situations. Bortles didn't look like a 35 TD, 4000 yard QB Sunday. Not even close.

Maybe. Just like Bortles, he's racking up stats in losing situations. Bortles didn't look like a 35 TD, 4000 yard QB Sunday. Not even close.

Pretty much all QBs rack up stats against bad teams, or bad defenses. And pretty much all QBs struggle against better defenses. Why do you think Peyton has just 1 ring? It's because defenses in the playoffs are usually pretty good.

Not saying Bortles or Carr or whoever, is all that. Just saying that even the Peyton's and Brady's rack up stats against bad teams. And at least Carr and Bortles are doing that, unlike Locker, Geno, Manuel, Ponder, Manziel, etc.

Pretty much all QBs rack up stats against bad teams, or bad defenses. And pretty much all QBs struggle against better defenses. Why do you think Peyton has just 1 ring? It's because defenses in the playoffs are usually pretty good.

Not saying Bortles or Carr or whoever, is all that. Just saying that even the Peyton's and Brady's rack up stats against bad teams. And at least Carr and Bortles are doing that, unlike Locker, Geno, Manuel, Ponder, Manziel, etc.

I'm not talking about racking up stats against bad teams. I'm talking about racking up stats in losing situations... garbage time. Brian Hoyer like. I'm just saying you don't really know how good they are. Unless you think Hoyer is showing promise.

I'm not talking about racking up stats against bad teams. I'm talking about racking up stats in losing situations... garbage time. Brian Hoyer like. I'm just saying you don't really know how good they are. Unless you think Hoyer is showing promise.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I just don't think you dismiss these guys with what they're doing, even if they are racking up stats in GT or against bad teams, in just their 2nd year. They're still learning the game and having some sucesses along the way. Like I said, some QBs (Locker, Geno, etc.) can't even do it against bad teams, garbage time, whatever.

Next year is where these guys need to start making their moves, playing better when the game is still a game and against better teams. That's when you start to find out if they're going to be something in this league, or be another journeyman QB like a Hoyer.

And yes, Hoyer has had his best games in garbage time or against bad defenses, but he's been in this for 7 seasons now. The showing promise part of his game is long gone.

And yes, Hoyer has had his best games in garbage time or against bad defenses, but he's been in this for 7 seasons now. The showing promise part of his game is long gone.

People probably said the same thing about Carson Palmer before he teamed up with Bruce Arians, or that Kurt Warner was washed up before he went to Arizona. Not that I'm high on Brian Hoyer or anything, but it works better for me if I can convince myself OB knows WTF he's doing.

People probably said the same thing about Carson Palmer before he teamed up with Bruce Arians, or that Kurt Warner was washed up before he went to Arizona. Not that I'm high on Brian Hoyer or anything, but it works better for me if I can convince myself OB knows WTF he's doing.
LMAO! I wish I could convince myself of that, but I can't get Hoyer for Fitz, Mallett for Hoyer, Hoyer for Mallett out of my head.

I'm saying as a team, not just their QB situation. They went 7-9 in a much tougher division. They have an stud WR, a really good RB, and an improving defense to go along with their young QB. Like Bortles, time will tell but I think overall they're a much better team.

If you win a division, then the next year your schedule includes other division winners like NE & Denver, so that will make it just that much tougher to beat Indy for the division title next year (assuming Luck is back), when they won't have those same kind of opponents in their schedule.

If you win a division, then the next year your schedule includes other division winners like NE & Denver, so that will make it just that much tougher to beat Indy for the division title next year (assuming Luck is back), when they won't have those same kind of opponents in their schedule.
There is not that much difference between the teams we play vs. the teams Indy plays. Pitt/Cin, NYJ/NE. The Patriots are better than the Jets but NYJ did win ten games this year. Pittsburgh/Cincinnati is a wash. We seem to have Dalton's number anyway.

HOME
Indianapolis -W
Jacksonville -W
Tennessee -W
Cincinnati -W
Kansas City -W (Oh, we're winning this game if I gots to come out the stands & kill somebody)
San Diego -L
Chicago -L
Detroit -W

AWAY
Indianapolis -W
Jacksonville -L
Tennessee -W
New England -W
Denver -L
Oakland -W
Green Bay -L
Minnesota -L

10-6

Honestly, the only reason I did this was to get that line in about KC

HOME
Indianapolis -W
Jacksonville -W
Tennessee -W
Cincinnati -W
Kansas City -W (Oh, we're winning this game if I gots to come out the stands & kill somebody)
San Diego -L
Chicago -L
Detroit -W

AWAY
Indianapolis -W
Jacksonville -L
Tennessee -W
New England -W
Denver -L
Oakland -W
Green Bay -L
Minnesota -L

10-6

Honestly, the only reason I did this was to get that line in about KC
I know we've beaten the Chiefs at Arrowhead, but have we ever beaten them at home in Houston ?

I won't speak to what I think the Texans will do, but for optimism I'll say go undefeated at home, and then split on the road, and that's 12-4 with an automatic playoff berth.

We have games against 6 playoff teams. Luck will undoubtably be back. 9-7 or 8-8.

If Savage, or Weeden, prove to be the answer at QB, then we should win at least 10 games. If we win 11, we'll know we've found our QB.

We have games against 6 playoff teams. Luck will undoubtably be back. 9-7 or 8-8.

If Savage, or Weeden, prove to be the answer at QB, then we should win at least 10 games. If we win 11, we'll know we've found our QB.
I expect an 8-8 season.

HOME
Indianapolis - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee - W
Cincinnati - W
Kansas City - L
San Diego - W
Chicago - L
Detroit - W

AWAY
Indianapolis - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee - W
New England - L
Denver - L
Oakland - W
Green Bay - L
Minnesota - L
I see 8-8. I just can't expect better until this team looks ready to go at the first snap for 16 games.

2010 Week 6, we had a comeback victory against them with AJ catching a last second TD in the fourth

A Matt Schaub led comeback!!! Just turning the screw a little bit!

The home slate has the potential to be an 8-0 one (it won't because it's the Texans), but that road sked is brutal. At least the Vikings game, if late in the year, will be domed. And I'd like to see the schedule makers give us the Colts at home at the end of the year for a change!

Preseason schedule just released:

The #Texans preseason schedule : Week 1 - at @49ers
Week 2 - vs. Saints
Week 3 - vs. AZCardinals
Week 4 - at @dallascowboys @KPRC2

Looks life on the road will be tough next year
Really? Only two tough road games I see.
We should go 6-2 on the road at worse. IMO.

I have the Texans going 13-3 in 2016.
7-1 at home and 6-2 on road. You feel me?

I hope that's enough to earn us the 1st seed in the AFC. So that way we can have the home field advantage all the way throughout the entire playoffs, which will include us winning Super Bowl 51 inside our own stadium (NRG baby!).

The Houston Texans will become Super Bowl 51 champions! The only real question I have is where will the parade in downtown Houston be located? Or will it be closer to NRG Stadium about 8 miles away? I wonder how many people will be out there? It's going to be party time!

Reactions: ROO
Really? Only two tough road games I see.
We should go 6-2 on the road at worse. IMO.

I have the Texans going 13-3 in 2016.
7-1 at home and 6-2 on road. You feel me?

I hope that's enough to earn us the 1st seed in the AFC. So that way we can have the home field advantage all the way throughout the entire playoffs, which will include us winning Super Bowl 51 inside our own stadium (NRG baby!).

The Houston Texans will become Super Bowl 51 champions! The only real question I have is where will the parade in downtown Houston be located? Or will it be closer to NRG Stadium about 8 miles away? I wonder how many people will be out there? It's going to be party time!

Texans get #1 seed in AFC and make Super Bowl. First time ever hosting city has team in Super Bowl.

Texans promptly declared visiting team in Super Bowl. Houston Sports.

Texans get #1 seed in AFC and make Super Bowl. First time ever hosting city has team in Super Bowl.

Texans promptly declared visiting team in Super Bowl. Houston Sports.
How do the Super Bowl tickets work out? If the Texans are playing in Super Bowl 51 at NRG Stadium, will our season-ticket holders get "first dibs" or will they be sold like every other Super Bowl? I suppose you could always shell out the big money: $10,000 dollars or whatever it is, to purchase good Super Bowl tickets on-line?

Back